Page 1 of 2

suggestion

Posted: Apr 05, 2007 3:55pm
by animaniac
new layout... AA needs some sprucing up i reckon.. it looks too boring compared to other forums

Re: suggestion

Posted: Apr 05, 2007 4:00pm
by Battousai The Manslayer
Being allowed to have a banner in our signatures would be nice. :-" Just one. That's it.

I do agree with you ani; AA could use some new colors but the layout of the forums should stay the same. I have yet to see any forum as organized as this one. This forum's layout makes it easy to find what you're looking for.

Re: suggestion

Posted: Apr 05, 2007 4:15pm
by animaniac
oh yeh thats what i mean.. it just needs something extra... like you said.. new colours

Re: suggestion

Posted: Apr 05, 2007 4:44pm
by DJ ÑÎÑJÅ
Agreed...these colors are gettin old...I love the lay-out, but some new colors etc. would be nice.

Re: suggestion

Posted: Apr 07, 2007 10:44am
by webmaster
TheRULE wrote:Agreed...these colors are gettin old...I love the lay-out, but some new colors etc. would be nice.
You can change the colors here: http://www.absoluteanime.com/admin/config.htm

Re: suggestion

Posted: Apr 07, 2007 10:54am
by Commander Sparx
I didn't notice that. i'm going to have a look.

Re: suggestion

Posted: Apr 08, 2007 1:32am
by animaniac
yeh also picture sigs would be cool

Re: suggestion

Posted: Apr 08, 2007 2:04am
by Cold Revolver
animaniac wrote:yeh also picture sigs would be cool
Trust me, since the dawn of AA users have been asking Ken for this, he will never agree on it though lol. There are reasons for this, good ones.

Re: suggestion

Posted: Apr 08, 2007 2:19am
by Commander Sparx
I'm assuring he will tell us for the 100 the time LOL.

Re: suggestion

Posted: Apr 08, 2007 6:09am
by Cloud Leonhart
Byakuya_101 wrote:
animaniac wrote:yeh also picture sigs would be cool
Trust me, since the dawn of AA users have been asking Ken for this, he will never agree on it though lol. There are reasons for this, good ones.
You mean like how the way you'll have to scroll down a mile just to get to the bottom of a page? :heh:

Re: suggestion

Posted: Apr 08, 2007 7:17am
by animaniac
ahhhh yes but i mean he can put a limit on the size of the sigs of course so it doesn't take a billion years... and can't you turn sigs on and off from showing on the page so everyones happy? or did i just make that up lol.. because i mean since u can do that with colour formats and stuff

Re: suggestion

Posted: Apr 08, 2007 11:48am
by webmaster
You can choose to not have your signature attached, but you can choose whether or not you want to see other people's signatures. I hate those big pictures people put in their signatures. I could restrict the dimensions, but then I would need to either have PHP get the image information so I could scale it properly (which takes extra time and can slow down the page loading, especially if the URL is incorrect), or I would need to just restrict the size without worrying about keeping the correct aspect ratio, which could then cause the images (and thus my site) to look crappy. Either way, it would require adding code, which I don't really want to do.

Also, we would then have to police the images to make sure nobody posts inappropriate ones. Some people would do it on purpose, but others will just link to an image that isn't theirs, and when the owner finds out they could change the image to something obscene (this happens often). Then what do we do when we come across one? A moderator would have to report it to me, and then it would still be there until I finally check my messages (which could be days). Then I have to edit the person's signature to remove the image link, and then do some kind of punishment like suspension or something. Was it their fault or not their fault? Did they do it on purpose or are they just ignorant? Should I even distinguish?

I have a hard enough time keeping up with everything without having to worry about all that.

Re: suggestion

Posted: Apr 08, 2007 12:03pm
by Cold Revolver
webmaster wrote:You can choose to not have your signature attached, but you can choose whether or not you want to see other people's signatures. I hate those big pictures people put in their signatures. I could restrict the dimensions, but then I would need to either have PHP get the image information so I could scale it properly (which takes extra time and can slow down the page loading, especially if the URL is incorrect), or I would need to just restrict the size without worrying about keeping the correct aspect ratio, which could then cause the images (and thus my site) to look crappy. Either way, it would require adding code, which I don't really want to do.

Also, we would then have to police the images to make sure nobody posts inappropriate ones. Some people would do it on purpose, but others will just link to an image that isn't theirs, and when the owner finds out they could change the image to something obscene (this happens often). Then what do we do when we come across one? A moderator would have to report it to me, and then it would still be there until I finally check my messages (which could be days). Then I have to edit the person's signature to remove the image link, and then do some kind of punishment like suspension or something. Was it their fault or not their fault? Did they do it on purpose or are they just ignorant? Should I even distinguish?

I have a hard enough time keeping up with everything without having to worry about all that.

I hope this is the last time you have to explain this, you should create a sticky so new users would know why we do not have signatures, so users will stop asking this question every other month.

Re: suggestion

Posted: Apr 08, 2007 12:13pm
by webmaster
Yeah but I already have so many stickies. I just need to create an alternate FAQ to answer all these questions.

Re: suggestion

Posted: Apr 08, 2007 12:31pm
by Commander Sparx
I looks like you have a hard job webmaster:(

Re: suggestion

Posted: Apr 16, 2007 11:49pm
by josh :)
gosh, imagine what WAKAIs signature would be :|

signtures suck :)