Rurouni Kenshin a.k.a. Samurai X

RedXIII
Visitor

Post by RedXIII »

Trust me,I know
Visitor

Post by Guest »

... My friend was just telling me that Kenshin dies from some type of disease, and he has a kid with Kaoru ( My friend was very unspecific, and he said girl with the blue hair, and I thought he was talking about Misao!) And he dies... or something.. I don't know.
Visitor

Post by Guest »

dude ur friend is wrong!
kenshin has a disease from when he was helping a disease ridden poor town. he knows he will get it but its all part of his atonement. Kaoru get the disease on pupose from kenshin 2 show her devotion and stuff. Kenji, their son was alredy born so hes fine. its a disease like aids i think.
kenshin dies on the same day his scar disapears and then kaoru probably doesn't survive long.
Kenji gives up Hiten mitsurugi ryu and lives a life of peace and happiness with his girl. the life kenshin never could :D
sorry i got carried away i just couln't stop wrighting
Visitor

Post by Guest »

... oh, ok, I'll tell him that tomorrow at skewl
VampireSplooge
Visitor

Post by VampireSplooge »

I've never seen it.
Visitor

Post by Guest »

well you should....you'll be revolutionised as an anime fan!!! 8)
*~Hakkai~*
Visitor

Post by *~Hakkai~* »

Disciple_of_Malice wrote:sorry i got carried away i just couln't stop wrighting

You the man! Best review I've seen of it is a while. You know your stuff! I thought it was fitting for him to die of sickness than of a sword. Can't explain it, really.. just felt right.
Visitor

Post by Guest »

:oops: dude you shouldn't have quoted that.....wrighting???
well i musn't have been paying attention :wink:
*~Hakkai~*
Visitor

Post by *~Hakkai~* »

Disciple_of_Malice wrote::oops: dude you shouldn't have quoted that.....wrighting???

Don't worry about it, no red pencil in my hand! I didn't even notice it. Or wait, now it's supposed to be purple, red is too tramatic on the kids. Go figure. :roll:

I suck at spelling myself. That and math.
Bun_ny
Visitor

Post by Bun_ny »

Samuari is the best anime I've ever seen. It really made me change my mind about the Rurouni series. Samuari X has such great visuals. As an artist, I'm excited to say that the industry is really going somewhere. ^_^ I hope one day I could be apart of that.
Visitor

Post by Guest »

im sure you will if you put all your effort into it :D
i agree the visuals are the best in the OAV's out of any anime the world has ever seen :P
Bun_ny
Visitor

Post by Bun_ny »

Thank you, DOM.

Samuarai X makes Rurouni Kenshin look like kiddy crap. :p
Starwind Amada
Visitor

Post by Starwind Amada »

Anonymous wrote:I have seen both Rurouni Kenshin and Samurai X and even though everyone says they are the same they are not!! Rurouni Kenshin shows all of the battles Kenshin must go through in sagas while Samurai X goes through all the battles (meaning from the battle with Jin-E Udo/Kurogasa to the battle with Makoto Shishio to the battle with Enishi Yukishiro) in two hours. Not to mention the animation quality of Samurai x pales in comparison to the animation of Rurouni Kenshin.

It barely shows the battle with Shishio. Also, it's obvious that the animation is better, given that it's a newer series and was done by a different animation studio. Plus, the shorter the series, the more money that is spent on animation.

And Rurouni Kenshin and Samurai X are the same series. Rurouni Kenshin is the TV series. Samurai X is just the English title for the OVA so you don't have to say "the Rurouni Kenshin OVA".

As for the third arc, the reason it's a piece of crap is because when Legend of Kyoto finished airing in Japan, the fans wanted more Kenshin. However, Watsuki's manga wasn't completed yet, so the TV series' screenwriters just made up their own storyline.

I've got the box sets of Wandering Samurai and Legend of Kyoto, the OVA box set and the movie. I'm a Kenshin fanatic (just look at my avatar).
Starwind Amada
Visitor

Post by Starwind Amada »

Disciple_of_Malice wrote:im sure you will if you put all your effort into it :D
i agree the visuals are the best in the OAV's out of any anime the world has ever seen :P

Now that we're into the 21st century, that is no longer true. Samurai X does have state-of-the-art visuals (as do most OVAs), but now everything is done digitally and combines 2D and 3D animation. A great example of this is Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex.

And Samurai X does not make the TV series look like kiddie crap. It just makes it seem more light-hearted. A series about an ex-assassin is definitely not for kids.
*Shadow Samurai *
Visitor

Post by *Shadow Samurai * »

I like Kenshin and Sanosuke!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :?
Dark Lilly
Ex-Moderator

re: Rurouni Kenshin a.k.a. Samurai X

Post by Dark Lilly »

Guest said: kenshin has a disease from when he was helping a disease ridden poor town. he knows he will get it but its all part of his atonement. Kaoru get the disease on pupose from kenshin 2 show her devotion and stuff. Kenji, their son was alredy born so hes fine. its a disease like aids i think.
kenshin dies on the same day his scar disapears and then kaoru probably doesn't survive long.
Kenji gives up Hiten mitsurugi ryu and lives a life of peace and happiness with his girl. the life kenshin never could

++Well said. Although the disease is never specifically mentioned, it was probably tuberlocosis. It was prevalent at the time and had no cure.
Stand back! This old Otaku has PMS, a broadsword, a double bladed battle ax, a flail, dagger in her teeth and a pistol in her belt.