who here has ever talked about it

Discussions about anything anime-related.
Ran__Mouri
Visitor

who here has ever talked about it

Post by Ran__Mouri »

has anyone ever talked about 90's anime

like peole talk about 80's anime but they just totally skip 90's lol it's crazy
WhoWantsToKnow
Dragon Master Otaku

Post by WhoWantsToKnow »

Well... :? it's a bit hard to describe anime in the 90's. This was the dawn of the big video age, when you really began seeing anime appearing on home video. I remember back in '97 when I got by box set of Record of Lodoss War for Christmas.

Anime in the early 90's was still primarily the realm of otakus who already know pretty much what they want, so there is little discussion of these series. About the mid-90's was when things began taking off with the anime airings on Sci-Fi, Dragon Ball, Sailor Moon, and particularly PokƩmon.

The anime on Sci-Fi doesn't lend much to conversation. As for the series, well...a good chunk of them are still with us, so they're not discussed as "90's" anime, persay, and are rather lumped together with today's anime.
Mountain
Visitor

Post by Mountain »

True, I agree.
God, u really are an Otaku aren't u, u're like the 'Professor of anime' or something like that. Well if they had to have one, u'd be it.
RedXIII
Visitor

Post by RedXIII »

you are..you are just down right amazing :o
Soulstealingangel
Visitor

Re: who here has ever talked about it

Post by Soulstealingangel »

We are all otaku. Why else would we be here?
DarkWolf0
Visitor

Post by DarkWolf0 »

Otaku means either home or geek i think.Thats what i heard in this one forum.I might of misheard.(but i dont get home lol)
OniKira
Absolute Otaku

Post by OniKira »

Otaku literally means nerd or geek; an otaku doesnt necesarily have to be associated with anime.
OniRuroKen=OniLawliet=OniKira
I promise, this is the last name change. And don't you dare take one of my old names. I'll write you down if you do.

Equality. Tolerance. Respect.
Slash
Uber Otaku

Post by Slash »

I think it's still too soon to talk about 90's anime, I guess it hasn't really sunk in that it's already 2006. WTH?! Anyways, it was probably the biggest time for anime because it is when it first started to catch on over here in the states. Had some of the best series too.
"Yeah, that's right. Turd Ferguson. It's a funny name."
Twilight Night Wolf
Uber Otaku

Post by Twilight Night Wolf »

Slash wrote:I think it's still too soon to talk about 90's anime, I guess it hasn't really sunk in that it's already 2006. WTH?! Anyways, it was probably the biggest time for anime because it is when it first started to catch on over here in the states. Had some of the best series too.
He's right about everything it is a bit soon to talk about 90's anime.
There is no true good, or evil even the best of good intentions can cause negative effects to take place.