ShirayukiKuchiki, That's me!

Introduce yourself to the rest of the board.
Tailtiu
Mobile Suit Otaku
Location: A dorm room usually; occasionally (read- when I have classes) the Nursing Bldg

Re: ShirayukiKuchiki, That's me!

Post by Tailtiu »

Allo n00b.
<3 life
KawaiiGirl104
Mobile Suit Otaku

Post by KawaiiGirl104 »

They rename Kumagoro Mr. Bear, Ryuichi's voice is a COMPLETELY different pitch, along with Fujisaki, Tohma, and there are the smaller characters that were changed too. Yuki's voice actor never has any emotion, even when he cries in episode 8. Truthfully, I hate the English Dub and prefer the subbed version better. Yuki actually sounds like he's crying in episode 8, Shuichi sounds funnier, Tohma has a voice that sounds like Romi Paku, and Ryuichi voice by Yamaguchi-san!
So I hate the English dub of Gravitation and always will!
And what's the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.
Whatever you say, I'm still taking your cake.
http://www.youtube.com/user/KawaiiGirl104/ Subscribe please!!!!
Hardcore
Absolute Otaku

Post by Hardcore »

Decisions to decisions are made and not bought, but I thought this wouldn't hurt a lot. I guess not.
KawaiiGirl104
Mobile Suit Otaku

Post by KawaiiGirl104 »

Nothing to say? Weird..... But that's just my opinion. And I'm entitled to my opinion on anything, right?
Hardcore
Absolute Otaku

Post by Hardcore »

Sky-chan wrote:Nothing to say? Weird..... But that's just my opinion. And I'm entitled to my opinion on anything, right?
Well, if you're in America..
No.
Decisions to decisions are made and not bought, but I thought this wouldn't hurt a lot. I guess not.
SASSZAIN

Post by SASSZAIN »

^ the irony
"You dont have to be alive to make yourself relevant.And you dont have to be a good person to be a hero.You just have to know who you are and stay true to that.So Im going to keep fighting for people the only way I ever knew how"-Vriska Serket
Grell
Absolute Otaku

Post by Grell »

Sky-chan wrote:They rename Kumagoro Mr. Bear, Ryuichi's voice is a COMPLETELY different pitch, along with Fujisaki, Tohma, and there are the smaller characters that were changed too. Yuki's voice actor never has any emotion, even when he cries in episode 8. Truthfully, I hate the English Dub and prefer the subbed version better. Yuki actually sounds like he's crying in episode 8, Shuichi sounds funnier, Tohma has a voice that sounds like Romi Paku, and Ryuichi voice by Yamaguchi-san!
So I hate the English dub of Gravitation and always will!
I'm pretty sure Mr. Bear is a decent translation. The pitches seems okay to me, the important thing is that the emotion and character find their way through no matter what, which, in my opinion, was very well done. I can say this because I've read the entire series, as well as watched the anime. As for Yuki, that's a huge part of his character, being emotionally challenged. You can't blame that on his voice actor.

You can hate it, but I just don't agree with your reasons for hating it. I mean, seriously, with your reasoning, do you hate ALL good dubs of anime? I say this because there are a few dubbed animes that I hold in high regard since most dubs DO suck these days. Tell me, what dubs DO you like, if any?

Also, it seems that part of your problem stems more from your hate of American voice actors than it does of the dub itself.
Please, I am but a smol potate.

Past Names you'll know its me by: Demyx, Dreaming Awake, Lord Koryu
KawaiiGirl104
Mobile Suit Otaku

Post by KawaiiGirl104 »

There are some really good dubs of anime but this, in my opinion is not one of them. If you listen to Yuki's voice in the subbed version of episode 8 and then in English, they are COMPLETELY different. But Kumagoro is a BUNNY RABBIT!!! He isn't a bear. How can you name a bunny Mr. Bear? That and the voice actors kind of pan out the entire thing. Shuichi doesn't seem as childish in the dub as he does in the subbed version. Tohma's pitch goes off everywhere. I must admit, though, that Kei-san's voice is the only one that actually kind of matches his original pitch.
I like the Bleach, InuYasha, Code Geass, Fruits Basket (I kind of like it now although it's confusing), and Outlaw Star. See, I like some dubs.
Okay, I admit that they got the OVA (not OAV) pretty good but the regular series is not right. They change the dialouge by a lot, use things like Mister where they're supposed to be -san from the subbed. They should have just done what Bleach does and change one word to make it flow a little better.
If that's not good enough reasoning, I don't know what is. I spent ten minutes writing this!
Aiden
Absolute Otaku

