Yu Yu Hakusho Movies

Silver Fox
Visitor

Yu Yu Hakusho Movies

Post by Silver Fox »

Did anyone see the movies?
If you did can you tell me about them a little.
Anasatcia
Visitor

re: Yu Yu Hakusho Movies

Post by Anasatcia »

I want to know as well!!!! :(
WAKAI
Visitor

Post by WAKAI »

The yuyu hakusho movie that I saw Yuyu Hakusho: Poltergeist Report so far is the only movie I know of.

here have the info on it that I have 8)

Two things should be made clear about YuYu Hakusho: The Movie. One is that if you're already a YuYu Hakusho fan, then you'll probably have fun--it's more or less an action-packed episode of the TV series, with a slightly higher budget. The other important thing is that you shouldn't confuse this with the other YuYu Hakusho Movie (Poltergeist Report, from US Manga Corps). Both are based on the same huge franchise, but while Poltergeist Report was a high-budget theatrical movie that, although a bit confusing to the uninitated, was enjoyable enough, this one is something entirely different.

It's only a half hour long, has absolutely no explanation of who the characters are, no character development, and the plot can be summed up by "The king of the spirit world has been captured! We must save him before the bad guy dumps him into lava." If that sounds like the 10-second-plot of an 80's-era side-scrolling video game, it should--YuYu Hakusho: the Movie feels like one in almost every way. There are three different stages that a collection of characters must rapidly fight their way through before time runs out, and beat up a couple of ugly bosses along the way. If you're not already a YuYu Hakusho fan, this is 30 minutes of repetitive action (and some comedy) involving a bunch of characters that you've never seen before doing rather strange things. The only setup you'll get is off the back of the box, there's no plot, and it's short to boot. About the only thing worth mentioning is that there is a whole bunch of supernatural action, but it's nothing but a pass for non-YuYu fans.
Anasatcia
Visitor

Post by Anasatcia »

WOW!!! That was alot of reading for me to do!!!! :wink:
KoYue
Absolute Mega-Insane Otaku

Post by KoYue »

I have one of them. It's called Poltergeist Report or Bons of Fire (well, something like that). The Reikai is getting flooded and Koenma entrusts Botan with a Power Sphere. Botan gets struck by lightening and tells Yusuke to watch out for Yakumo, the demon who wants the Power Sphere. Yusuke and the rest get the help of Hinageshi, Botan's appreantice. Kurama gets a visit from an old friend, Kuronue, who is bent on killing him. It's a really good movie, but it sounds stupid in English because they all have different voice actors.