Page 1 of 3
Changing Usernames.
Posted: Jul 16, 2007 1:30am
by Bambi
Question: How can some users change their username twice or more on the same day? I've noticed some users can change their username whenever they please. I remember Mai changing her name 3 times a day.
.
Re: Changing Usernames.
Posted: Jul 16, 2007 10:59am
by webmaster
I know some people found a way around it, but since phpbb3 will be coming out very soon I didn't think it was worth going back and making the username change thing more secure. I figure I'll just fix it for phpbb3.
Re: Changing Usernames.
Posted: Jul 16, 2007 12:09pm
by Yodama Man
I'm not allowed to change my name anymore cause I was the first to find out how to change it...And I probably kinda abused that...Oh well. And don't worry Ken. I don't tell anyone else how to.
Re: Changing Usernames.
Posted: Jul 16, 2007 5:03pm
by Mai
Re: Changing Usernames.
Posted: Jul 17, 2007 10:23am
by MC ACE
It's not that hard, but it is kinda stupid..(Mai) There's no point in it. Pick a name, stick with it for a while, if you don't like it, change it. There's no need to change your name every 10 minutes. I don't even see why the hell you give a crap, Bambi.

There's a reason why there is a 'one week limit' on name changing, and finding a way around it is actually against the rules, in that aspect.
Re: Changing Usernames.
Posted: Jul 26, 2007 8:31am
by Yodama Man
There should be a rule about coming back to this site after being banned as many times as you have.
Re: Changing Usernames.
Posted: Jul 26, 2007 2:31pm
by Vash
Yodama Man wrote:There should be a rule about coming back to this site after being banned as many times as you have.
My thoughts exactly. I second that.
Re: Changing Usernames.
Posted: Jul 27, 2007 6:37am
by Kuragari
Vash wrote:Yodama Man wrote:There should be a rule about coming back to this site after being banned as many times as you have.
My thoughts exactly. I second that.
Nyah, I'm with you two on that one.
Re: Changing Usernames.
Posted: Jul 27, 2007 9:47am
by Pink Supervisor|EL
Kuragari wrote:Vash wrote:Yodama Man wrote:There should be a rule about coming back to this site after being banned as many times as you have.
My thoughts exactly. I second that.
Nyah, I'm with you two on that one.
how about banning his IP, so he doesn't come back... but then we can hold a user trial ^_^...then again that's way to complex...
just let him do what he pleases and ban him again if he does anything stupid again
Re: Changing Usernames.
Posted: Jul 27, 2007 10:18am
by Master InuYasha
Good Idea
Re: Changing Usernames.
Posted: Jul 27, 2007 5:34pm
by Cody-kins
its simple to change your name allot
[edited by Yodama man, we don't need others knowing this thank you very much]
just thought i wanna share it with my fellows alcoholic anonymous members
Alcoholic
Anonymous
heh AA members are drunks

Re: Changing Usernames.
Posted: Jul 27, 2007 9:41pm
by Yodama Man
Fū-Jutsushi|EL wrote:Kuragari wrote:Vash wrote:Yodama Man wrote:There should be a rule about coming back to this site after being banned as many times as you have.
My thoughts exactly. I second that.
Nyah, I'm with you two on that one.
how about banning his IP, so he doesn't come back... but then we can hold a user trial ^_^...then again that's way to complex...
But don't you know. He left aa allready, he only comes back every day to "check up on us every so often" I know what your thinking. "normal members arn't on AA as much as he checks up on us" right? but it's different cause he says he's "only on for a few minutes at a time". So you see. he is hardly on anyway. Just to come in, check up on us and post daily his thoughts and ideas. </sarcasm> Seriously though. I say IP ban him.
Re: Changing Usernames.
Posted: Jul 27, 2007 11:19pm
by Cody-kins
Cody-Kins wrote:
[edited by Yodama man, we don't need others knowing this thank you very much]
hey woah...thas not right I was not officially breaking a rule!!
Re: Changing Usernames.
Posted: Jul 28, 2007 7:36am
by Yodama Man
Like I said. I don't think ken wants everyone on AA changeing their names 40 times a day. It will slow down the machine and he will just have to make it so no one can change their names at all. It's not like your in trouble or nothing. I'm just thinking ahead.
Re: Changing Usernames.
Posted: Jul 28, 2007 10:13am
by Mai
MC ACE wrote:It's not that hard, but it is kinda stupid..(Mai) There's no point in it. Pick a name, stick with it for a while, if you don't like it, change it. There's no need to change your name every 10 minutes. I don't even see why the hell you give a crap, Bambi.

There's a reason why there is a 'one week limit' on name changing, and finding a way around it is actually against the rules, in that aspect.
oh but you know all about being against the rules, in certain aspects, dontcha'?
i say we all have the name Mai.
sounds hot.
Re: Changing Usernames.
Posted: Jul 29, 2007 1:08pm
by MC
hahahaha, of course, you know I'm right so you change around to me, dontcha? Pathetic, really.
And no, Mai sounds like the name of a prostitute.