Post by Aiden »

Sky-chan wrote:I can't read that at all, Cookie. You should edit that and make it bigger so its readable.
I feel sicker today.... I'm coughing, sneezing, sore throat, headache, stuffed nose, and stomach ache. But I don't have a fever, so I can't go home!
NyQuil, it's the nighttime sniffling, sneezing, coughing, aching, stuffy head, fever, so you can rest medicine.

can you read it now?? good! :]
Cookie wrote:
Sky-chan wrote:Nothing to say? Weird..... But that's just my opinion. And I'm entitled to my opinion on anything, right?
Well, if you're in America..
No.
Your opinion doesn't matter if you're new. Hell your opinion doesn't matter. Period.
@Sky
Sky-chan wrote:Sorry. It's just that on this old website that couldn't be paid for anymore, Vestroia.com, there were so many spammers I couldn't take it anymore! And it seemed like they all picked on me because I knew most of the moderators and administrators. Have you ever felt like that, anybody?
Yes. Fagguts UNITE!
Sky-chan wrote:Well, I've gotten over it and I won't take any bad jokes from anybody. I'm not gonna listen to any of you and just lose my spine. I'm sure that I'll suck-up pretty good on this site. I'm the idiot in tech class.
Fix'd.
Sky-chan wrote:Yeah. And what the heck does rhyme mean? I'm one of the smartest kids in my class but I just don't care all that much about definitions and stuff like that.
Smartest kids in which class? 3rd grade? Wait.. I'm sure 3rd graders know what rhymes are... sorry.
Sky-chan wrote:Gaming Goddess.... If you want to talk about Lady GaGa (and how much you love her...) just say it to yourself in your room. My topic about her is for her haters only. I guess that you really just couldn't read.
Cookie, why do you know Pokerface lyrics?
(How do you wake up Lady GaGa? P-p-p-poke her face, P-p-poke her face)
Woah... WHO LET THE [censored]-A-SAURUS REX OUT OF HER CAGE?!

CAUGHT IN A BAD ROMANCE. WO-O-O-AH-O A-A-A-A-OH OH-OH-OH CAUGHT IN A BAD ROMANCE..
(RAH)² (AH)³ + RO (MA + MAMA) + (GA)² + OOH(LA)²
Gaming Goddess wrote:Sky-chan, lets have some fun. This beat is sick. I wanna take a ride on your disco stick.
GG I [censored] LOVE YOU!! xDD
Last edited by Aiden on Apr 21, 2010 1:09pm, edited 1 time in total.
Grell
Absolute Otaku

Post by Grell »

Why would you name a male cat Princess? Or a giant three headed dog Fluffy? Why does anyone name anything what they do? Its a name, not the great debate of the chicken or the egg. And you know, Kuma means Bear. So it probably has something to do with Ryuichi's eccentricity.

As for the dubs you listed... I can only agree with Outlaw Star. The fact that you listed Inu-Yasha there means that there's some sort of problem. He sounds like a raspy hormonally challenged prepubescent moron, and here you are complaining about Gravitation? As a Gravi fan, I am truly offended.

You know, Mr/Mrs/Ms is a GOOD translation of -san. I don't know why you're complaining about GOOD translations. There are worse out there!

If you want to hear a BAD dub... Go watch One Piece after they started changing the voices every other episode.
Please, I am but a smol potate.

Past Names you'll know its me by: Demyx, Dreaming Awake, Lord Koryu
Hardcore
Absolute Otaku

Post by Hardcore »

That wasn't very nice :(
Aiden
Absolute Otaku

Post by Aiden »

Meh, she deserved it. I don't know how... but it was well deserved. She-man knead luv tew.
Hardcore
Absolute Otaku

Post by Hardcore »

Be nice to the noob, she still visits occasionally, if you scare her off, it's like you're killing AA :( [/overly dramatic]
Aiden
Absolute Otaku

Post by Aiden »

yeah seeing as how all the lame ducks of yester-year died off.. we need all the n00bs we can get.
Baby Duck
Uber Otaku

Post by Baby Duck »

What the hell you got against ducks?
May the mountains rise against you
May the forests block your path
May your axes chip and shatter
And know it is my Wrath
Hardcore
Absolute Otaku

Post by Hardcore »

Baby Duck wrote:What the hell you got against ducks?
BEAT HER UP.