Kill Bill

Discussions about anything movie or television-related
Mountain
Visitor

Kill Bill

Post by Mountain »

I know Kill Bill is a movie and all, but its an anime too. Is it so crap as an anime that this site don't even have it? Or have people just forgotten that its an anime?
RedXIII
Visitor

Post by RedXIII »

I know its an anime but don't know why this site dosn't have it
Mountain
Visitor

Post by Mountain »

This site has tons of anime and a good 90% I haven't even heard of. Surely Kill Bill is way more popular then them, especially wit two movies and all.
RedXIII
Visitor

Post by RedXIII »

Have you seen KillBill Volume 2 :?:
Mountain
Visitor

Post by Mountain »

No, I ain't seen any of the Kill Bill movies, but hopefully I will soon!
Keladry
Visitor

Post by Keladry »

I luved Kill Bill volume 1 and I hope to see volume 2 Kill Bill is so cool :D
Mountain
Visitor

Post by Mountain »

Apparently volume 2 is supposed to be way better then volume 1 and it makes a lot more sense.
RedXIII
Visitor

Post by RedXIII »

lol I write anime stories to...Kinda like fullMetalchemist(Fav Anime)
Mountain
Visitor

Post by Mountain »

So u writing fanfics?
Misato
Visitor

Post by Misato »

The anime segement is pretty short so I guess Kenneth should concentrate on other shows first. Besides the animation was way too westernized for me - since it has a lot blood and splatter in it I would have wished for it to look like the first Kenshin OVA for example.
But before Kill Bill is ever added to this site Animatrix should be considered first 'coz that is a feature film with more than ten minutes.
Ayame_Naomi
Visitor

Post by Ayame_Naomi »

I LOVE KILL BILL I SAW BOTH OF THEM!!
Mountain
Visitor

Post by Mountain »

Misato wrote:The anime segement is pretty short so I guess Kenneth should concentrate on other shows first. Besides the animation was way too westernized for me - since it has a lot blood and splatter in it I would have wished for it to look like the first Kenshin OVA for example.
But before Kill Bill is ever added to this site Animatrix should be considered first 'coz that is a feature film with more than ten minutes.

True, but Kill Bill is actually an anime film. The two volumes which were made by Tarantino (I probably spelt that wrong, but anyway) were based on the anime, so even though I agree that Animatrix is probably way better then Kill Bill (I ain't seen either) Kill Bill should still be recognised as a true anime by all anime fans anyway.
Mountain
Visitor

Post by Mountain »

Misato wrote:The anime segement is pretty short so I guess Kenneth should concentrate on other shows first. Besides the animation was way too westernized for me - since it has a lot blood and splatter in it I would have wished for it to look like the first Kenshin OVA for example.

True, but Kill Bill is actually an anime film. The two volumes which were made by Tarantino (I probably spelt that wrong, but anyway) were based on the anime, so even though I agree that Animatrix is probably way better then Kill Bill (I ain't seen either) Kill Bill should still be recognised as a true anime by all anime fans anyway.
Misato
Visitor

Post by Misato »

Mountain wrote:True, but Kill Bill is actually an anime film. The two volumes which were made by Tarantino (I probably spelt that wrong, but anyway) were based on the anime

:?: On which anime is Kill Bill based? As far as I know Tarantino and Thurman created the character The Bride together (it started out on the Pulp Fiction set) and this movie is a tribute to asian cinema, especially old Martial Arts movies by the Shaw Brothers etc. Like Hattori Hanzo for example, who appears in this film - he forges the katana then Bride uses. He is a character with a long history in samurai film, even played by the same actor again.
*hmm* Maybe I missed an information...
RedXIII
Visitor

Post by RedXIII »

this brings in to mind there is a game,That has Hattori hanzo in,Along with Oda nobunaga
SaiyanNekoKitsune_Meryl
Visitor

Post by SaiyanNekoKitsune_Meryl »

I'm not sure about it. In the end credits, the say, based on the character 'The Bride' created by Q & U, if I remember correctly. I saw both, Vol. 1 & 2. I have them on DVD. Volume 2 helps clear a lot of things up. It puts the whole story in place, so you can understand it better. I'm pretty sure it was based off SOMETHING...I'm not sure what, though. But, Hattori Hanzo was from another movie, or show...I'm not sure which.