Forum is closed. New registrations are disabled. Join our active Discord community.

E3 is over: Oni's opinions and wrap-up of E3.

Discussions about anything videogame-related.
Twilight Night Wolf
Uber Otaku
Posts: 581
Joined: Apr 04, 2005 8:07pm
Gender: Male

Re: E3 is over: Oni's opinions and wrap-up of E3.

Post by Twilight Night Wolf »

Yeah I too was impressed by the Wii and I'll be getting it too and I plan on getting PS3 too but I'll wait until the price price goes down on it.
There is no true good, or evil even the best of good intentions can cause negative effects to take place.
User avatar
webmaster
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1103
Joined: Jul 24, 2004 10:25pm
Gender: Male
Contact:

Re: E3 is over: Oni's opinions and wrap-up of E3.

Post by webmaster »

I feel it's justified for the hardware that's included, but not justified for the amount of entertainment it would provide.
Gyro Zeppeli
Absolute Otaku
Posts: 1791
Joined: Apr 07, 2005 6:35pm
Gender: Male

Re: E3 is over: Oni's opinions and wrap-up of E3.

Post by Gyro Zeppeli »

Im psyched about the Wii. Ill be getting it for sure. And I agree with webmaster's statement, PS3 will only have a few good games, and im not willing to pay $600 for just a few games.

Personally here is what I rank them:
1. Wii- Great games, great controller, and great price

2. Xbox 360- I own one right now and I like it a lot, not up to hype, but Halo 3 and Gears of War look great

3. PS3- The hardware is no justification for a $600-$700 price tag, I have no real interest in online play. They really have to make some great games (which I highly doubt considering all they've done is made bad rip-offs of Nintendo games) to win my approval
In the beginning was the Win, and the Win was with Gai, and the Win was Gai.

Raptor Jesus went extinct for your sins. He is the true messiah
Twilight Night Wolf
Uber Otaku
Posts: 581
Joined: Apr 04, 2005 8:07pm
Gender: Male

Re: E3 is over: Oni's opinions and wrap-up of E3.

Post by Twilight Night Wolf »

Kazuma Torisuna wrote:Im psyched about the Wii. Ill be getting it for sure. And I agree with webmaster's statement, PS3 will only have a few good games, and im not willing to pay $600 for just a few games.

Personally here is what I rank them:
1. Wii- Great games, great controller, and great price

2. Xbox 360- I own one right now and I like it a lot, not up to hype, but Halo 3 and Gears of War look great

3. PS3- The hardware is no justification for a $600-$700 price tag, I have no real interest in online play. They really have to make some great games (which I highly doubt considering all they've done is made bad rip-offs of Nintendo games) to win my approval
Rip offs? Which games were rip offs of Nintendo's games?
There is no true good, or evil even the best of good intentions can cause negative effects to take place.
Cold Revolver
Absolute Otaku
Posts: 3369
Joined: Jun 26, 2005 10:50pm
Gender: Male
Contact:

Re: E3 is over: Oni's opinions and wrap-up of E3.

Post by Cold Revolver »

Twilight Blue Kira wrote:
Kazuma Torisuna wrote:Im psyched about the Wii. Ill be getting it for sure. And I agree with webmaster's statement, PS3 will only have a few good games, and im not willing to pay $600 for just a few games.

Personally here is what I rank them:
1. Wii- Great games, great controller, and great price

2. Xbox 360- I own one right now and I like it a lot, not up to hype, but Halo 3 and Gears of War look great

3. PS3- The hardware is no justification for a $600-$700 price tag, I have no real interest in online play. They really have to make some great games (which I highly doubt considering all they've done is made bad rip-offs of Nintendo games) to win my approval
Rip offs? Which games were rip offs of Nintendo's games?
He is talking about 3rd party developers who share there talents and teams with all three company's, No one is ripping anyone off its a contract and so 3rd party branches make and design games for microsoft, sony and Nintendo and sometimes they are the same title.. so get over it....and this also goes to show you that Sony stole nothing from Nintendo they also share the licence for some Controller hardware.
Can you find your name?
Amigos list: NickMistaColaJohnAmrayYMBedeMikeTycheAthosCloudTrishMatLust<33GioSerasErikBiki
KarinDretJessKoyue

I am not gay, I'm just colorful Betch! =-]
Twilight Night Wolf
Uber Otaku
Posts: 581
Joined: Apr 04, 2005 8:07pm
Gender: Male

Re: E3 is over: Oni's opinions and wrap-up of E3.

