Forum is closed. New registrations are disabled. Join our active Discord community.

Very big advertisment at the top of our forum

Talk about the website, offer suggestions, express opinions, and get help with understanding and using the forums.
Locked
Chrono Paladin
Absolute Otaku
Posts: 2580
Joined: May 06, 2006 8:04am
Gender: Male

Very big advertisment at the top of our forum

Post by Chrono Paladin »

Now what's troubling me is that the advertisment banner size has turned too big and it ruins the forum for me. I like it when banner ads are long-width and short height but not short width and long height. Isn't there a way to prevent this?

EDIT: Sorry, these are what I meant to say because I'm an idiot. #-o
Last edited by Chrono Paladin on Jul 22, 2007 2:10pm, edited 1 time in total.
R.I.P. Steven Irwin, V-Tech, Heath Ledger, George Carlin, Bernie Mac, Isaac Hayes, Michael Jackson, Billy Mays, Taco Bell dog, Brittany Murphy, Garry Coleman, Ronnie James Dio and Toonami (although at least it reincarnated as Toonzai!)
Ignited
Help Haiti!
Cloud Leonhart
Absolute Mega-Insane Otaku
Posts: 11905
Joined: Jun 06, 2006 9:09am
Gender: Male

Re: Very big advertisment at the top of our forum

Post by Cloud Leonhart »

I got Adblock Plus on Firefox, so I've never had this problem. :heh:
User avatar
Master InuYasha
Absolute Otaku
Posts: 3195
Joined: Mar 01, 2007 6:51pm

Re: Very big advertisment at the top of our forum

Post by Master InuYasha »

Same here
Spetsnaz
Absolute Otaku
Posts: 2251
Joined: Sep 15, 2005 1:46pm

Re: Very big advertisment at the top of our forum

Post by Spetsnaz »

and here
I loves meh Bambi
HOT! handle with care

Everyone has an enemy. It's why God gave us baseball bats. Well, He gave us trees, but we knew what He meant.
User avatar
Master InuYasha
Absolute Otaku
Posts: 3195
Joined: Mar 01, 2007 6:51pm

Re: Very big advertisment at the top of our forum

Post by Master InuYasha »

lol
User avatar
webmaster
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1103
Joined: Jul 24, 2004 10:25pm
Gender: Male
Contact:

Re: Very big advertisment at the top of our forum

Post by webmaster »

Crime-Chang wrote:Now what's troubling me is that the advertisment banner size has turned too big and it ruins the forum for me. I like it when banner ads are short-width and long length but not long width and long length. Isn't there a way to prevent this?
You mean the ad on this site has become taller? Can you get me a screenshot of this? I only see the same height it's always been.
Chrono Paladin
Absolute Otaku
Posts: 2580
Joined: May 06, 2006 8:04am
Gender: Male

Re: Very big advertisment at the top of our forum

Post by Chrono Paladin »

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f277/ ... tled-2.png

This is what's causing the box on the top to be too long. Long-height advertisment. IS there any way to bring back advertisment with long width and short height?
R.I.P. Steven Irwin, V-Tech, Heath Ledger, George Carlin, Bernie Mac, Isaac Hayes, Michael Jackson, Billy Mays, Taco Bell dog, Brittany Murphy, Garry Coleman, Ronnie James Dio and Toonami (although at least it reincarnated as Toonzai!)
Ignited
Help Haiti!
User avatar
webmaster
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1103
Joined: Jul 24, 2004 10:25pm
Gender: Male
Contact:

Re: Very big advertisment at the top of our forum

Post by webmaster »

That type of ad should never show up, so because it did that can only mean it's a mistake on the ad company's server. I've modified some CSS so that it shouldn't stretch the ad area even if that ad type does show up again.
User avatar
Master InuYasha
Absolute Otaku
Posts: 3195
Joined: Mar 01, 2007 6:51pm

Re: Very big advertisment at the top of our forum

Post by Master InuYasha »

That's big on my comp its not that huge it's the same as it always been
Locked