Page 1 of 1

Pirate Anime

Posted: Mar 28, 2008 8:54pm
by ginger262
I'm trying to put together an AMV and I need show suggestions. Does anyone know of any good shows with pirates or sailors? Nothing too cute, the darker, the better. And if you know of anything with a whale in it, that would be fantastic. Thanks!

Re: Pirate Anime

Posted: Mar 28, 2008 8:58pm
by Slash
The obvious choice that comes to mind is One Piece, and it has a giant whale right before they get on the Grand Line. One Piece started out as a semi-kiddie show, but if you watch the latter episodes, like the CP9 arc, it gets pretty sweet. The CP9 arc has the best fights I've ever seen in anime, bar none.

Outlaw Star has space pirates, if you're open to the idea of nontraditional pirates.

That's all I can think of though...Might have to sift through my collections to see what else.

Re: Pirate Anime

Posted: Mar 29, 2008 4:36am
by Jessie-Kah
ONE PIECE
ONE PIECE
ONNEE PIECE!!

lol i just wanted to say one piece cause its "TOTALLY AWSOME"!!
unfortunately that is the only one i knO!! and yes i do relize that slash has pointed it out. But i just wanted to make sure you saw ONE PIECE XDD

Re: Pirate Anime

Posted: Mar 29, 2008 8:02am
by Slash
Heh, yeah, One Piece is where it's at. Might go as far as to say it's my favorite of all time? Dun-dun-dun. But yeah, if you havent checked it out, you should.

Re: Pirate Anime

Posted: Apr 01, 2008 11:48pm
by ginger262
One Piece is good, I checked it out. It's a little bit too cute for what I'm going for, though. Do you know of anything darker? It doesn't have to be about pirates, just anything with ships and sailors. I might need a church or monastery as well.

Thanks for your help!

Re: Pirate Anime

Posted: Apr 19, 2008 1:41pm
by Duuz
If you want more space pirates as non-traditional pirates there's Sol Bianca, an all female space pirate crew.

And how could any one forget the legendary space pirates Captain Harlock and Queen Emeraldus.