Page 1 of 2

Mortal Kombat vs. Street Fighter

Posted: Dec 25, 2006 12:24pm
by Gorby
Which universe would win in a fight?

Re: Mortal Kombat vs. Street Fighter

Posted: Dec 25, 2006 1:26pm
by Gyro Zeppeli
In tournament: Mortal Kombat by a narrow margin

Outside of tournament: Mortal Kombat in a MASSIVE landslide

Re: Mortal Kombat vs. Street Fighter

Posted: Dec 25, 2006 2:11pm
by DJ ÑÎÑJÅ
Street Fighter, DEFINATLY. Ryu would freakin own Liu-Kang. I am more of a fan of SF than MK, but I just honestly think SF has more powerful characters...AND is an all in all better game series IMO.

Re: Mortal Kombat vs. Street Fighter

Posted: Dec 25, 2006 7:45pm
by Kuragari
I say Mortal Kombat, Ive played that for longer.

Re: Mortal Kombat vs. Street Fighter

Posted: Dec 26, 2006 12:14am
by animaniac
oooooo that is a good question........ i love street fighter... but im gonna go for mortal kombat becasue like kura i've played it longer and the moves own! plus i rule that game :mrgreen: :heh:

Re: Mortal Kombat vs. Street Fighter

Posted: Dec 26, 2006 12:57am
by Pink Supervisor|EL
hmmm there are more MK games than SF... plus... MK get blood and gore ^_^

i have to say MK

Re: Mortal Kombat vs. Street Fighter

Posted: Dec 26, 2006 2:35am
by Yuri Volte Hyuga
In game or outside of the game? If it was inside the game, the amount of cheapness the 2D MKs have got would destroy Street Fighter. Outside of the game, it would be hard to say. I'd be inclined to say SF would win because all it'd take is Gill and Akuma to jump out and destroy everyone, but even then I'm not sure.

Re: Mortal Kombat vs. Street Fighter

Posted: Dec 26, 2006 7:41am
by Gyro Zeppeli
Yuri Volte Hyuga wrote:In game or outside of the game? If it was inside the game, the amount of cheapness the 2D MKs have got would destroy Street Fighter. Outside of the game, it would be hard to say. I'd be inclined to say SF would win because all it'd take is Gill and Akuma to jump out and destroy everyone, but even then I'm not sure.
And outside the tournament, Johnny Cage knocked Goro's head off with 1 kick: replace Goro with Gill or Akuma. Lets not forget Smoke, who can destroy the planet. Plus, the elder gods would obliterate SF, Shinnock can kill a guy by looking at them and he defeated Lucifer, and Raiden is lightning incarnate. And Scorpion is even stronger than them after going from hell and back so many times. He got thrown into a soulnado and survived, with his bare hands he pierced the Dragon King's body which wasnt even scratched by a nuclear explosion or a point blank blast created by an elder god and 2 god-level sorcerers. Maybe Gill or Akuma can take MK's weakest char but there's still low-tiers from MK that can hand them thier asses (ex. Johnny Cage).

Simply put, here is MK in terms of power:
http://send-ice-cream.com/images/newlog ... limage.jpg

Here is SF:
http://i.xanga.com/HareVah/IMG_0929.jpg

Re: Mortal Kombat vs. Street Fighter

Posted: Dec 26, 2006 9:52am
by Gaming Goddess
I'm going to say Street Fighter, beacuse the lastest MK games have kinda sucked.

Re: Mortal Kombat vs. Street Fighter

Posted: Dec 26, 2006 9:58am
by Gyro Zeppeli
Gaming Goddess wrote:I'm going to say Street Fighter, beacuse the lastest MK games have kinda sucked.
Doesnt change the fact that MK rapes SF horribly in a fight. Besides I dont see whats wrong with them

Re: Mortal Kombat vs. Street Fighter

Posted: Dec 26, 2006 10:43am
by Gaming Goddess
Kazuma the Shell Bullet wrote:
Gaming Goddess wrote:I'm going to say Street Fighter, beacuse the lastest MK games have kinda sucked.
Doesnt change the fact that MK rapes SF horribly in a fight. Besides I dont see whats wrong with them
MK's ultra violence is so tame now. It's booooooooring

Re: Mortal Kombat vs. Street Fighter

Posted: Dec 26, 2006 11:01am
by Gyro Zeppeli
Gaming Goddess wrote:
Kazuma the Shell Bullet wrote:
Gaming Goddess wrote:I'm going to say Street Fighter, beacuse the lastest MK games have kinda sucked.
Doesnt change the fact that MK rapes SF horribly in a fight. Besides I dont see whats wrong with them
MK's ultra violence is so tame now. It's booooooooring
Hey that's the ultra violence my brother and I grew up with (played MK 1 and 2 since I was 6), besides, violence is always fun

Re: Mortal Kombat vs. Street Fighter

Posted: Dec 26, 2006 11:06am
by Gaming Goddess
Okay, yeah violence is always fun. XD

