Work

Topics about pretty much anything and everything else.
Naruko

Re: Work

Post by Naruko » Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:38 am

Interviews are the worst. My former company is the worst. I just want to work somewhere better than I am and I'm actively trying to change that why is this so difficult?!
Everything is an adventure. Good adventure, bad adventure, it's all adventures. Don't ever turn down anything that might sound even remotely adventurous.

webmaster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by webmaster » Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:11 am

I'm definitely not a fan of job interviews.

Tyche

Post by Tyche » Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:31 am

So, the job you were going for didn't work out, Nyxie? =(

I applied for Coca-cola two days ago. Got a call yesterday and missed it. Waiting to hear back today.
My team: Sylveon, Espeon, Vaporeon, Glaceon. Leafeon, Jolteon.

3DS Friend Code: 2895-7051-6452

Naruko

Post by Naruko » Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:09 pm

I've had so many interviews lately. So. Freakin. Many! Today I had one and I have another set up for tomorrow. Did I accidentally wish on a monkey's paw?
Everything is an adventure. Good adventure, bad adventure, it's all adventures. Don't ever turn down anything that might sound even remotely adventurous.

marycosplay

Post by marycosplay » Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:47 pm

I thought most guys enjoyed their work, if they really like it.

Naruko

Post by Naruko » Sat Aug 02, 2014 1:01 pm

Wait, did you just call me a dude?

Trigger Happy

Post by Trigger Happy » Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:39 pm

When I went for my job interview awhile back the first sentence out of the employer's mouth was "I know who your aunt is and I don't very much care for her."

... Yeah I bet you can guess how very awkward that was for me. -.-

I actually got the job but can tell she doesn't like me however.
The one and only Envy Isn't Envious

Part of the original AA gang - I sure do miss the old days

Thunderstruck

Post by Thunderstruck » Sat Apr 30, 2016 1:33 am

Naruko wrote:I'm so exhausted by how awful my work is I'm either seriously considering Peace Corp, or quitting my field entirely to work in retail. I'm done.
Not every branch or business that associates themselves with retail is perfect either, Nyxie poo.. you'd most likely be trading one hell for another. Only superior retail job ive had was Kohl's, great company to work for, at least at the location I was at. Gr8 read btw. Ha

Yoite

Post by Yoite » Fri May 13, 2016 3:29 pm

marycosplay wrote:I thought most guys enjoyed their work, if they really like it.
I'm the one who really enjoys with the work :) Comparing to my studying at university it's really a pleasure and I get money for what I do :)
I'm a copywriter, started to work a year ago and I can do this at home, so no more exhausting road there and back anymore 8-) Besides my work schedule is free, I don't need to get up early in the mornings (really hate this! ](*,) ) and can make my workplace really comfortable for me :) For example, not so long ago I bought one of these machines for making coffee, really adore the taste and it's such a pleasure to write all these articles with tasty coffee near you during the day, and no sleepy mornings at all! :) 8-) And it's much more interesting for me than making all these useless tasks for my studying :D
You dream of me and I kiss you in your dreams (c)