22%
Fraternal
20%
Friendly
44%

Total votes: 41

Anasatcia
Visitor

re: Hiei and Kurama's Relationship Is...

Post by Anasatcia »

That wasn't his girlfriend. Besides, they could have always kept their relationship for the bedroom.
Padawan
Visitor

Post by Padawan »

*sighs* I grow weary of defending Hiei and Kurama's relationship. But I'm a firm supporter of them as a couple, and nothing is going to dissuade me; it's rather like trying to convince a hardcore Dragonball Z fan that Yu Yu Hakusho is just as good. I'm simply too stubborn. Sorry, everyone. But how exactly to you prove or disprove their relationship?
Last edited by Padawan on May 08, 2005 8:02pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anasatcia
Visitor

Post by Anasatcia »

That's a very good question!!!!*starts to think about it*
Yumiko
Visitor

Post by Yumiko »

Kurama and hiei are just friends and only friends . Im a big fan of kurama and i know he isn't gay with anyone :x
kurama's girl
Visitor

Post by kurama's girl »

you got some kind of problem with gays, yumiko you could still be a fan of kurama when hes gay, its not like hes a leper or anything he just likes other guys whats the problem
Angel of Darkness
Visitor

Post by Angel of Darkness »

Well, I think that there might be something going on between them, but I'm not quite sure if they would ever do anything sexual beyod just kissing and holding hands. But, I can deffianitly picture them being romantic with eachother. Afterall, we all seem to agree that they are at least very close friends, and romance is a possible next step for them. But who knows.
Padawan
Visitor

Post by Padawan »

*blink* Someone actually voted "Sexual"? Even I was nervous about clicking on that one... And that's saying something, considering how much I've been arguing that they're a couple.
Doomschneider
Visitor

Post by Doomschneider »

umm... may i get in on this? to be honest, i kind of feel strongly about this.

not that i have any problem with Homosexual relationships or the people involved, but i really don't think Hiei and Kurama are gay. I'm probably the first to say it, but i wouldn't be surprised if Kurama was gay, or even bi. *everyone gasps* Why? he's a fox. in japanese mythology youko are generaly female or femanine in preferance. But like i said, i woudn't be surprised, not i think he is, but for me it's Hiei that disrupts that theory for me. i have a hard time seeing Hiei with anyone, male or female.

as for what Togashi has said, i don't think it matters. you keep forgetting that these people aren't real. they do whatever the author wants them to. the fact is that the story is not aout Hiei and Kurama's relationship. it would be a waste of time and effort to do anything with that thread. it's about the group as a whole, and Hiei and Kurama fit into that, but the story isn't about just them. it's not a romance. Yuusuke and Keiko are together for the dynamics of the chara (in truth, the story's about Yuusuke) but, once again, that's not what the story's about. a romantic (or sexual) relationship of hiei and Kurama is not important to the story or chara and would be a waste of creative space.

then there's everyone's "proof" that they are a couple. All of it is BS aand speculation of a homophobic society. for starters, it's ok for guys to be more openly emotional and have close relationships (fraternal lets say) with other guys. As for someon's claims of them sleeping in the same bed, i haven't seen or even heard of that, but just the same, it means nothing. I've slept in the same bed as people: My best friend, my cousins, my parents, my brother, even a relative stranger on a track trip, and various people on a band trip. I haven't had sex with any of them. not all of them were relatives, so don't start that crap. it's certainly less unusual if the two people are close enough friends as i believe Hiei and Kurama are. everything else i've heard is just strong friendship turned up-side-down by people who have insanely ridged definitions of relationships. many other countries have extreemly different definitions of what is considered in the realm of romance, friendship, etc.

not to mention the ultimate and all powerful opinion of the author. although i said it doesn't matter, for those who are not convinced, Togashi has said in interviews that he did not intend for there to be that type of relationsip between Hiei and Kurama.

that was insanely long. i'm sorry. you said "explain". and i'm sorry if i ruined it for somepeople. sometimes half the fun is in the argument. not to say that this settles it. it most certainly doesn't. someone will always argue. it's fun sometimes.

in short: i think it's fraternal, in the sense of an extreemly close friendship altered slightly to make it so.

'kay. shutting up now.
Yoko Moura
Visitor

Post by Yoko Moura »

....*speacheless* U ROCK! U HAVE JUST PROOVEN THAT THEY R NOT GAY! I REPEAT THEY R NOT!! GAY!! U GUYS CAN BURN IN HELL FOR ALL I CARE BUT I AM GOING ALONG WITH WHAT THE DUDE SAID! GO U!!
Doomschneider
Visitor

Re: re: Hiei and Kurama's Relationship Is...

Post by Doomschneider »

Yoko Moura wrote:....*speacheless* U ROCK! U HAVE JUST PROOVEN THAT THEY R NOT GAY! I REPEAT THEY R NOT!! GAY!! U GUYS CAN BURN IN HELL FOR ALL I CARE BUT I AM GOING ALONG WITH WHAT THE DUDE SAID! GO U!!
um... do you mean me? i DID have this really crazy idea once to see how many people i could convince i was male on the internet, but for goodness sake, my gender is right there!

in any case, so you mean that that wasn't pointlessly long and boring, or are you the only one who bothered to read it? that is still asuming the answer to my first question was yes. if not, i'm just increadibly vain. ignore me. if yes, though, i'm very happy that someone appreciates it. but... no burning in hell please. i'm rude, crude, and all around not nice, but that's just plain mean. anyway, i'm rambling again, (still under my first asumption), go me. ^.^
Padawan
Visitor

Post by Padawan »

The purpose of a good story is not just to entertain; it is to make the readers think. The question of Hiei and Kurama's relationship managed to accomplish the latter.

