Forum is closed. New registrations are disabled. Join our active Discord community.

Wii+DS vs. PS3+PSP

Discussions about anything videogame-related.

Wii+DS vs. PS3+PSP

Wii+DS
7
58%
PS3+PSP
5
42%
 
Total votes: 12

OniKira
Absolute Otaku
Posts: 1323
Joined: Jun 06, 2005 8:34pm

Re: Wii+DS vs. PS3+PSP

Post by OniKira »

I'm in the same boat as Sora. I like the PS3 and the DS. I think the PSP had, and perhaps still has, amazing potential, but there are not enough amazing games to keep it going. DS has a consistent line up of good games.

As for the Wii...It's just not my kind of console. I don't want to dance around my room to play a game with mediocre graphics.
OniRuroKen=OniLawliet=OniKira
I promise, this is the last name change. And don't you dare take one of my old names. I'll write you down if you do.

Equality. Tolerance. Respect.
Twilight Night Wolf
Uber Otaku
Posts: 581
Joined: Apr 04, 2005 8:07pm
Gender: Male

Re: Wii+DS vs. PS3+PSP

Post by Twilight Night Wolf »

Orion wrote:
Gravy-Train wrote:What I don't understand is how people are always hating on the PS3 because it currently only has one good game (Resistance)...
Its cause they're too poor to aford a PS3.
Not everyone wants to spend $600 on a game system either it's just plain ridicious until it drops in price I will never buy one it's just stupid to spend all that on one system.

DS is of course fun and Wii is actually a lot of fun too it brings in a lot of possiablities for the future of gaming.
There is no true good, or evil even the best of good intentions can cause negative effects to take place.
Orion
Absolute Otaku
Posts: 1501
Joined: Jul 19, 2005 11:37pm

Re: Wii+DS vs. PS3+PSP

Post by Orion »

Twilight Night Wolf wrote:
Orion wrote:
Gravy-Train wrote:What I don't understand is how people are always hating on the PS3 because it currently only has one good game (Resistance)...
Its cause they're too poor to aford a PS3.
Not everyone wants to spend $600 on a game system either it's just plain ridicious until it drops in price I will never buy one it's just stupid to spend all that on one system.
Well then they could spend $500 instead? Is that too much? Is $400 too much as well?
Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
Cleavage! :o
Ichigo
Full Metal Otaku
Posts: 285
Joined: Dec 30, 2006 10:38pm

Re: Wii+DS vs. PS3+PSP

Post by Ichigo »

OniLawliet wrote:I'm in the same boat as Sora. I like the PS3 and the DS. I think the PSP had, and perhaps still has, amazing potential, but there are not enough amazing games to keep it going. DS has a consistent line up of good games.

As for the Wii...It's just not my kind of console. I don't want to dance around my room to play a game with mediocre graphics.
nice way to put it
Twilight Night Wolf
Uber Otaku
Posts: 581
Joined: Apr 04, 2005 8:07pm
Gender: Male

Re: Wii+DS vs. PS3+PSP

Post by Twilight Night Wolf »

Orion wrote:
Twilight Night Wolf wrote:
Orion wrote:
Gravy-Train wrote:What I don't understand is how people are always hating on the PS3 because it currently only has one good game (Resistance)...
Its cause they're too poor to aford a PS3.
Not everyone wants to spend $600 on a game system either it's just plain ridicious until it drops in price I will never buy one it's just stupid to spend all that on one system.
Well then they could spend $500 instead? Is that too much? Is $400 too much as well?
$400 is a more suitable price than $600 I do understand that the $600 price came from what the system was made out of, and they need money that they spent on it to cover all of that, but sony needs to learn power isn't everything and that not everyone is willing to spend that kind of money on a system.
There is no true good, or evil even the best of good intentions can cause negative effects to take place.
Gravy-Train‽
Full Metal Otaku
Posts: 213
Joined: Oct 11, 2006 1:59pm
Gender: Male

