Site Status

Talk about the website, offer suggestions, express opinions, and get help with understanding and using the forums.
Theo
Host Admin
Host Admin

Re: Site Status

Post by Theo »

New look != new outage. For some reason there was an outage today to seemed to happen at exactly the same time I logged into my VMWare manage. Not sure why. This was the only server (virtual server) that was effected. I'm going to look into the reasons a little later tomorrow night.
Theo
Host Admin
Host Admin

Post by Theo »

The server move appears to be completed. You should notice a much faster response time as our bandwidth has increased from < 10mb/sec to 100mb/sec. As always, if you see any technical issues arise, contact me.
Hardcore
Absolute Otaku

Post by Hardcore »

Much faster. o-o
Decisions to decisions are made and not bought, but I thought this wouldn't hurt a lot. I guess not.
Theo
Host Admin
Host Admin

Post by Theo »

Okay. Some of you might have noticed that sometime after 6:00pm PST on Wednesday Feb 9th, that the site went away. Well it didn't. It means that your computer has IPV6 enabled on it (like the default modern linux kernerls, or Windows Vista or 7. I enabled IPV6 on the server since we have the addresses and added the quad A records and tested it from my IPV6 network and everything was peachy. Then the webmaster decided to browse the site around his usually o dark midnight time (that's around 1:14 in the morning for you keeping track of the current o dark midnight time). Anyway, to work around the problem I have disabled the IPV6 records in DNS, so you can now surf during the whitching hour without fairlure again.

Now why did this happen you might ask?I don't exactly know. The impact is pretty big though as the IPV4 should have taken precedence over the IPV6. Maybe it's my DNS server. I will need to do a little more research this weekend.