Page 2 of 8
Re: Twilight
Posted: Nov 23, 2008 9:14pm
by Sasami Jurai
Zyuuzu Jaggerjack wrote:My bro said the movie sucked something fierce. I myself have yet to see Twilight or read the books so I really have no say so but sheesh man, my bro said the vampires had no weakness, they glittered like fairies, the movie had one fight scene...not sure is that's a spoiler or not. Sorry if it is, but the way he explained it made it seem totally stupid, which I guess isn't the case, right? ^_^
Go watch it. If you haven't read the book series, then that's
awesome 'cause the only reason Twilight (book series) fans hate the movie is they expect the movie to go exactly as the book. People need to recognize the movie as the movie itself and perhaps even disconnect the relationship, in mind, between the movie and the book. This movie is one of the
best movie I've ever seen. People don't see that because they get distracted by certain
standards that they have their mind set for the movie; They love the book series too much to let anything inspired by it (the movie, in this case), to not go exactly as the book's plots and what-not. That's just messed up. Those fans need to learn to really enjoy the movie for itself. Love the movie for what it is and how great of quality the movie possesses, and pretend it has nothing to do with the book while you're watching it.

Re: Twilight
Posted: Nov 24, 2008 4:52am
by Tyche
I've seen some scenes, and for a big-production movie, everything sucks. Edward and Bella acted OK, but what I'v seen for evryone else, they're just in the background. The effects are poor for such a movie.
I'm going to see "Let the Right Ones In" when it comes to the U.S for my vampire fix, kthanx.
Re: Twilight
Posted: Nov 24, 2008 11:25am
by Sasami Jurai
Tyche wrote:I've seen some scenes, and for a big-production movie, everything sucks. Edward and Bella acted OK, but what I'v seen for evryone else, they're just in the background. The effects are poor for such a movie.
I'm going to see "Let the Right Ones In" when it comes to the U.S for my vampire fix, kthanx.
Have you even seen movie? Trust me, I saw the preview/trailer and it was
eh. In your case, I would have to say that the scenes compile into something
awesome overall. I, however, loved every scene. When I saw the movie, I was like
WHOA... AMAZING!!. I don't know how to explain your
eh-whatever for the scenes you've seen. Watch the movie, Sarah-la! It's
really worth it!

It's totally different from what you're expecting. I hope you're like me.. If you're not gonna see it, it's fine. At least
I saw the movie
twice and I really, really enjoyed it. I wanna see it the third time!
Oh, and I thought the selection of the whole cast and everybody's acting were
PERFECT! The effects were good, too. Like I said, you'll have to watch the movie to really know.
Watch the movie and then post your feedback on here!
That is all I have to say to you about it.
Re: Twilight
Posted: Nov 24, 2008 9:13pm
by The Rage
Lol, Sas, calm down, there is still the possibility of someone watching the movie and disassociating it from the books, but still not liking it.
Re: Twilight
Posted: Nov 24, 2008 9:19pm
by Sasami Jurai
Rage wrote:Lol, Sas, calm down, there is still the possibility of someone watching the movie and disassociating it from the books, but still not liking it.
Yeah, I know, and that would be
his or her problem then.
Re: Twilight
Posted: Nov 24, 2008 9:31pm
by Zyuuzu Jaggerjack
Twilight...kids lining themselves up and down the block for the book and movie releases. Reminds me of Harry Potter, heh. I don't really have any plans to read Twilight but the movie might be another story...though glittering vampires seems kinda cheesy, IF they actually did glitter. ^_^
Re: Twilight
Posted: Nov 24, 2008 9:35pm
by Sasami Jurai
Zyuuzu Jaggerjack wrote:Twilight...kids lining themselves up and down the block for the book and movie releases. Reminds me of Harry Potter, heh. I don't really have any plans to read Twilight but the movie might be another story...though glittering vampires seems kinda cheesy, IF they actually did glitter. ^_^
Haha, go watch it and you'll find out.

Re: Twilight
Posted: Nov 24, 2008 9:48pm
by The Rage
I will then!
Re: Twilight
Posted: Nov 24, 2008 9:54pm
by Sasami Jurai
Rage wrote:I will then!
Good!

I'm happy for you.. and for me, too.

Re: Twilight
Posted: Nov 24, 2008 10:17pm
by The Rage
Be happy for
us dummy.

Re: Twilight
Posted: Nov 24, 2008 10:22pm
by Twilight Night Wolf
Might go see not really sure if I will. I do keep hereing it's good.
Re: Twilight
Posted: Nov 24, 2008 10:32pm
by + тнє ѕαιηт +
three friends and I are going to go see it on Saturday, I've heard its a chick flick, that true?
Re: Twilight
Posted: Nov 24, 2008 10:44pm
by Twilight Night Wolf
perpetualsorrowX wrote:three friends and I are going to go see it on Saturday, I've heard its a chick flick, that true?
The book and movie's target auduence are teenage girls, so I guess it is a chick flick since it's vampire romance.
Re: Twilight
Posted: Nov 25, 2008 1:44am
by + тнє ѕαιηт +
meh, what do I care.....I'm not paying for the tickets, so what the heck, free movie =D
Re: Twilight
Posted: Nov 25, 2008 11:07am
by Sasami Jurai
perpetualsorrowX wrote:three friends and I are going to go see it on Saturday, I've heard its a chick flick, that true?
Well, yeah, it's a "chick flick", in a
sense. Not cliche, though. It's worth watching.
Re: Twilight
Posted: Nov 25, 2008 11:42am
by The Rage
Actually it's very cliched, but Kristen Stewart is a likeable heroine, she keeps it from being too corny.