Looking for fanfiction

After the 2013 database crash, most new topics were created in a single forum. This is that forum.
Bahiyya
Visitor

Looking for fanfiction

Post by Bahiyya »

I'm looking for a fanfiction site that I found around 2004 or 2005. I remember it had not just fanfics but a section for original works too. I can't really remember the name but my memory keeps telling me it was here but I don't think this site ever had a fanfic section.
webmaster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Looking for fanfiction

Post by webmaster »

This site had a fan-fiction forum a while back but when we had the database crash back in 2013 we pretty much lost it all.
Nakamoto
Baka Otaku

Post by Nakamoto »

What kind of fanfic are you talking about, Bahiyya?
RedStar80
Baka Otaku

Post by RedStar80 »

I know that many fanfictions were cross-posted on different websites, it might be worth checking on different fanfic databases. That's how I found recently a Zelda Ocarina of Time fanfic I read in 2004 or something... It had been rehosted for the 3rd time after 2 site closures.
webmaster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by webmaster »

It's amazing how much old content is archived on the internet.
RedStar80
Baka Otaku

Post by RedStar80 »

Yeah, then it's still possible to get LOTS of stuff from waybackmachine or similar systems to see how this or that site looked at a certain date.
And I'm way too aware of that... I'm supposed to write an investment project for some of this commercial property in Costa Blanca, but I spent the last 4 hours reading fanfics on a site that kicked the bucket 8 years ago and researching Soviet army organisation on a site that was closed in 2015... Don't go too deep in the rabbit hole, kids :mrgreen:
MarJoh
Newbie Otaku

Post by MarJoh »

You should defintely try to look at the waybackmachine. Just try and search the plot or the title, then try to get it on the machine.