Page 1 of 1

Rockman/Mega Man's 20th Annierversary/Birthday

Posted: Dec 14, 2007 11:42am
by Twilight Night Wolf
Soon this month December, 17 2007 the blue bomber will be with us (the fans mainly) for 20 years. I'm actually surprised that Rock/Mega has managed to stay with us this long and is still going strong with his newest games Mega Man Star Force and Mega Man ZX Advent. Japan is having a event for this (they always get the good stuff) annierversary and lots of anniversary merchindise too. Capcom has also released 3 anniversary wallpapers on the internet too (links below). As a big fan of the series I hope he continues to keep going.

http://www.capcom.co.jp/rockman20th/dow ... 1_1280.jpg

http://www.capcom.co.jp/rockman20th/dow ... 2_1280.jpg

http://www.capcom.co.jp/rockman20th/dow ... 3_1280.jpg

One more thing: There seems to be a rumor going around that possiably Mega Man will be announced to be a playable character on Super Smash Bros Brawl on the 17 it's doubtful but possible.

Re: Rockman/Mega Man's 20th Annierversary/Birthday

Posted: Dec 14, 2007 12:38pm
by The Evil Russell Crowe
YAY

Re: Rockman/Mega Man's 20th Annierversary/Birthday

Posted: Dec 14, 2007 3:11pm
by Cloud Leonhart
Heh, twenty years, eh? I need to remember to keep up with such things. :heh:

Re: Rockman/Mega Man's 20th Annierversary/Birthday

Posted: Dec 17, 2007 11:22am
by Twilight Night Wolf
Today is Rockman/Megaman's 20th anniversary.

Re: Rockman/Mega Man's 20th Annierversary/Birthday

Posted: Dec 18, 2007 9:34am
by Hallow
This is one of my favourite video game series out there.

Re: Rockman/Mega Man's 20th Annierversary/Birthday

Posted: Dec 18, 2007 3:12pm
by Cloud Leonhart
Mines too. They really should've kept going with the Legends games...those were insanely awesome. Why did they stop at 2?

Re: Rockman/Mega Man's 20th Annierversary/Birthday

Posted: Dec 18, 2007 4:40pm
by Twilight Night Wolf
Cloud Leonhart wrote:Mines too. They really should've kept going with the Legends games...those were insanely awesome. Why did they stop at 2?
There are a few possible reasons why they stopped.

1. Possible mainreason is the story since Trigger accomplished his mission The Master gave him and his past had been covered there's probably not much to go on now.

2. Inafune finally got his wish to switch the main color of the Rockmans/Mega Mans to red (it's his favorite color and the color he was going to originally use on the first Mega but didn't because he thought blue would make him look more innocent but I guess this is common knowledge among fans) starting with Zero. (who was originally going to be X) Changing Triggers color wouldn't go so well (Inafune has been secretly trying to change the color for sometime and with the Zero series he successed).

3. Inafune once said that if someone gave him so much money (don't remember how much exactly) that he would make a 3rd sequel (so it could be money but I really doubt it)

4. Or he main be caught up in ZX and Star Force.

Those are the only reasons I know of. I really wish he would make another one too and also a final to the classic series. Legends is part of the main time line so he may get to it eventually.

Re: Rockman/Mega Man's 20th Annierversary/Birthday

Posted: Dec 19, 2007 10:25am
by Hallow
I really wish that they would finish the classic and X series.

Re: Rockman/Mega Man's 20th Annierversary/Birthday

Posted: Dec 19, 2007 3:01pm
by Cloud Leonhart
X is finished, I think, with 8 being the last.

And thanks, Twilight. I suppose we'll just have to wait and hope. :heh:

Re: Rockman/Mega Man's 20th Annierversary/Birthday

Posted: Dec 20, 2007 8:08am
by Hallow
Actually, X8 ends with X and Zero standing over Axl, who has a broken head crystal.

So I doubt that the X series is over.

Re: Rockman/Mega Man's 20th Annierversary/Birthday

Posted: Dec 20, 2007 12:36pm
by Gyro Zeppeli
I have 1 thing to say about this thread

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8IiJk4Imds


Oh, and Metroid series>>>>>>>>>>>>>Megaman series

Re: Rockman/Mega Man's 20th Annierversary/Birthday

Posted: Dec 20, 2007 6:46pm
by Cloud Leonhart
That's nice. :|

Is that so, Ichigo? I've been meaning to get X8 for ages now...though I really think the X series has gone on long enough...it should stop with 8. XD

Re: Rockman/Mega Man's 20th Annierversary/Birthday

Posted: Dec 21, 2007 6:59am
by Hallow
X7 and X8 aren't as good. They have a weird camera as well.