Page 2 of 3

Re: poll: 2016 Olympics

Posted: Mar 02, 2009 12:52pm
by Pennyroyal Tea
Anywhere but Japan. Because... ew.

Re: poll: 2016 Olympics

Posted: Mar 02, 2009 12:54pm
by Dretlin
The Joker wrote: Anywhere but Japan. Because... ew.
How could you say that? This is simply outrageous. Never, ever start a sentence with "because".

Re: poll: 2016 Olympics

Posted: Mar 02, 2009 1:24pm
by Mik3
Nyx wrote:
Mik3 wrote:Id like to see it in Chi Town, since I would have a good chance to actually go
You could come sleep on my couch. :)
Sounds like a plan

Filitz wrote:I say anywhere BUT Chicago. :x Hate tourists.
Ready or not, here I come

Re: poll: 2016 Olympics

Posted: Mar 03, 2009 5:59am
by josh :)
+:D.Ř.Ę.Ŧ.Ļ.Ĭ .N:+ wrote:
The Joker wrote: Anywhere but Japan. Because... ew.
How could you say that? This is simply outrageous. Never, ever start a sentence with "because".
nips

Re: poll: 2016 Olympics

Posted: Mar 03, 2009 7:07am
by Taylor_Chan
Filitz wrote:I say anywhere BUT Chicago. :x Hate tourists.
Same here...

Re: poll: 2016 Olympics

Posted: Mar 03, 2009 8:43am
by josh :)
tokyo blows


is chicago a nice place to live

Re: poll: 2016 Olympics

Posted: Mar 03, 2009 10:09am
by Nyx
Filitz wrote:I say anywhere BUT Chicago. :x Hate tourists.
But I all ready opened up my couch to tourists. :P

Re: poll: 2016 Olympics

Posted: Mar 03, 2009 1:33pm
by Mik3
Nyx wrote:
Filitz wrote:I say anywhere BUT Chicago. :x Hate tourists.
But I all ready opened up my couch to tourists. :P
Hey, im not sharing with others, that is MY couch that summer,

Re: poll: 2016 Olympics

Posted: Mar 04, 2009 1:48pm
by Nyx
Mik3 wrote:
Nyx wrote:
Filitz wrote:I say anywhere BUT Chicago. :x Hate tourists.
But I all ready opened up my couch to tourists. :P
Hey, im not sharing with others, that is MY couch that summer,
You're a tourist, and I occasionally get that couch when I can't be bothered to drag my ass upstairs.

Re: poll: 2016 Olympics

Posted: Mar 04, 2009 5:16pm
by Yuki~
josh wrote:They would be able to provide adequate security...
They would be able to provide adequate security only if they put the army on the streets. just like they did on Pan Americano last year (was it last year? or 2007?)
Aoi Sakuraba wrote:Not really, I mean there was what like 20 tourists murdered during the Beijing Olympics. If a city is overly violent then it would imitate the deaths of Beijing or maybe even worse.
Trust me- it can be worse than that. =P~

*yeah, I do hate my country.*

Re: poll: 2016 Olympics

Posted: Mar 04, 2009 5:18pm
by Yuki~
josh wrote:They would be able to provide adequate security...
They would be able to provide adequate security only if they put the army on the streets. just like they did on Pan Americano last year (was it last year? or 2007?)
Aoi Sakuraba wrote:Not really, I mean there was what like 20 tourists murdered during the Beijing Olympics. If a city is overly violent then it would imitate the deaths of Beijing or maybe even worse.
Trust me- it can be worse than that. =PPP

*yeah, I do hate my country.*

Re: poll: 2016 Olympics

Posted: Mar 05, 2009 8:11am
by josh :)
nah ur an idiot check these statistics of city homicide out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RL_kS8-l3g

Re: poll: 2016 Olympics

Posted: Mar 18, 2009 2:47am
by Hardcore
I think they should be in a different US City.

Re: poll: 2016 Olympics

Posted: Oct 03, 2009 4:32pm
by Yuki~
Did you watch the..elimination??
Rio won..

I don't know if I'm happy with that.. but I think its cool that 2014' Cup will be done here and then the 2016 olympic.

=)

Re: poll: 2016 Olympics

Posted: Oct 04, 2009 4:20am
by Dretlin
Yuki wrote:Did you watch the..elimination??
Rio won..

I don't know if I'm happy with that.. but I think its cool that 2014' Cup will be done here and then the 2016 olympic.

=)
I am pleased to see a South American nation is finally hosting the games.

Re: poll: 2016 Olympics

Posted: Oct 04, 2009 5:12am
by Athos
I honestly don't care who gets to host. I'm curious to see which nationality turns out the most. If it's Europa, then I'd say host it in Chicago because of the exchange rate. But now that I've seen the exchange rate between the BRL and the USD, Chicagoans shouldn't complain. If they want to go watch the Olympics (or anyone else in the U.S) it's not too expensive to fly to Rio de Janeiro to watch. And from the pictures I've seen at work, its a gorgeous city. How awesome would it be to see the Christ the Redeemer statute.

Maybe that is what is wrong with Chicagoans. They need to get out of the country and let the sun shine in!