Post by Twilight Night Wolf »

Oh I see.
There is no true good, or evil even the best of good intentions can cause negative effects to take place.
OniKira
Absolute Otaku
Posts: 1323
Joined: Jun 06, 2005 8:34pm

Re: E3 is over: Oni's opinions and wrap-up of E3.

Post by OniKira »

Kazuma, you had agreed with webmaster's statement on how the hardware justifies the price, not the games. But then you say the price doesnt justify the hardware. Which is your opinion.

And, excuse me, but you're telling me you don't see any good games on PS3? Have you seen the MGS4:GOP trailer? How about Final Fantasy XIII? Killzone? Assassin's Creed? Heavenly Sword? Those are all excellent games man. Some are new and orginal titles, something Nintendo cannot seem to offer, and there are also some highly anticipated sequels.

Also, last time I checked, PS3 will cost $600 at the most for hardware. Assuming you buy a game or two, the most you will pay for videogaming nirvana is $700.
OniRuroKen=OniLawliet=OniKira
I promise, this is the last name change. And don't you dare take one of my old names. I'll write you down if you do.

Equality. Tolerance. Respect.
Gyro Zeppeli
Absolute Otaku
Posts: 1791
Joined: Apr 07, 2005 6:35pm
Gender: Male

Re: E3 is over: Oni's opinions and wrap-up of E3.

Post by Gyro Zeppeli »

Well yes and no about the first statement, for me it wouldnt be worth it though since I wouldnt use most of it, even though that is around the price of the hardware.

I saw the trailers at E3, MGS4 is the only game that piqued my interest, I hate the Final Fantasy series with a passion, and the others didnt seem too special. And that was pretty bold of you to say Nintendo wont have any good games, lets see there is Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Metroid Prime 3, Super Mario Galaxy, LOZ Twighlight Princess, Red Steel, and several others.

And you claim that Sony is original, then why did they have to take technology from the Wii controller? Sony even admitted that they did.

Just some stuff to think about
In the beginning was the Win, and the Win was with Gai, and the Win was Gai.

Raptor Jesus went extinct for your sins. He is the true messiah
OniKira
Absolute Otaku
Posts: 1323
Joined: Jun 06, 2005 8:34pm

Re: E3 is over: Oni's opinions and wrap-up of E3.

Post by OniKira »

No, what I said was that Sony is producing new and original games; not constant sequels. Notice that all of Nintendo's games are sequels. Hmm, wow, I'VE NEVER HEARD OF METROID BEFORE! Not to say that Metroid is a bad series, lol.

Ok, so Red Steel is new and original, but thats just one game. Sony has at least several new titles for their next console. Have you also noticed how third party developers haven't always stepped forward to create new games for Nintendo, especially most recently? It proves that they are fearful of Nintendo's uncertain future. that especially makes sense now, more than ever, when the Wii is much more farfetched than other consoles.

And, you think FF sucks? Tell that to hundreds of thousands of FF fans, including the fanboy who is currently typing this message. FF is the benchmark of RPG videogaming. Square has set the standard for the RPG genre, and Final Fantasy is a renowned RPG series.

As Bear said, Nintendo and Sony share the licensing for controller hardware; dont diss Sony just for making their own innovative controller. As Bear and I have stated, its not like Nintendo automatically owns the right to make innovative controllers.
OniRuroKen=OniLawliet=OniKira
I promise, this is the last name change. And don't you dare take one of my old names. I'll write you down if you do.

Equality. Tolerance. Respect.
Gyro Zeppeli
Absolute Otaku
Posts: 1791
Joined: Apr 07, 2005 6:35pm
Gender: Male

Re: E3 is over: Oni's opinions and wrap-up of E3.

Post by Gyro Zeppeli »

First off Nintendo has made great series and that is what makes them sucessful so its only natural theyd make sequels. BTW dont diss Metroid.

And about the 3rd party comment, that will change. The Wii had a great E3 performence and that will most likely win 3rd party support.

I liked FF7 and thats it. Even that one was overrated.

Sony isnt innovitive if they dont think of anything on their own
In the beginning was the Win, and the Win was with Gai, and the Win was Gai.

Raptor Jesus went extinct for your sins. He is the true messiah
OniKira
Absolute Otaku
Posts: 1323
Joined: Jun 06, 2005 8:34pm

Re: E3 is over: Oni's opinions and wrap-up of E3.

Post by OniKira »

Sony pretty much defined videogaming back in 1996 with PS1. And I meant Sony is innovative by using a six degrees of freedom hardware with their controller that they can manipulate into videogaming pleasure on their upcoming amazing system.

