Work

Topics about pretty much anything and everything else.
Imdabipolarbear

Re: Work

Post by Imdabipolarbear » Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:16 am

The world would be a much better place.....but not having a job sucks.....i need something to keep me busy so I'm not all alone all the time...........*sigh*
The Brown-Eyed Boy is who I be. And I'm still as twisted as ever.
That's Mr. Jewfro to you buddy!
Thank you Tyche for my very awesome avatar.

Yami Haga-Ryuzaki

Post by Yami Haga-Ryuzaki » Sun Feb 16, 2014 3:32 am

I work in retail, and last week I was told that hours are going to be "brutally" cut, because we just aren't meeting our weekly budgets, and until we do we have to get by on the bare minimum. This is alright for me since I still live at home, but my co-workers are in a frenzy. Everyone hates each other. I'm currently getting two shifts a week at three hours apiece, which is actually quite nice for me because it leaves more time for writing.

The only complain that I have is that there are constant roster errors. This is a huge issue for me because I use public transport, and it's a huge kick in the gut to be told that "we didn't mean to have you rostered on today (we're going to need you to go home)" and that I essentially wasted seven dollars and forty cents getting there.

Aaaaaah. Adulthood. It's hard to believe that I once wished I could skip ahead to this part.
Ahhhhhn~!

Naruko

Post by Naruko » Sun Feb 16, 2014 8:42 am

That sucks massive ass. Sorry Yami. =(

When I was a kid, I didn't imagine being an adult would be anything like this. Clearly someone needs to work on that.
Everything is an adventure. Good adventure, bad adventure, it's all adventures. Don't ever turn down anything that might sound even remotely adventurous.

Imdabipolarbear

Post by Imdabipolarbear » Tue Feb 18, 2014 8:15 am

I dont think any of us ever thought adult hood was going to be like this....and its funny....some days I would trade it all back to be a kid again...but most days, I wouldnt
The Brown-Eyed Boy is who I be. And I'm still as twisted as ever.
That's Mr. Jewfro to you buddy!
Thank you Tyche for my very awesome avatar.

Naruko

Post by Naruko » Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:49 pm

I had an interview today! I don't think I got the job though, which is nice because I'm not sure I want the job.
Everything is an adventure. Good adventure, bad adventure, it's all adventures. Don't ever turn down anything that might sound even remotely adventurous.

webmaster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by webmaster » Sun Mar 09, 2014 8:38 pm

Imdabipolarbear wrote:I dont think any of us ever thought adult hood was going to be like this....and its funny....some days I would trade it all back to be a kid again...but most days, I wouldnt
I hear that!

Naruko

Post by Naruko » Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:06 pm

I'm so exhausted by how awful my work is I'm either seriously considering Peace Corp, or quitting my field entirely to work in retail. I'm done.

Tyche

Post by Tyche » Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:14 pm

Naruko wrote:quitting my field entirely to work in retail.
Don't.
My team: Sylveon, Espeon, Vaporeon, Glaceon. Leafeon, Jolteon.

3DS Friend Code: 2895-7051-6452

Naruko

Post by Naruko » Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:59 pm

After a month of sitting on my ass, I'm finally working again!

Ace

Post by Ace » Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:57 am

I work in banking and let me tell you, with these recently new policy changes it just makes things worst dealing with angry customers >_>