Site Status

Talk about the website, offer suggestions, express opinions, and get help with understanding and using the forums.
scorpionwarrior
Absolute Otaku

Re: Site Status

Post by scorpionwarrior »

Theo wrote:If what you suggested were used we would have "You pair of crazy wizard-like guys you". In this case, I refer you to the Chewbacca defense.

"Ladies and gentlemen of this supposed jury, Chef's attorney would certainly want you to believe that his client wrote "Stinky Britches" ten years ago. And they make a good case. Hell, I almost felt pity myself! But, ladies and gentlemen of this supposed jury, I have one final thing I want you to consider. Ladies and gentlemen, this is Chewbacca. Chewbacca is a Wookiee from the planet Kashyyyk. But Chewbacca lives on the planet Endor. Now think about it; that does not make sense! Why would a Wookiee, an eight-foot tall Wookiee, want to live on Endor, with a bunch of two-foot tall Ewoks? That does not make sense! But more important, you have to ask yourself: What does this have to do with this case? Nothing. Ladies and gentlemen, it has nothing to do with this case! It does not make sense! Look at me. I'm a lawyer defending a major record company, and I'm talkin' about Chewbacca! Does that make sense? Ladies and gentlemen, I am not making any sense! None of this makes sense! And so you have to remember, when you're in that jury room deliberatin' and conjugatin' the Emancipation Proclamation, does it make sense? No! Ladies and gentlemen of this supposed jury, it does not make sense! If Chewbacca lives on Endor, you must acquit! The defense rests."

In this case, it still doesn't make any sense.
Where's Athos when you need him? he could make sense of that >_>
"The world isn't perfect. But it's there for us, doing the best it can....that's what makes it so damn beautiful." - Roy Mustang

Xbox Gamertag:ScorpionElite27
Jade_Steel_Hawk

Post by Jade_Steel_Hawk »

Ya think so?
"The reason I have such faith in God is because He showed me there is someone I could rely on once I lost faith in humanity."
scorpionwarrior
Absolute Otaku

Not really, I just want to see what he says about it XD
"The world isn't perfect. But it's there for us, doing the best it can....that's what makes it so damn beautiful." - Roy Mustang

Jade_Steel_Hawk

Probably a bunch of big words and abbreviations that no one knows the meaning to. :p
"The reason I have such faith in God is because He showed me there is someone I could rely on once I lost faith in humanity."
SASSZAIN

Post by SASSZAIN »

Hmm, i'll get him!
"You dont have to be alive to make yourself relevant.And you dont have to be a good person to be a hero.You just have to know who you are and stay true to that.So Im going to keep fighting for people the only way I ever knew how"-Vriska Serket
scorpionwarrior
Absolute Otaku

I don't see him >_>. And you forgot about the 3-5 paragraph lines he does Jade XD

Jade_Steel_Hawk

Or more. That's when I don't even attempt to read it, because I know that I won't get his point anyway. Lol. :D
Athos

Post by Athos »

scorpionwarrior wrote:
Theo wrote:If what you suggested were used we would have "You pair of crazy wizard-like guys you". In this case, I refer you to the Chewbacca defense.

"Ladies and gentlemen of this supposed jury, Chef's attorney would certainly want you to believe that his client wrote "Stinky Britches" ten years ago. And they make a good case. Hell, I almost felt pity myself! But, ladies and gentlemen of this supposed jury, I have one final thing I want you to consider. Ladies and gentlemen, this is Chewbacca. Chewbacca is a Wookiee from the planet Kashyyyk. But Chewbacca lives on the planet Endor. Now think about it; that does not make sense! Why would a Wookiee, an eight-foot tall Wookiee, want to live on Endor, with a bunch of two-foot tall Ewoks? That does not make sense! But more important, you have to ask yourself: What does this have to do with this case? Nothing. Ladies and gentlemen, it has nothing to do with this case! It does not make sense! Look at me. I'm a lawyer defending a major record company, and I'm talkin' about Chewbacca! Does that make sense? Ladies and gentlemen, I am not making any sense! None of this makes sense! And so you have to remember, when you're in that jury room deliberatin' and conjugatin' the Emancipation Proclamation, does it make sense? No! Ladies and gentlemen of this supposed jury, it does not make sense! If Chewbacca lives on Endor, you must acquit! The defense rests."

Well this is clearly a reference from Comedy Central's South Park. From the looks of things, this is supposed to be parodying Johnnie Cochran's closing argument in the O.J. Simpson trial.

The last line of Cochran's closing argument [in the O.J. case] was: "If it doesn't fit, you must acquit."

Does that make sense? >.>
Member of the ModSquad 8)
Jade_Steel_Hawk

Athos wrote:
scorpionwarrior wrote:

Well this is clearly a reference from Comedy Central's South Park. From the looks of things, this is supposed to be parodying Johnnie Cochran's closing argument in the O.J. Simpson trial.

The last line of Cochran's closing argument [in the O.J. case] was: "If it doesn't fit, you must acquit."

Does that make sense? >.>
Almost, but not quite. I read the whole thing through, I swear!
Theo
Host Admin
Host Admin

Post by Theo »

Just wikipedia "Chewbacca defense" and stop clogging up my site status thread... This is my place for talking about nothing... :)
Jade_Steel_Hawk

Soz. Please continue. :)
Athos

Post by Athos »

Theo wrote:Just wikipedia "Chewbacca defense" and stop clogging up my site status thread... This is my place for talking about nothing... :)

XD And you haven't replied to my PM :(
SASSZAIN

Post by SASSZAIN »

He wont.

He's theo.
PMs are below him
"You dont have to be alive to make yourself relevant.And you dont have to be a good person to be a hero.You just have to know who you are and stay true to that.So Im going to keep fighting for people the only way I ever knew how"-Vriska Serket
Athos

Post by Athos »

...>.> What about e-mail? XD
SASSZAIN

Post by SASSZAIN »

I havent tried that one!

then again, I dun think I've ever really tried to PM him either..

He's too cool.
Also, we should prolly stop spamming here though...
Athos

Post by Athos »

Ha Sass! In your face! Theo PMed me! XD