Page 1 of 2
What Do You Look for in Music?
Posted: Jun 13, 2006 8:29pm
by Slash
What is the deciding factor on what makes your favorite type of music? Is it the lyrical content, vocals, riffs, rythm, intensity, emotions, etc.?
For me, I'd have to say the thing I look for most in songs is the guitar riffs and a good, distinct rythm. Nothing rocks harder than songs with heavy riffs and pitch shifts (Try and say that 3 times fast).
Re: What Do You Look for in Music?
Posted: Jun 14, 2006 12:57am
by Ethereal Blaze
if i hear a song, and i like it, i like it. simple as.
Re: What Do You Look for in Music?
Posted: Jun 15, 2006 11:44am
by Yodama Man
as long as it's not rap or intense country i;m fine
Re: What Do You Look for in Music?
Posted: Jun 16, 2006 10:40am
by Nanashi
I like pretty much everything with a few exceptions, heck I've even started liking stuff like Three Days Grace Slipknot and Rob Zombie. Odd for a hippie I know but some of it's good. I like pretty much everything even some country like Johnny Cash. I guess it depends on my mood, or maybe just as Rikoku said if I hear a song and I like it, I like it. Peace out

Re: What Do You Look for in Music?
Posted: Jun 16, 2006 12:08pm
by Slash
Heh, I guess I'm the only one that goes that deep into music to actually listen for such detailed things. Of course if you hear a song and like it, you like it. But usually theres a reason behind it. I mean besides the obvious reason that it's good music.

Re: What Do You Look for in Music?
Posted: Jun 16, 2006 12:57pm
by Captain Jack Sparrow
Relaxation

Re: What Do You Look for in Music?
Posted: Jun 16, 2006 1:03pm
by Sliced Bread #2
.
Re: What Do You Look for in Music?
Posted: Jun 16, 2006 1:09pm
by Captain Jack Sparrow
Kool

Re: What Do You Look for in Music?
Posted: Jun 17, 2006 3:27am
by josh
Melody.
Re: What Do You Look for in Music?
Posted: Jun 17, 2006 9:15am
by Hobo_13
Any rock or metal. Ya know with the face melting guitar solos and the kick ass drum solos! YEAH!

Re: What Do You Look for in Music?
Posted: Jun 17, 2006 6:53pm
by Raoul Duke
Melody, and Rhythym. Red Hot Chili Peppers make me eargasm with rhythym.
Re: What Do You Look for in Music?
Posted: Jun 17, 2006 7:34pm
by Slash
RHCP can carry a pretty mean beat. Am a little dissappointed with their new song 'California' though. But at the risk of being flamed to death I'll say it still holds the original sound that RHCP have been known for.
Re: What Do You Look for in Music?
Posted: Jun 17, 2006 8:51pm
by Hobo_13
Eh...that song alright...it gets stuck in my head and it drives me crazy!!!

Re: What Do You Look for in Music?
Posted: Jun 17, 2006 10:01pm
by OniKira
I'm really into lyrical content. However, lyrics aren't what do it for me perfectly. If there's a song with excellent lyrics, which are thought provoking, with a nice beat, a beat that drives me to certain emotions, then I'm pleased. Such bands that do this: Hot Hot Heat, the Killers, the Strokes, Weezer, Beck, uh..many more, cant think rite now tho.
Re: What Do You Look for in Music?
Posted: Jun 17, 2006 10:22pm
by OniKira
add Arctic Monkeys, Taking Back Sunday, Franz Ferdinand, and Interpol to that list
Re: What Do You Look for in Music?
Posted: Jun 17, 2006 10:40pm
by Angel of Music
I like to look for lyrical content, a good beat, and as long as it's not rap or really hard rock. Country or soft rock or classical does it for me. I also like a couple soundtracks as well. I'm looking for Footloose at the moment.