Re: Wii+DS vs. PS3+PSP

Post by Gravy-Train‽ »

Twilight Night Wolf wrote:
$400 is a more suitable price than $600 I do understand that the $600 price came from what the system was made out of, and they need money that they spent on it to cover all of that, but sony needs to learn power isn't everything and that not everyone is willing to spend that kind of money on a system.
Yes, $400 is more suitable if you want a 360. But consider this: The Wi-fi receiver for the 360 costs $100 and the HD-DVD drive costs $200 and they are both EXTERNAL. Buying all that will end up costing you $700. The PS3 is $600, but that $600 includes the Wi-fi reciever and the Blu-ray disc player which are built into the system.

Now I know a lot of people don't care about high definition movies or having their games hold 5x more content, which the Blu-ray player allows, and not everyone needs a wireless connection to the internet. Those people can go buy a 360 and shut up about the PS3's price. For those of us who do want all that, we've gone and bought ourselves a PS3.

Note: That while the PS3 does offer free internet service while Microsoft charges $50 a year for Xbox Live, I'm not taking that into the equation because Xbox Live is far better. You get what you pay for, which also goes dually for the difference in 360 and PS3 price points.
Twilight Night Wolf
Uber Otaku
Posts: 581
Joined: Apr 04, 2005 8:07pm
Gender: Male

Re: Wii+DS vs. PS3+PSP

Post by Twilight Night Wolf »

Gravy-Train wrote:
Twilight Night Wolf wrote:
$400 is a more suitable price than $600 I do understand that the $600 price came from what the system was made out of, and they need money that they spent on it to cover all of that, but sony needs to learn power isn't everything and that not everyone is willing to spend that kind of money on a system.
Yes, $400 is more suitable if you want a 360. But consider this: The Wi-fi receiver for the 360 costs $100 and the HD-DVD drive costs $200 and they are both EXTERNAL. Buying all that will end up costing you $700. The PS3 is $600, but that $600 includes the Wi-fi reciever and the Blu-ray disc player which are built into the system.

Now I know a lot of people don't care about high definition movies or having their games hold 5x more content, which the Blu-ray player allows, and not everyone needs a wireless connection to the internet. Those people can go buy a 360 and shut up about the PS3's price. For those of us who do want all that, we've gone and bought ourselves a PS3.

Note: That while the PS3 does offer free internet service while Microsoft charges $50 a year for Xbox Live, I'm not taking that into the equation because Xbox Live is far better. You get what you pay for, which also goes dually for the difference in 360 and PS3 price points.
There are people who don't care about the 360 though :mrgreen: .
Gravy-Train‽
Full Metal Otaku
Posts: 213
Joined: Oct 11, 2006 1:59pm
Gender: Male

Re: Wii+DS vs. PS3+PSP

Post by Gravy-Train‽ »

Twilight Night Wolf wrote:
There are people who don't care about the 360 though.
Then those people need to get a job so they can go buy a PS3.
"The PS3 will instill discipline in our children. Everyone will know discipline!"~Kutaragi
(Best video game quote ever)

Also note, you can get $100 off a PS3 by trading in your old PS2 to Gamestop or EB.
Ichigo
Full Metal Otaku
Posts: 285
Joined: Dec 30, 2006 10:38pm

Re: Wii+DS vs. PS3+PSP

Post by Ichigo »

Gravy-Train wrote:
Twilight Night Wolf wrote:
There are people who don't care about the 360 though.
Then those people need to get a job so they can go buy a PS3.
"The PS3 will instill discipline in our children. Everyone will know discipline!"~Kutaragi
(Best video game quote ever)

Also note, you can get $100 off a PS3 by trading in your old PS2 to Gamestop or EB.
i didnt know that! screw PS2, im trading it in
Twilight Night Wolf
Uber Otaku
Posts: 581
Joined: Apr 04, 2005 8:07pm
Gender: Male

Re: Wii+DS vs. PS3+PSP

Post by Twilight Night Wolf »