So, in my opinion... Let the fans decide for themselves exactly what kind of relationship Hiei and Kurama have. If you think they're gay, then that's fine. If you think they're straight, that's fine, too. Just as long as everyone finds enjoyment in speculating. Please don't ruin it for anyone by insulting their opinions.
Visitor

Post by guest »

Personally I believe that Hiei and Kurama have a brotherly relationship, not a romantic one. Everyone knows that Hiei has a trust issue so for him to even trust Kurama, that would put them pretty close. I'm not discriminating towards homosexuality but I don't think they make a cute couple together. For everyone who does, thats your opinion but Kurama and Hiei as a couple kinda gives me the creeps. *shudders*
La Tua Cantante
Absolute Otaku

Post by La Tua Cantante »

OK, WHERE TO BEGIN WITH THIS TOPIC!!!

For 1- I do not believe that Kurama and Hiei are gay... I just don't see it...like someone said I don't see Hiei with a dude. I don't see them together..But I wouldn't have a problem if they were. I've been told I'm bi [[which I don't think I am the last time I checked]] But thats just like this topic. I don't have any problem with bi's or gay's or les's. They are normal people.

For 2-I'm blown away by another comment:
Padawan Wrote:
it's rather like trying to convince a hardcore Dragonball Z fan that Yu Yu Hakusho is just as good.
^^^ Ok, I'm hardcore, and I LOVE both shows. So um.. yeah.

For 3- I'm also blown away about this:
Doomschneider wrote:
as for what Togashi has said, i don't think it matters. you keep forgetting that these people aren't real. they do whatever the author wants them to.
^^ Ok, have you not forgotten that some of us are crazy about these two characters?!?!?! THEY ARE SERIOUSLY AWESOME!! I mean, I absolutely LOVE kurama [[And a whole bunch of other animedudes]]. Sorry if you think I'm crazy but i do. he is rock star! Yeah the anime may be about Yusuke but it doesn't mean that we have to keep our attention on him. That would kinda be like everyone having the same color hair.. [[I think...]]

Sorry if I appulved any of you. [[I don't se how I could of]]

:) Have a nice day :)
Padawan
Visitor

Post by Padawan »

*tilts head curiously* Imagining Hiei with a guy is no more difficult than imagining him with a girl. Either way is actually pretty difficult, but if there was ever a person he could trust enough to be romantically involved, it would be Kurama.

As for the comment about hardcore Dragonball Z fans: I was in the middle of a rather fascinating exchange with one at the time of that post. Even if I gave him the most concrete of evidence to prove Yu Yu Hakusho was as good as Dragonball Z, he would still claim that DBZ could wipe the floor with YYH. He never offered any real evidence to support his claim, and all in all, it was very frustrating trying to have a reasonable conversation with him.

...I'm not too sure what you mean by everyone having the same hair color. I would probably compare it more to people focusing on the mildly cute lead singer of a band and paying no attention at all to the utter hunk of a drummer. :wink:
La Tua Cantante
Absolute Otaku

Post by La Tua Cantante »

Padawan wrote:
*tilts head curiously* Imagining Hiei with a guy is no more difficult than imagining him with a girl. Either way is actually pretty difficult, but if there was ever a person he could trust enough to be romantically involved, it would be Kurama.

As for the comment about hardcore Dragonball Z fans: I was in the middle of a rather fascinating exchange with one at the time of that post. Even if I gave him the most concrete of evidence to prove Yu Yu Hakusho was as good as Dragonball Z, he would still claim that DBZ could wipe the floor with YYH. He never offered any real evidence to support his claim, and all in all, it was very frustrating trying to have a reasonable conversation with him.

...I'm not too sure what you mean by everyone having the same hair color. I would probably compare it more to people focusing on the mildly cute lead singer of a band and paying no attention at all to the utter hunk of a drummer.

Me: lol thats great. Well.. I love both animes but I kinda do believe that DBZ is better... But I rate all my animes up there so they are are like number 1. But if you wanted me to get technical I would say DBZ is better. Wait, now that just seriously just messed up my other post...Og, but wait, I said they both are the same.. lol JUST NVM that ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) . lol
Well, I only said the same color hair because the one stupid commercial was on about everyone wearing blonde whigs.. :shock: lol But If you want to put it your way then I could say that.. Gerard Way [[A lead singer]] is hotter then.. some other band's drunner [[the drummer]]!!! lol man,I have TONS of hott people in bands and they all rate the same.. except Billy Martin.. He's number one.. :wink: but I don't like G.C. . . Anywho [[don't mind that either]]

Yeah, I'll get back to the topic now, I do not believe that Hiei and Kurama are gay. They just have a brotherly relationship.
I want your lungs to stop working without me.
<3Love has no limits
anime_guardian625
Visitor

Post by anime_guardian625 »

I believe they are not gay.In one of the last episodes,Hiei gives Kurama his tear gem and this is how the reaction goes (Its really funny in my opinion)

Kurama: Hiei...I can't accept this. I value our friendship and all we've been through...*Approaches Hiei*
Hiei: *Looks at Kurama...almost dreamily...*
Kurama: But I'm not interested in you that way.
Hiei: *Sweatdrops* You fool! I'm not giving my stone to you!

Hahahaha! Gets me every time!