Anyone for Miyazaki?

Discussions about anything anime-related.
BigKwell
Inactive
Inactive

Anyone for Miyazaki?

Post by BigKwell »

Let me know what Hayao Miyazaki film you love the most. Currently, I own a copy of "Princess Mononoke." I hope to get a copy of "Nausicaa" soon. :)
"When I hear of Schrödinger's cat, I reach for my pistol."

Stephen W. Hawking
primehalo

Post by primehalo »

I really can't pick a favorite, but I think it would be between Laputa, Kiki's Delivery Service, and Spirited Away.
Botan
Visitor

Post by Botan »

you should watch spirited away!!!! fantastic!!! ooohh... Mononoke Hime too and Kiki's delivery... grab a copy of it!!
Mountain
Visitor

Post by Mountain »

Does Hayao Miyazaki only do anime films?
What other anime has Hayao Miyazaki done, because the only one I've heard of that u lot listed r Princess Mononoke and Spirited Away, but I ain't seen either.
RedXIII
Visitor

Post by RedXIII »

Yep Me neither :?
primehalo

About Hayao Miyazaki

Post by primehalo »

If you want to know more about Hayao Miyazaki, this would be a good page to visit:
http://www.nausicaa.net/miyazaki/miyazaki/
Mountain
Visitor

Post by Mountain »

Thank you!
Misato
Visitor

Post by Misato »

I love Studio Ghibli!
"Grave of the fireflies" was the first I saw and that was the first time I had to realize that anime doesn't mean fanatsy, sci-fi and fun. Up til today it is one of the best anti-war movies I have ever seen - it shows what really happens to the innocent.
Luckily I could watch "Princess Mononoke" and "Spirited Away" on the big screen e.g. cinema. That adds so much to the atmosphere!
Still if I have to pick one fav I probably would go with "Nausicaa" or "Laputa".
But I also enjoyed the more children-movies "Kiki's delivery service" and "My neighbor Totoro" (wouldn't it be fun having a Totoro in the backyard? :mrgreen: ).
The only movie I found very disturbing was "Pom Poco" - raccoons with magical balls... :?
And for those who liked "Whisper of the heart" I can assure that "The cat returns" brings back the character of the Baron in a quite more fantastic way.
And how could I almost forget "Porco Rosso" - yes, a movie about a flying pig. *grin*

Can't wait to see "Howl's Moving Castle". It's funny, I have read some of Dianna Wynne Jones' books and like the worlds she is creating and now one of the books I haven't heard of is made into anime by Ghibli -- I'm not sure if I should read the book before or afterwards.
BigKwell
Inactive
Inactive

Post by BigKwell »

Mountain wrote:Does Hayao Miyazaki only do anime films?
What other anime has Hayao Miyazaki done, because the only one I've heard of that u lot listed r Princess Mononoke and Spirited Away, but I ain't seen either.

I do know that his first film was "The Castle of Casglogo" or something like that. It was a "Lupin III" film.

And as far as I can tell, Miyazaki does ONLY anime films.
"When I hear of Schrödinger's cat, I reach for my pistol."

Stephen W. Hawking
RedXIII
Visitor

Post by RedXIII »

Primes so helpful :D
Batzley
Visitor

Post by Batzley »

Oh! My guitar teacher worked on the English music for My Neighbor Totoro. I haven't seen the movie, though.
.:Insane~Genius:.
Visitor

re: Anyone for Miyazaki?

Post by .:Insane~Genius:. »

Iv cn the majority of those films and they're real gd! I cnt choose! AH!
Dark Lilly
Ex-Moderator

re: Anyone for Miyazaki?

Post by Dark Lilly »

Grave of the Fireflies
Stand back! This old Otaku has PMS, a broadsword, a double bladed battle ax, a flail, dagger in her teeth and a pistol in her belt.
Lenfa
Uber Otaku

Re: Anyone for Miyazaki?

Post by Lenfa »

Howl's moving castle, I loved that the most. ^_^
~+~Luv all my AA sibs!~+~
^Ani, meh Filo sis^

Love me' twins Mik3 and Shinogu!! ^^
"That's proof that your coming to visit was Hitsuzen"
nororu
Visitor

Post by nororu »

i'm also a big fan of not just miyazaki but studio ghibli altogether!

i recommend this two sites for info also:
http://www.onlineghibli.com/
http://www.ghibliworld.com/
Mr_Coffee
Visitor

Post by Mr_Coffee »

Mononoke is my favorite, but I'm also partial to Nausicaa. Most all of his movies are excellent, but there are a few strange ones.