Too Short?

DJ ÑÎÑJÅ
Visitor

Too Short?

Post by DJ ÑÎÑJÅ »

Who thought Yu Yu was waaaaaaay too short? And, also, WTF happened to this forum? IT IS DEAD NOW.
Battousai The Manslayer
Absolute Otaku

Re: Too Short?

Post by Battousai The Manslayer »

I think YYH had enough episodes and it had a positive and satisfying ending.

I dunno. People just don't wanna talk about it anymore I guess. A shame really since it's definately one of my top three favorite series ever.
Does God Exist?

<>Bleach Club 101<> Squad #5 Captain
Raptor Jesus went extinct for your sins. He is the true messiah.
KoYue
Absolute Mega-Insane Otaku

Post by KoYue »

There's not much to talk about since the series is already over. I miss YYH, but it did have a good ending. If it had more episodes, it would just end up being a pain to watch.
Aquí está la vela. Aquí está el camino. Ahora sígame al fin. . .
. . . stay together itsumo. . .
Chibis rule!
*~Find your reason to live~*
chime
Mobile Suit Otaku

Post by chime »

i loved yyh and i also loved HEIEI! :love: :love: :love: he's the man! and yes,more episode's would have just messed up the show.

...i've been gone for awhile but now i have returned. 8)
challenge me and i'll accept.battle me and i'll fight fair.run from me and expect sertain death.
Dreams

Post by Dreams »

I think it was long enough. I wish the battle between Toguro Otouto and Yuusuke was a little shorter, and that they would have added more at the end. I mean, I understand that the Makai Touitsu Tournament was cut off in the manga, but they could have made up for it a little more in the anime.

I was happy to find the 7th OVA because they had extra footage from the stories in the last book of the manga, which would have been very cool to include at the end of the series itself.
Пуля в сердце, мозг на дверцу...
"For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord." ~Romans 6:23
Ultimate Human Genocide
Master Otaku

Post by Ultimate Human Genocide »

it was good length. i mean it wasn't like DBZ which could have a ba-gillion episodes and have the same amount of viewing
"Your move, Holy Man"
http://www.wii60.com/uploads/971.gif <---- Must see for all World Cup watchers
jmf
Mobile Suit Otaku

Post by jmf »

it was a prety good length anime and manga so yea not to short.
lilly's humble messanger
Battousai The Manslayer
Absolute Otaku

jmf wrote:it was a prety good length anime and manga so yea not to short.
Wait.....you have the manga?! The entire manga? In english? :shock:
Does God Exist?

Krimmu Za Rabbitto
Master Otaku

Post by Krimmu Za Rabbitto »

Well,kinda short.
Hello,Everyone I'm nicest one sometimes I getting angry.
Dreams

Post by Dreams »

I don't think the whole manga is out in English yet. I don't know about jmf, but I have the whole series in Japanese. Like I said, it has awesome supplementary stories. I have some scanlated on my site.
Пуля в сердце, мозг на дверцу...
"For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord." ~Romans 6:23
anna_1loveanime
Master Otaku

Post by anna_1loveanime »

yeah...it was short...I expected at least 200 episodes
Battousai The Manslayer
Absolute Otaku

anna_1loveanime wrote:yeah...it was short...I expected at least 200 episodes
Then it would have become repetitive and annoying.
Does God Exist?

DJ ÑÎÑJÅ
Visitor

Post by DJ ÑÎÑJÅ »

I never wanted it to be like 200. I just thought the last arc could have been a bit longer. the author was pushed to finish it. =\
Azarath_Gen
Master Otaku

Post by Azarath_Gen »

i think it was a gud length. The point was of how strong Yuskue was. If there was anymor episodes it would basically end up Yuskue beating them with one blink of an eye. It ended him with Keiko(SP), all friends still friends, and Yuskue being the strongest 1/2 breed alive! :color:
Anomura
Baka Otaku

Post by Anomura »

[LONG RANT AND SPOILERS. PROCEED WITH CAUTION.]

I wouldn't want it to continue from where it left off. I had more than enough of the Makai Arc, thank you, and I doubt Togashi could repair the damage to the story and characters without some very creative explanations.

For example, he might explain why he had to cut Kuwabara from the final arc. And don't say that "the editor didn't think he was popular enough to draw readers," because I already know that. He was one of the main characters, and he was the comic relief, which was what made Yu Yu Hakusho special. Tell me I'm not the only one who noticed how unfunny the manga was without him.

...Or he could explain why Yusuke had to become a demon. A human being able to fight on par with the supposedly stronger demon species was cool. When Yusuke turned demon it kind of proved that humans really couldn't be as strong as demons. And that lame explanation about atavism and two deaths and stars aligning? You've got to be kidding.

...Or he could explain why Hiei and Kurama's friendship (or whatever it was) was suddenly cut off in the manga with no explanation. Especially since there were hints as far back as the Shiseiju that Hiei would gain some humanity through the Urameshi Team. That was the whole point of Hiei saying, "Sacrificing my life for someone else is not something you'll catch me doing."—Togashi was setting him up to do just that, and I suspect it would have been for Kurama (since the manga says that demons can't transfer energy to humans or vice versa).

...OR he could explain what he was thinking when he wrote the ending! Kuwabara becoming a good student was kind of neat, but genius Kurama becoming a secretary instead of going to university?! Hiei staying in Makai instead of with his friends in the human world (including his veritable reason-to-live, Yukina)?! I'm sorry, none of this makes any sense.

If the entire last arc of the manga were taken out, then yes, Yu Yu Hakusho could have continued after the Sensui Arc (assuming Yusuke managed to beat Sensui on his own strength, or his friends managed to power up enough after watching Yusuke almost get killed). But continuing from the Makai Arc—please no. The plotholes are too much for me as it is.