Page 1 of 1

Does it ever seem...

Posted: Mar 25, 2006 2:11pm
by Captain Corkscrew
I was leafing threw an old issue of my AP magazine. I came across a very interesting article that got me thinking. Do you poeple ever find Emo music sexist? I do listen to Emo music here and there, and it does seem rather sexist to me anyways. Most songs are about girls breaking guys hearts, but where are the girls talking about how guys walked all over their hearts? What is your view on Emo, do you think it's sexist?

Re: Does it ever seem...

Posted: Mar 25, 2006 2:19pm
by Nanashi
Yes I do find it sexist in the sense that they all follow the same pattern: She cut my heart out with a rusted knife shot me through to my soul. All that stuff, very rarely do you here any women sing emo, or from a woman's perspective atleast. Peace out :color:

Re: Does it ever seem...

Posted: Mar 25, 2006 8:43pm
by rotten.head.

There has to be some sexist into emo music. The fact that both genders talk about the opposite sex, and how each make their lives miserable. They can really cut down with that crap, and write something a little more unique.

I also have to bring up that emo people write too much stuff about slicing their wrists.. something to do with blood, and attemptiong suicide. That only influences people and depresses others. I guess it really shouldn't be a mystery why there has been multiple deaths of suicide in the US.