Ichigo wrote:
Gravy-Train wrote:
Twilight Night Wolf wrote:
There are people who don't care about the 360 though.
Then those people need to get a job so they can go buy a PS3.
"The PS3 will instill discipline in our children. Everyone will know discipline!"~Kutaragi
(Best video game quote ever)

Also note, you can get $100 off a PS3 by trading in your old PS2 to Gamestop or EB.
i didnt know that! screw PS2, im trading it in
Nah I'm happy with out either one right now :mrgreen: .
There is no true good, or evil even the best of good intentions can cause negative effects to take place.
Ichigo
Full Metal Otaku
Posts: 285
Joined: Dec 30, 2006 10:38pm

Re: Wii+DS vs. PS3+PSP

Post by Ichigo »

Twilight Night Wolf wrote:
Ichigo wrote:
Gravy-Train wrote:
Twilight Night Wolf wrote:
There are people who don't care about the 360 though.
Then those people need to get a job so they can go buy a PS3.
"The PS3 will instill discipline in our children. Everyone will know discipline!"~Kutaragi
(Best video game quote ever)

Also note, you can get $100 off a PS3 by trading in your old PS2 to Gamestop or EB.
i didnt know that! screw PS2, im trading it in
Nah I'm happy with out either one right now :mrgreen: .
:x
Twilight Night Wolf
Uber Otaku
Posts: 581
Joined: Apr 04, 2005 8:07pm
Gender: Male

Re: Wii+DS vs. PS3+PSP

Post by Twilight Night Wolf »

Ichigo wrote:
Twilight Night Wolf wrote:
Ichigo wrote:
Gravy-Train wrote: Then those people need to get a job so they can go buy a PS3.
"The PS3 will instill discipline in our children. Everyone will know discipline!"~Kutaragi
(Best video game quote ever)

Also note, you can get $100 off a PS3 by trading in your old PS2 to Gamestop or EB.
i didnt know that! screw PS2, im trading it in
Nah I'm happy with out either one right now :mrgreen: .
:x
You must think I'm :crazy: don't you? lol
There is no true good, or evil even the best of good intentions can cause negative effects to take place.
Gravy-Train‽
Full Metal Otaku
Posts: 213
Joined: Oct 11, 2006 1:59pm
Gender: Male

Re: Wii+DS vs. PS3+PSP

Post by Gravy-Train‽ »

Twilight Night Wolf wrote:
You must think I'm :crazy: don't you? lol
There are starving kids in Sudan who have more Playstations than you.
DaSaiyanPrince♄
Absolute Otaku
Posts: 1055
Joined: May 10, 2005 7:31pm

Re: Wii+DS vs. PS3+PSP

Post by DaSaiyanPrince♄ »

Pwned ^ :bounce:
Twilight Night Wolf
Uber Otaku
Posts: 581
Joined: Apr 04, 2005 8:07pm
Gender: Male

Re: Wii+DS vs. PS3+PSP

Post by Twilight Night Wolf »

DaSaiyanPrince wrote:Pwned ^ :bounce:
lol more like a sad attempt all because I rather use $600 on more important things and why starving children in sudan would have more than 1 playstation is beyond me wheather it's true or not.
There is no true good, or evil even the best of good intentions can cause negative effects to take place.
DaSaiyanPrince♄
Absolute Otaku
Posts: 1055
Joined: May 10, 2005 7:31pm

Re: Wii+DS vs. PS3+PSP

Post by DaSaiyanPrince♄ »

Twilight Night Wolf wrote:
DaSaiyanPrince wrote:Pwned ^ :bounce:
lol more like a sad attempt all because I rather use $600 on more important things and why starving children in sudan would have more than 1 playstation is beyond me wheather it's true or not.
And I support you all the way, 600 of my american dollars is beyond what I as a teenager can afford and would rather spend it on 2 wiis than a ps3 to be honest. And my personal definition of "pwn" is somthing that makes me laugh, so sorry if i've offended you in any way :heh:
Locked