Forum Rules & Guidelines

After the 2013 database crash, most new topics were created in a single forum. This is that forum.
webmaster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Forum Rules & Guidelines

Post by webmaster »

Rules
The following are basic rules for the Absolute Anime forum. Failure to comply with these rules may result in banishment, which I really hate doing, but will if it becomes necessary.

:!: Rules apply everywhere
All rules and guidelines for posting should also be considered to apply to chat and private messages. If you notice any rule violations, consider it your duty to report them. And let me state right now that sexually related private messages are NOT allowed! (Also note that I have access to all private messages.)

:evil: Do not insult
Do not fling insults (and that includes name-calling) or make threats. Disrespectful or threatening posts are not allowed. If you are angry or upset, and feel like lashing out, just leave. These forums should be a fun place to visit!

[-( Do not argue
Do not start or get drawn into an argument. Debates are fine, as you are free to disagree with people's opinions, but when your posts lose meaning or start resorting to insults, it's time to stop.

:-k Do not advertise
Do not sign up for the sole purpose of advertising or soliciting. Advertising and other forms of solicitations will be allowed in small quantities once you have shown yourself to be an active member of the forum.

:^o Do not mislead
Do not falsely imply or attempt to pass yourself off as an administrator, moderator, or other person of authority at this site if you are not one. This includes using misleading avatars, placing deceitful text in your signature, and registering with fallacious usernames. Do not misquote posts to make it seem like a person said something that they did not.

:-# Do not reveal personal information
Do not give out personal information, such as your phone number or address, and do not ask others to do so either. Never, never, never! Not in posts, and not in private messages, and not in e-mail! There are so many sneaky and underhanded people out there that will say whatever they can to trick you into giving out this information. Stay safe, and just DON'T DO IT!! If you are caught asking someone for their personal information, you may be banned! (As webmaster, I do have the ability to look through your private messages!)

[-X Do not swear
Posts with swearing, sexually explicit content, and other "adult only" topics are strictly limited to the Adult Forums. Posting this material anywhere else may result in banishment. The automatic word censoring does not give you permission to swear! Additionally, any intentional circumvention of the automatic word censoring for the purposes of swearing will result in immediate banishment without warning.

:-$ Do not threaten
Do not make threats. Do not threaten to harm, to spam, to hack, to defame, or anything else. I consider making threats almost as serious as carrying them out.

:club: Do not bogart
Do not make a thread and claim absolute control over it. Although you can create topics, you do not own them. They belong to the board, so you cannot prevent people from posting and you cannot force a moderator to lock or delete it.

=D> Moderators
Moderators are here to help you with problems, as well as to help enforce the rules. If a moderator gives you a warning about your conduct, you should take it seriously, but don't get upset about it. They're simply trying to do their job, which isn't as easy as you might think. If you feel a moderator has been unjust, you could contact me, though contacting another moderator would probably be quicker.
kkaasd
Visitor

Re: Forum Rules & Guidelines

Post by kkaasd »

kk
wastan
Baka Otaku

Post by wastan »

They're simply trying to do their job, which isn't as easy as you might think. If you feel a moderator has been unjust, you could contact me, though contacting another moderator would probably be :shock: :oops: :!: :ugeek:

Post by wastan »

They're simply trying to do their job, which isn't as easy as you might think. If you feel a moderator has been unjust, you could contact me, though contacting another moderator would probably be