Page 1 of 3

Absolute Anime Contest

Posted: Jan 13, 2005 4:11pm
by webmaster
Okay, I have some DVD's to give away, so I figure it's time to try a contest. I was thinking of a banner design contest.

Banners should be either 460x60 (standard) or 88x31 (mini), and need to be in either GIF, JPEG, or PNG format. Send them via email (which can be found at http://www.AbsoluteAnime.com/admin/contact.htm in case you don't know) and put "contest" in the subject. The contest will end sometime around Friday of next week (Jan 21). I will post an announcement here when it's officially over. Until then, send in as many banners as you like.

The DVD's I have to give away are from Asia Extreme, one is "Phone" and the other is "Doppelganger". You can read below for more info about each one. I just got them myself and will be posting reviews shortly.

And now for the legal stuff. Let's see... all entries become the property of Absolute Anime... the DVD's are rated R, so if you are under 17 you will need to have a parent or guardian claim it for you... that's all the legal stuff I can think of. Hopefully I covered everything, but if I missed something I'm sure you'll let me know... you all seem to be pretty good at that :).

Doppelganger is from acclaimed director Kiyoshi Kurosawa, who has established himself as one of the top-five international Japanese directors. His new film, Bright Future, opened Nov. 12 to rapturous acclaim from New York film critics. In the U.S., Kurosawa is best known for Cure and Seance. However, many consider Doppelganger, the opening night film of the Pusan Film Festival in 2003, his finest work.

In Phone, investigative reporter Ji-won, who has recently published a controversial article about sex scandals, begins to receive a series of menacing calls. In an effort to escape the terrifying and relentless clanging of the telephone, she changes her number and moves to a new house. But the threatening campaign of terror continues unabated ... the jangling of the phone fraying nerves and disrupting lives. When a friend's young daughter answers one of the calls, she begins to exhibit increasingly bizarre and abhorrent behavior as more and more people begin to die mysteriously. Ji-won struggles desperately to unravel the mystery to bring this cycle of death to an end.

re: Absolute Anime Contest

Posted: Jan 13, 2005 5:43pm
by Ender
Dangit anime_webmaster if you need to give stuff away, I would have gladly accepted the arduous task. Now i have to go through the troublesome task of making an excellent banner.

re: Absolute Anime Contest

Posted: Jan 14, 2005 8:01am
by Blue-eyed Valon 2485
Me to young :cry: :cry:

re: Absolute Anime Contest

Posted: Jan 14, 2005 8:12am
by Simaru
i accept your challange :twisted: but i still don't get your "banner" thing :?

re: Absolute Anime Contest

Posted: Jan 14, 2005 8:13am
by Simaru
:D hey do you all like my new picture? :mrgreen:

re: Absolute Anime Contest

Posted: Jan 15, 2005 12:36am
by noodles87
I would have gladly accepted this challenge, but unfortunately i would be attending the 2005 Presidential Inaugration next week, with preping.

re: Absolute Anime Contest

Posted: Jan 15, 2005 12:44am
by Blue-eyed Valon 2485
What is it

re: Absolute Anime Contest

Posted: Jan 15, 2005 12:54am
by ericdbz
i'M IN! OH yeah

re: Absolute Anime Contest

Posted: Jan 15, 2005 12:58am
by Blue-eyed Valon 2485
:cry: :cry: :( :cry:

re: Absolute Anime Contest

Posted: Jan 15, 2005 9:34am
by Hugh
I'm too young and the DVD's will probably be NTSC (US) region so I cannot watch them...

re: Absolute Anime Contest

Posted: Jan 15, 2005 9:57am
by Blue-eyed Valon 2485
We're in a group then

re: Absolute Anime Contest

Posted: Jan 15, 2005 4:04pm
by Ender
Hurray for secular contests, USA ppl only.

re: Absolute Anime Contest

Posted: Jan 16, 2005 12:03am
by Blue-eyed Valon 2485
:evil: :evil:

re: Absolute Anime Contest

Posted: Jan 16, 2005 3:54pm
by Naraku
Not to judge or anything but i don't want to take a chance when this could be a scam. i mean, free dvd's? you see many pop-up ads already

Re: re: Absolute Anime Contest

Posted: Jan 18, 2005 9:35am
by demon among angels
Neji wrote:Hurray for secular contests, USA ppl only.
why only US people, Neji?

re: Absolute Anime Contest

Posted: Jan 18, 2005 10:38am
by Blue-eyed Valon 2485
:cry: :cry: :(