On Dec 3, 2013 a server crash wiped out the database...

After the 2013 database crash, most new topics were created in a single forum. This is that forum.
I've commented.
Master Otaku

Post by I've commented. »

[@ Buttercup] Yes indeed, It would be good/nice if Absolute Anime could be fully repaired and fully restored. I hope Absolute Anime can be fully repaired and fully restored. Back to the way it was before the big error happened.
I've commented.
Master Otaku

[@ webmaster & Theo]

[IDEA] You can double check the Absolute Anime backups that you have and have found for Absolute Anime and see if they're working or not. You can try to fix and restore the backups for Absolute Anime, and hopefully, fix and restore the entire Absolute anime website and its database back to the way it was before the big error happened.

[IDEA] You can double check all of the Absolute Anime servers and all of the Absolute Anime database tables and all of the Absolute Anime backup discs and all of the Absolute Anime external backups and all of the Absolute Anime backups, (Including the ones mentioned on the first page of this topic by the two of you.). And you can try, (Or at least try.), doing disk-checks and error-checks on those things to try, and hopefully, fix and restore the entire Absolute Anime website and its database back to the way it was before the big error happened.
Last edited by I've commented. on Apr 25, 2014 7:12am, edited 2 times in total.
webmaster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: What a week! A server crash wiped out the database!

Post by webmaster »

The forum is not going to be restored to how it was before. It's just not. Even if we did find a recent backup, we would not use it to restore the forums. I know that's what you want, but it's not going to happen.

There is still a possibility of creating an archived forum from an old backup, but that would be read-only. And it won't happen soon as we're both pretty busy right now working on paid projects.
Buttercup
Master Otaku

Post by Buttercup »

Do you intend to rebuild these forums eventually? Adding back old sections and what not?
Sorry to nag. I don't want to come across like that. It's just exceptionally hard to keep interest of people when it's this small.
Naruko
Master Otaku

Post by Naruko »

I would be interested in seeing the old format again, with the different sections, but no rush. =)
Everything is an adventure. Good adventure, bad adventure, it's all adventures. Don't ever turn down anything that might sound even remotely adventurous.
webmaster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by webmaster »

No, I don't plan on adding additional sections. They were added back when the forum was really popular and we had a whole lot of people making a whole lot of posts. But that's not the case anymore, so we really don't need a whole lot of sections to keep things organized.
I've commented.
Master Otaku

Absolute Anime had a big error on either late 11-30-2013 or on early December-1-2013, and then it disappeared until it reappeared on 12-5-2013.
I've commented.
Master Otaku

[@ Theo] It might have been/could have been you that caused, or at least partially caused the big error on Absolute Anime.

In that long post that you made on 12-7-2013 on page 1 of this topic, you said that you had worked on the 2 iscsl servers and that some software problems arose from that, and you also said that some data was lost.

You did say that you tried to get the software problems fixed, and you also said that you tried hard to get the data that was lost back.

You did apologize about the loss of data loss.

Was that post a confession that you caused, or at least partially caused the big error on Absolute Anime?

Did you cause, or at least partially cause the big error on Absolute Anime? (If so, it sounds like it was an unlucky accident.)
mai
Visitor

Post by mai »

Hello, this is Mai. I tried to logon after so long to realize all my information was deleted. :( Stopped by to send some love, sine it's been nearly a decade. I hope the forums are holding up well and especially say hi to the old pal Theo. xox
Tyche
Absolute Otaku

Post by Tyche »

Mai!

Make a profile why don't'cha? Some of us still check around here.
"Life is pain, highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something."

"If you want to view paradise simply look around and view it. Anything you want to, do it. You want to change the world? There's nothing to it."
Naruko
Master Otaku

Post by Naruko »

Oh hai Mai!
Everything is an adventure. Good adventure, bad adventure, it's all adventures. Don't ever turn down anything that might sound even remotely adventurous.
ServantOfPriss
Baka Otaku

Post by ServantOfPriss »

Yikes! Glad to know the site didn't die off. Starting from zero like back then, heh.
Visitor

Post by Guest »

Oh my! I see I'm a bit late... well, I mean, I didn't get on this site much to begin with. No one probably remembers me(I hardly remember anyone on here, sorry, lol) but I used to be MARS4. Sorry to hear about the website :( But I'm glad to see it's still up. I hope tings continue to go well for it!

Last bumped by Anonymous on Nov 25, 2014 5:20am.