Work

After the 2013 database crash, most new topics were created in a single forum. This is that forum.
Naruko
Master Otaku

Work

Post by Naruko »

I figure most of us are at least pretending to be adults here. And what do adults do? Usually get together and complain about work! Or at least that's what happens the majority of the time I go out with friends.

So let's hear it folks!
Everything is an adventure. Good adventure, bad adventure, it's all adventures. Don't ever turn down anything that might sound even remotely adventurous.
Tyche
Absolute Otaku

Re: Work

Post by Tyche »

Hours got cut, cashiers starting up drama all day e'er' day, but I take everything in stride. And you should try it too! ^^ Anyway, so, there's not much complaint on my side, but I have a feeling you have a lot to get off your chest, Nyxie. Spill it!
"Life is pain, highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something."

"If you want to view paradise simply look around and view it. Anything you want to, do it. You want to change the world? There's nothing to it."
Imdabipolarbear
Master Otaku

Post by Imdabipolarbear »

As always, I am possibly gonna get fired from my job. I am in "ERC(Employee Re-assignment Center)" which is a time out zone for us, while internal affairs determines if we did what we are accused of doing, such as physical, sexual, or verbal, abuse on our clients, or neglecting them, or what not. Right now, I am in this wonderful place because the client I was watching started choking on the soda he was sipping. I was in the bathroom at the time because I couldnt [censored] wait any longer and because once again, we are short [censored] staffed! The other staff in the room got up and helped him out, and right after that, the client got up, very pissed off about an earlier situation. So now I have to try to prevent a fight, get the nurse to check up on my client and document every little detail all at the same time. I got the anger part, but forgot the choking part. I am now in ERC for not documenting.

Keep in mind, that while in ERC we are to have absolutely no contact with our clients what-so-ever, but what do they do? They send us to the kitchens on the homes where the clients can walk right up to us and start a conversation with us. If we dont talk with them, there is a risk they will get pissed off and get us in even more trouble, and if we do talk to them, we might get caught by the people who check up on us from time to time. So damned if we do and damned if we dont.

Clients are people who score lower than a 70 on an IQ test. Some are actually retarded, but most arent. Most "clients" are fully functioning members of society who dont want to go to jail, so they fail on purpose. And they get to come here the every "client has rights that cant be denied." Including phones, a job type thing to make money, fun, TV, game systems, family visits when ever their family schedules it. Most of them just have an anger issue, like everyone else in the world. And they can do pretty much whatever they want. There are cameras set up in all the living rooms and hallways so that staff cannot abuse any of these guys no matter what they do. Even if they might hit staff or each other, or stab at staff or each other, staff cant do anything by try to calmly talk them out of their anger as they beat the crap out of whatever they want.

The one I was on that day is only deaf. And he knew he shouldnt have been drinking that mountain dew the way he was supposed to drink it.
The Brown-Eyed Boy is who I be. And I'm still as twisted as ever.
That's Mr. Jewfro to you buddy!
Thank you Tyche for my very awesome avatar.
Naruko
Master Otaku

Post by Naruko »

I'm just really over my job right now. I understand wanting to keep your child safe, but taking away two and a half workdays because you're so terrified? I can't afford to keep taking two weeks off work every time I catch a cold.

And getting time off is easy, but using my vacation time/sick time is darn near impossible.

And 32 hours is not full time!

Also, I really don't give a good goshdarn where I'm working, whether it's children or geriatrics. Just give me a better job hospitals!!!
Everything is an adventure. Good adventure, bad adventure, it's all adventures. Don't ever turn down anything that might sound even remotely adventurous.
Naruko
Master Otaku

Post by Naruko »

This will probably turn into the "Naruko whining about her awful job thread" and for that I am very sorry. Hopefully it's at least interesting.

So, I have what's being nicknamed "Death Cold". Medical humor amirite? It's a cold on steroids, with a very harsh dry cough. The mom of my patient won't allow me in the home if I'm coughing (see above) and my doctor, after telling me that was retarded, put me on a medicine designed to suppress the coughing. It hasn't really been cutting it.

Last Friday night I had a coughing fit in front of my patient's mom and she lost it. Pulled me away, lectured me like I was 5 and lying about taking an extra cookie, and then threw me out of the home. Literally threw me out. I didn't have a car, so I had to walk to the nearest Starbucks where I could wait for my fabulous dad to come get me. Needless to say, I was also (more than a) little hysterical.

But there is a happy ending! The mom immediately went crying with her own whitewashed version of the story to my scheduling coordinator and supervisor, and someone escalated it to my Director of Nursing- my big boss. She called me, I gave her the whole story, she called the mom back and probably called her on her bullplop. Now I look saintly as fudge for agreeing to go back to that home, c***y mom has been thoroughly scolded, and I have even more incentive to get a better job. And I know I have a way more awesome support network than I knew.
Tyche
Absolute Otaku

Post by Tyche »

If I could like that post, I would. Glad everything worked out with that, Nyxie. =)
"Life is pain, highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something."

"If you want to view paradise simply look around and view it. Anything you want to, do it. You want to change the world? There's nothing to it."
Buttercup
Master Otaku

Post by Buttercup »

I certainly hope you feel better Nyx x_x
Naruko
Master Otaku

Post by Naruko »

Thanks guys. =)
Imdabipolarbear
Master Otaku

I can one up you Nyxie......I got fired from my job today.....they called it truancy....which was partially true...but the real reason they fired me was I had too many investigations going on and they didnt want that kind of person working for them....but I gotta say, my ex-co workers are jealous......I'm finally out of that hell hole.....New job here I come.....I think I can find one pretty soon though...I know a few places hiring in need for desperate help
Naruko
Master Otaku

Post by Naruko »

Work sucks, we should just play video games all day.
Imdabipolarbear
Master Otaku

The world would be a much better place.....but not having a job sucks.....i need something to keep me busy so I'm not all alone all the time...........*sigh*
Yami Haga-Ryuzaki
Absolute Otaku

Post by Yami Haga-Ryuzaki »

I work in retail, and last week I was told that hours are going to be "brutally" cut, because we just aren't meeting our weekly budgets, and until we do we have to get by on the bare minimum. This is alright for me since I still live at home, but my co-workers are in a frenzy. Everyone hates each other. I'm currently getting two shifts a week at three hours apiece, which is actually quite nice for me because it leaves more time for writing.

The only complain that I have is that there are constant roster errors. This is a huge issue for me because I use public transport, and it's a huge kick in the gut to be told that "we didn't mean to have you rostered on today (we're going to need you to go home)" and that I essentially wasted seven dollars and forty cents getting there.

Aaaaaah. Adulthood. It's hard to believe that I once wished I could skip ahead to this part.
I wish to the starry sky, I pray to the Earth
and swear to a love that will not fade.
Naruko
Master Otaku

Post by Naruko »

That sucks massive ass. Sorry Yami. =(

When I was a kid, I didn't imagine being an adult would be anything like this. Clearly someone needs to work on that.
Imdabipolarbear
Master Otaku

I dont think any of us ever thought adult hood was going to be like this....and its funny....some days I would trade it all back to be a kid again...but most days, I wouldnt
Naruko
Master Otaku

Post by Naruko »

I had an interview today! I don't think I got the job though, which is nice because I'm not sure I want the job.
webmaster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by webmaster »

Imdabipolarbear wrote:I dont think any of us ever thought adult hood was going to be like this....and its funny....some days I would trade it all back to be a kid again...but most days, I wouldnt
I hear that!