Site Status

Talk about the website, offer suggestions, express opinions, and get help with understanding and using the forums.
Mai

re: Site Status

Post by Mai »

Wait, wait, wait..If it is supposed to support any language then how come if it sees japanese it fÂ?cks it up?..Er- is it the "they" that fÂ?cks it up? (Disregard my language...bad bad bad day. -__-)

This is just tooooooo confusing. Wow, like..wow. :shock:
I felt like a race horse in a world without racetracks or a champion college footballer suddenly confronted by Wall Street and a business suit, his days of glory shrunk to a little gold cup on his mantel with a date engraved on it like a tombstone.
Theo
Host Admin
Host Admin

Post by Theo »

That's the problem we are trying to fix :). Not too long ago the databases did not support multilingual format so the application (such as PHPBB -- i.e. the forum application) would convert those special characters to a usable format and save them in the database. This tool time (thus slowing things down). The new servers we built do indeed support the multilingual format in the database but the application doesn't understand this now. We have fixed a few things but others might remain until we can fix this.

But then again, we also upgraded the forum (or I should say Ken did it) and this could also be related to the problem. From a hardware resource side I'm trying to make it faster. From a software side Ken is trying to make it faster. I'm not sure which one broke.

As for the language, you've been warned. Don't make me ban you from my list :).
Mai

Post by Mai »

:-k Sooo it was slowing it down? And you tried to fix it then it won't understand the multilingual format? If I'm right about what ya' said then I think I'm actually understanding this! :shock: Yay! Watch me be like completely wrong... I think technology hates me.-__-

I will totally ban you form my list before you can say "Mai rules" 8)
I felt like a race horse in a world without racetracks or a champion college footballer suddenly confronted by Wall Street and a business suit, his days of glory shrunk to a little gold cup on his mantel with a date engraved on it like a tombstone.
Yami Haga-Ryuzaki
Absolute Otaku

Post by Yami Haga-Ryuzaki »

My computer also see Kanji's as ??'s
I can't PM people with Kanji's in their names because my computer can't read it.

But so far I'm alright with it - It's not a big deal to me - but I'm just telling you.

Also - for some reason, the site randomly squashes itself in on my computer.
So the posts cut themselves in half, forums squish themselves in so only a few letters are visible etc.

Again - I don't know if it's just my computer or if it's the site. I'm just notifying you.

BTW - You're doing a nice job Theo - Very professional ^^
I wish to the starry sky, I pray to the Earth
and swear to a love that will not fade.
Mai

Post by Mai »

He only knows all of this because I taught it all to him. 8) 8) 8) 8)

Oh My GOSH!! When I go into a thread an ad will appear underneath the signature of a random post. Weird.. :shock:

When I go into a thread, it randomly decides to only load up half of it's contents. I just want to read the damned thread!! But nooooooo it hates me and only shows me the ads. Technology must be conspiring agaisnt me :crazy: (Total joke.)
Yami Haga-Ryuzaki
Absolute Otaku

Post by Yami Haga-Ryuzaki »

It's doing that to mine too - the weird advertisement thing
I wish to the starry sky, I pray to the Earth
and swear to a love that will not fade.
Theo
Host Admin
Host Admin

Post by Theo »

Mai,

Give me a link to the page you are having a problem with. I'd like to recreate the error while watching the error log. Sometimes if the error happens in the middle of loading a web page then it will just stop right there. But if this happens, an entry will be put into the log. I can filter on my address and watch it...
Mai

Post by Mai »

It does it randomly. One second the page wont load and when I go back to it, it will load. As for the other problem, with the ad randomly placing it's self over a post or under a post, that's with every thread.

I don't know about the rest of the posters in here but, this is just like a dilema. To be a thread-that-opens-when-you-click-it or not to be.

Totally just ripped off Shakespear. 8)
webmaster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by webmaster »

Can you email or post a screenshot? I would like to see what it looks like.
Cold Revolver
Absolute Otaku

Post by Cold Revolver »

Hey you guys want to know something else? Me old user name Cold_Element was all screwed up and looked like this... Co???_El??ment I just so happened to like that name lol.
Can you find your name?
Amigos list: NickMistaColaJohnAmrayYMBedeMikeTycheAthosCloudTrishMatLust<33GioSerasErikBiki
KarinDretJessKoyue

I am not gay, I'm just colorful Betch! =-]
Pyro Psycho

Post by Pyro Psycho »

Hmm the forum is getting a lot of pop ups also...I just blocked 10 alone o.o....and the advertisements in the threads are new to me..... :-k
i told yuo about stares dog
webmaster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: re: Site Status

Post by webmaster »

Envious_dreamer wrote:Hmm the forum is getting a lot of pop ups also...I just blocked 10 alone o.o....and the advertisements in the threads are new to me..... :-k

The ad after the first post is new. Didn't really want to do it but I need to cover costs. There should be no pop-up ads though. The only pop-ups should be for private message notifications, if you have that option enabled.
Mai

Post by Mai »

webmaster wrote:
Envious_dreamer wrote:Hmm the forum is getting a lot of pop ups also...I just blocked 10 alone o.o....and the advertisements in the threads are new to me..... :-k

The ad after the first post is new. Didn't really want to do it but I need to cover costs. There should be no pop-up ads though. The only pop-ups should be for private message notifications, if you have that option enabled.
Phew! I thought the Ad thing was like not meant to happen...

](*,) \:D/
Mai

Post by Mai »

Theo wrote:Mai,

Give me a link to the page you are having a problem with. I'd like to recreate the error while watching the error log. Sometimes if the error happens in the middle of loading a web page then it will just stop right there. But if this happens, an entry will be put into the log. I can filter on my address and watch it...
What tree are you?

That one just happened. :mrgreen:
Dretlin

Post by Dretlin »

Woo...once again Theo...thx, and inform me once speical guys are safe to use lol thx again. 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
Theo
Host Admin
Host Admin

Post by Theo »

We have three servers serving the forum and for some reason we are seeing some clock drifting. This normally would be a problem BUT what happens is that one server may be a couple minutes into the future and if you post on that server you cannot post on the other because it hits the flood controls of the forum. We have synced the clocks again and will hopefully put a job in place to sync them every hour. This shouldn't be a problem as long as they are all sycned together.