Tension Between James Vega And Garrus Vikarian? (ME3)

Topics about pretty much anything and everything else.
Trigger Happy

Tension Between James Vega And Garrus Vikarian? (ME3)

Post by Trigger Happy » Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:41 pm

Out of all the characters, I was confused about James. His profile is a little lacking to me. I understand he doesn't like talking much especially about himself but his attitude and everything else is giving me serious whiplash.

James seems to be giving off mixed feelings. I would guess he doesn't like aliens in general but there appears to be a little more to it than that and it revolves around Garrus and FemShepard.

During the dance with Garrus, James ends up looking over and eventually walks over to the dance floor and stands there. Soon Shepard semi-spins and comes face to face with James, who gives the "I'm not amused" look.

Am I missing something or is there a love/hate triangle going on? Maybe James just doesn't like Shepard or Garrus... maybe the thought of cross species relations disgust him?

I don't know why this is bugging me but it is! I feel like I was left out on something.
The one and only Envy Isn't Envious

Part of the original AA gang - I sure do miss the old days

Imdabipolarbear

Re: Tension Between James Vega And Garrus Vikarian? (ME3)

Post by Imdabipolarbear » Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:51 pm

If I had to guess, I would go with the fact that James has a crush on FemShep...I can sorta see a relationship between Garrus and FemShep, however, it seemed more mutual respect for how well they can both handle situations, with Garrus going from generic police officer, to more of a Batman or even Punisher like attitude.

I dont know how far you are in the game as of now, but Garrus does get a relationship, and one I laugh at and fully support.

And being the perverted guy I am, my FemShep was into women.

But I can see a Garrus/FemShep relationship and think that would be pretty kickass.
The Brown-Eyed Boy is who I be. And I'm still as twisted as ever.
That's Mr. Jewfro to you buddy!
Thank you Tyche for my very awesome avatar.

Trigger Happy

Post by Trigger Happy » Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:42 pm

I've played through the games once all the way through. My femshep was in a relationship with Garrus and yes it was pretty funny but also adorable. Although I pretty much cried at the end. I'm playing through the games again and am currently already at ME2.

Imdabipolarbear

Post by Imdabipolarbear » Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:58 am

Now, did you cry over the ending being good or bad?
The Brown-Eyed Boy is who I be. And I'm still as twisted as ever.
That's Mr. Jewfro to you buddy!
Thank you Tyche for my very awesome avatar.

Trigger Happy

Post by Trigger Happy » Sun Aug 17, 2014 3:28 pm

Imdabipolarbear wrote:Now, did you cry over the ending being good or bad?
The ending wasn't bad at all. I actually liked it despite what a lot of other people are saying . It seems everyone expects films/videogames/etc. to have a happy ending and Mass Effect did the unexpected which is why I liked it so much. So many videogames and movies are predictable that it gets boring. I love it when things are changed up. Don't get me wrong I still cried but that's because of the emotion they put in it.