Re: Mortal Kombat vs. Street Fighter

Posted: Dec 26, 2006 1:09pm
by Yuri Volte Hyuga
Kazuma the Shell Bullet wrote:
Yuri Volte Hyuga wrote:In game or outside of the game? If it was inside the game, the amount of cheapness the 2D MKs have got would destroy Street Fighter. Outside of the game, it would be hard to say. I'd be inclined to say SF would win because all it'd take is Gill and Akuma to jump out and destroy everyone, but even then I'm not sure.
And outside the tournament, Johnny Cage knocked Goro's head off with 1 kick: replace Goro with Gill or Akuma. Lets not forget Smoke, who can destroy the planet. Plus, the elder gods would obliterate SF, Shinnock can kill a guy by looking at them and he defeated Lucifer, and Raiden is lightning incarnate. And Scorpion is even stronger than them after going from hell and back so many times. He got thrown into a soulnado and survived, with his bare hands he pierced the Dragon King's body which wasnt even scratched by a nuclear explosion or a point blank blast created by an elder god and 2 god-level sorcerers. Maybe Gill or Akuma can take MK's weakest char but there's still low-tiers from MK that can hand them thier asses (ex. Johnny Cage).

Simply put, here is MK in terms of power:
http://send-ice-cream.com/images/newlog ... limage.jpg

Here is SF:
http://i.xanga.com/HareVah/IMG_0929.jpg
First off, I really don't believe Smoke's ending was even canon. Secondly, Goro was defeated by Liu Kang, and not Johnny Cage. Do you really think Cage could even touch the likes of Gill, who's a demi god who can resurrect himself, and has the powers of ice and fire in the plam of his hands?

As for Onaga and Shinnok I'll look into that but apart from that I can pretty much agree with a lot of what you said.

(BTW, I'm not a SF fanboy, I play both games and like them equally.)

Re: Mortal Kombat vs. Street Fighter

Posted: Dec 26, 2006 1:40pm
by Gyro Zeppeli
Yuri Volte Hyuga wrote:
Kazuma the Shell Bullet wrote:
Yuri Volte Hyuga wrote:In game or outside of the game? If it was inside the game, the amount of cheapness the 2D MKs have got would destroy Street Fighter. Outside of the game, it would be hard to say. I'd be inclined to say SF would win because all it'd take is Gill and Akuma to jump out and destroy everyone, but even then I'm not sure.
And outside the tournament, Johnny Cage knocked Goro's head off with 1 kick: replace Goro with Gill or Akuma. Lets not forget Smoke, who can destroy the planet. Plus, the elder gods would obliterate SF, Shinnock can kill a guy by looking at them and he defeated Lucifer, and Raiden is lightning incarnate. And Scorpion is even stronger than them after going from hell and back so many times. He got thrown into a soulnado and survived, with his bare hands he pierced the Dragon King's body which wasnt even scratched by a nuclear explosion or a point blank blast created by an elder god and 2 god-level sorcerers. Maybe Gill or Akuma can take MK's weakest char but there's still low-tiers from MK that can hand them thier asses (ex. Johnny Cage).

Simply put, here is MK in terms of power:
http://send-ice-cream.com/images/newlog ... limage.jpg

Here is SF:
http://i.xanga.com/HareVah/IMG_0929.jpg
First off, I really don't believe Smoke's ending was even canon. Secondly, Goro was defeated by Liu Kang, and not Johnny Cage. Do you really think Cage could even touch the likes of Gill, who's a demi god who can resurrect himself, and has the powers of ice and fire in the plam of his hands?

As for Onaga and Shinnok I'll look into that but apart from that I can pretty much agree with a lot of what you said.

(BTW, I'm not a SF fanboy, I play both games and like them equally.)
Yes, Smoke is cannon. Either way Liu Kang would still rape Ken, Gill, or Akuma. MK has true gods, not just demi gods, I cant see Gill defeating Shinnock or Raiden, and the gods are downright weak compared to Dragon King (lord of outworld and all realms absorbed into it) or Scorpion (true immortal and the strongest being in hell, even above Shinnock). As for Shinnock's feats, its 3 of the endings for MK4

Reptile- Reptile speaks with Quan Chi, gets pissed and Quan Chi turns out to be Shinnok. "I could kill you with a mere thought." He does that too. Reptile goes boom.

Tanya- Liu Kang is led into a trap. Refusing to bow down before Shinnok, he launches himself at the floating form of the Fallen Elder God and he goes boom as well.

Shinnock- Levitating a defeated Raiden, he gloats and then hits him with some energy and Raiden blows up.

Re: Mortal Kombat vs. Street Fighter

Posted: Dec 26, 2006 3:33pm
by Yuri Volte Hyuga
I really, really doubt Liu Kang could ever hold a candle to Gill. In fact, he probably couldn't even beat Akuma, and I'd also dare to say he couldn't beat Ken. First off, like I said before, Gill can resurrect himself. Second of all, Gill can rain meteorites of fire and ice upon Liu Kang, or simply eradicate him with holy light.(if you've seen Gill's super arts, you'll know what I mean.) Liu Kang's just an ordinary being and despite him being a champion, he still couldn't touch Gill.

Even though Shinnok didn't win the MK4 tournament, seeing as he's the villain and the heroes always win in the end, rendering those endings basically "what ifs", I can pretty much agree with everything you said there(except for Smoke; seems dubious), so I'll leave it at that and won't debate this further.