Red Clothes, Green Hair...

Discussions about anything anime-related.
WhoWantsToKnow
Dragon Master Otaku

Red Clothes, Green Hair...

Post by WhoWantsToKnow »

This is something that has piqued my curiosity lately. Particularly during the 70's and 80's, there was a spat of anime ladies with green hair who almost always dressed in red (and sometimes a skimpy red). They were either in general anime or anime-themed videogames.

It's made me wonder: why the trend? Was there something about or behind said motif?

Do you recall any anime ladies who fit their desctiption? Do you have any thoughts as to the reason for the trend? Voice your thoughts.
BigKwell
Inactive
Inactive

Post by BigKwell »

The only person in my mind that comes close is Ryoko Hakubi from "Tenchi Muyo!" ... at least in her battlesuit. :mrgreen:
"When I hear of Schrödinger's cat, I reach for my pistol."

Stephen W. Hawking
WhoWantsToKnow
Dragon Master Otaku

Post by WhoWantsToKnow »

Have you ever seen the Taito LaserDisc game Time Gal? That featured such a girl.

There's supposed to be a girl in Combatter V that fits the description, too.

Gatchaman's Swan Jun could also be said to fit that category.

Thst most recent example that jumps to mind goes back to around '96 with Square's Final Fantasy 6 and Terra/Tina Branford. Again, green hair, red clothes.

It just piqued my curiosity to see the trend appear so frequently. Is there a story behind it?
BigKwell
Inactive
Inactive

Post by BigKwell »

Sorry, don't have a LaserDisc player. Hopefully, they might release it on DVD. :(
"When I hear of Schrödinger's cat, I reach for my pistol."

Stephen W. Hawking
Keladry
Visitor

Post by Keladry »

Well I have not seen any woman with green hair and a red outfit but as you progress in the game of .Hack infection then your character keeps his green hair but his clothes change to red what is wiyh that?
WhoWantsToKnow
Dragon Master Otaku

Post by WhoWantsToKnow »

Sorry, don't have a LaserDisc player. Hopefully, they might release it on DVD. :(

Here's a link to the System16 website. It details the Taito LG system, which featured Time Gal. From what I understand, it was only released in Japan.

Anyway, another video game girl springs into my mind. The main character in the old NES game Wurm: Journey to the Center of the Earth was named Moby. She too had red clothes and green hair.
Keladry
Visitor

Helooo

Post by Keladry »

Hey am I being ignored :?: *starts crying* I hate being ignored
WhoWantsToKnow
Dragon Master Otaku

Post by WhoWantsToKnow »

I'm not ignoring you. It's just that I don't play games that much anymore and haven't touched any of the .hack videogames.

However, you do make an interesting point about Kite. It's not often a guy has bright green hair the way he does (even if it is only a virtual avatar).
RedXlll
Visitor

Post by RedXlll »

Well..I have to say that I have seen Alot of this strange anime trend.And have to agree with Keladry about the whole Kite thing that is very strange also :?

And I luv .Hack games.But me fav games would have to be FF7-X2 :wink:
Mountain
Visitor

Post by Mountain »

hm . . . I've never noiced that. I vaguely remember an anime woman with green hair and a red dress . . . but I don't know where from. It's funny you should point that out.
WhoWantsToKnow
Dragon Master Otaku

Post by WhoWantsToKnow »

Could you give a time frame of when you observed this girl? I can use this as a guide for pinpointing the character.
Mountain
Visitor

Post by Mountain »

Sorry, but I wasn't really paying attention at the time, the memory just occured to me when I read this thread. I saw her in the 90's but I don't think the anime was made in the 90's.
Keladry
Visitor

Post by Keladry »

RedXlll wrote:Well..I have to say that I have seen Alot of this strange anime trend.And have to agree with Keladry about the whole Kite thing that is very strange also :?

And I luv .Hack games.But me fav games would have to be FF7-X2 :wink:

woohoo someone agrees with me and I absoulutely luv Final fantasy it is so cool
Mountain
Visitor

Post by Mountain »

I've only ever played one final fantasy game and that was FFX. I loved it! Although I think they kinda messed up on FFX-2.
RedMethod(XlllRed)
Visitor

Post by RedMethod(XlllRed) »

Oh..My friend you have only scratched the surface of final fantasy Gold
Mountain
Visitor

Post by Mountain »

lol, I know I have.