And I was never dissing Metroid, I was merely making a sarcastic comment on how this is like the 3rd Metroid rehash we've seen. It's great that Nintendo has made great series's but they're just killing 'em at this point.
OniRuroKen=OniLawliet=OniKira
I promise, this is the last name change. And don't you dare take one of my old names. I'll write you down if you do.

Equality. Tolerance. Respect.
GravyTrain
Uber Otaku
Posts: 697
Joined: Nov 12, 2005 1:26pm

Re: E3 is over: Oni's opinions and wrap-up of E3.

Post by GravyTrain »

OniRuroKen wrote:I'll agree with that about the XB360, but I think the PS3 has justified pricing.
No. They're both justified. When a company has to sell a product at a great loss of initial profit, you can be assured that as a consumer, you're the last one getting screwed.


I think Sony's presentation was pretty lackluster from what it could have been. They could have really shown off some neat shiz if the redesigned PSP was ready for show. I recently read about how the PS3 can be used as a location free player to stream live TV to the PSP. And the new PSP will have a built in digital camera so you can take pics and send them directly to your PS3 from any wi-fi spot in the world, as well as video-chat with other PSP and PS3 owners by using the new PSP's built in microphone and camera/eyetoy. Which could also be pretty awesome when being used in conjunction as a PS3 controller.

I was dismissive about the PS3 until I heard about how the new PSP would work with it. Now I'm torn between buying a PS3 and an Xbox 360 for college. Sony might have been able to suade a lot more people if they would have pushed the redesigned PSP's development a little harder to get it ready in time for the show.
OniKira
Absolute Otaku
Posts: 1323
Joined: Jun 06, 2005 8:34pm

Re: E3 is over: Oni's opinions and wrap-up of E3.

Post by OniKira »

Well GT, you raise some fine points.

I think you know, that if it was me, I would get PS3.
OniRuroKen=OniLawliet=OniKira
I promise, this is the last name change. And don't you dare take one of my old names. I'll write you down if you do.

Equality. Tolerance. Respect.
日本最大級のポータルサイト。検索、オークション
Visitor

Re: E3 is over: Oni's opinions and wrap-up of E3.

Post by 日本最大級のポータルサイト。検索、オークション »

Lol...the argument above is pretty much just a matter of taste. He likes Nintendo and Oni likes Sony. No one of you can really call them bad. I like both consoles, geez I like everything as long as its entertaining. But Oni did say one thing that is so true and which got me to stop playing Nintendo as much as I used to do...It is that they just keep making constant sequels...arent they good enough to make something new? Or are they just afraid of taking a chance of making something new? Geez, I dont call that a real gaming company if they just keep clinging onto their most successfull games and never make new ones. I'm not saying I dont like Nintendo but I sure as hell prefer any other console over them right now. But ofcourse, I still play my NES and SNES but if you think of the next gen stuff...Nintendo is the least creative still. Is their new console supposed to make it better? Well I dont care about graphics, I just want a fun game, and seeing the same characters over and over again for several years is not fun anymore.

Anyways...thats what I think ^^ Cao
Gyro Zeppeli
Absolute Otaku
Posts: 1791
Joined: Apr 07, 2005 6:35pm
Gender: Male

Re: E3 is over: Oni's opinions and wrap-up of E3.

Post by Gyro Zeppeli »

OniRuroKen wrote:Well GT, you raise some fine points.

I think you know, that if it was me, I would get PS3.
We all know you are a Sony fanboy so of course you would get a PS3

And also when you say Sony is original, have you forgotten that their only true sucessful games are in series taken from Nintendo (Final Fantasy and Metal Gear among others were originally on the NES). Their original games are crap.
In the beginning was the Win, and the Win was with Gai, and the Win was Gai.

Raptor Jesus went extinct for your sins. He is the true messiah
OniKira
Absolute Otaku
Posts: 1323
Joined: Jun 06, 2005 8:34pm

Re: E3 is over: Oni's opinions and wrap-up of E3.

Post by OniKira »

Um, what? MGS was NEVER on the NES. Where the hell did you figure that.

And Sony wasn't even around in the videogaming world when FF was on the Nintendo systems such as NES and SNES. When the PS1 came around, Square made a correct decision in continuing their franchise on a far more succesful and far more powerful console.
OniRuroKen=OniLawliet=OniKira
I promise, this is the last name change. And don't you dare take one of my old names. I'll write you down if you do.

Equality. Tolerance. Respect.
Locked