Warnings!

Talk about the website, offer suggestions, express opinions, and get help with understanding and using the forums.
josh
Absolute Otaku

Warnings!

Post by josh »

If a user is breaking a rule I think it is fair that they are warned before any suspending or banning is sentenced. That way, if the user is unaware of breaking a rule, or doesn't know they are stepping over the line they can change their behavior accordingly to comply with the rules. Sounds pretty fair doesn't it? Much more reasonable than just throwing out a ban.

For those that didn't know, I was recently suspended on this forum. For about a month or so...
Luckily, I was warned by a general user of the forum. Not even a moderator. It was Omega, and then warned by webmaster himself on 28/09/2007 9:48 AM.
His warning read this:
webmaster wrote:The Mindless Chit-chat forum is not an excuse to SPAM.
Oh, okay, thats good then. The forum description mislead me, but we get warnings so its okay. But hang on! I was banned before I even had a chance to read these warnings. It's not because I didn't check my inbox, it's because I had already been suspended.

This is my first post after the warnings, so how can the warnings be worth sending if you are not given a chance to read and act upon them?

The point is, moderators need to warn users more frequently when they are posting inappropriately. If they did this, it would stop any unfair bans.
great friends: Jesus Christ. Dragon X. Locke. Ender. Bambi. Russel.
Dretlin

Re: Warnings!

Post by Dretlin »

PMs can hardly put sent to accommodate user’s personal life schedule. That is something that is impossible my friend.

I am just glad to see you. 8)

However you seem to feel you were not given a reasonable amount of time.
josh
Absolute Otaku

Post by josh »

PMs can hardly put sent to accommodate user’s personal life schedule. That is something that is impossible my friend.
++ If I wasn't clear enough that's not what this is about. I was sent a so called warning. However, before I had a chance to read it, before I even had a chance to post somewhere after receiving it I was suspended. My 'personal life schedule' has nothing to do with this.

++ I am glad to be back, and glad to see you :)

++ Yes. I wasn't given a reasonable amount of time to read my 'warning.' :o
Vash
Uber Otaku

Post by Vash »

josh wrote:PMs can hardly put sent to accommodate user’s personal life schedule. That is something that is impossible my friend.
++ If I wasn't clear enough that's not what this is about. I was sent a so called warning. However, before I had a chance to read it, before I even had a chance to post somewhere after receiving it I was suspended. My 'personal life schedule' has nothing to do with this.

++ I am glad to be back, and glad to see you :)

++ Yes. I wasn't given a reasonable amount of time to read my 'warning.' :o
Maybe it's because you have broken the rules and were banned so many times that webmaster did not want to give you time. You have been warnes many times and many times after such a warning you have continued to act against the rules. You can be glad to just have been suspended and not banned for good yet.
Anner <3
\,,/
Captain Jack Sparrow
Absolute Otaku

Post by Captain Jack Sparrow »

I was checking the forum cause I didn't have anything else to at the moment and couldn't help noticing the title.

Josh has a point. Users should have the right to be warned when their acting out of hand. Of course, even if some1 is like spamming like crazy I think they should get a fair warning and maybe they might change.

OF course if they continue to spam after the warning they should just be suspended or banned them depending on the situation or how many times he or she does it.

And of the 'personal life thing'. He also has a point that some people might not be able to get online as much as others to read the warning about his or her's behavior and get suspended without warning.

So in my opinon, the warning thing is a good idea for users, allthough it might lack a response from the users that can't get online most of the time.
(*Bleach 101 ARMY*) Lance-Corporal 兵長 Heichō
Cherry Darling is my awesome AA Sister :pirate:
Mew Vanilla's Personal Bodyguard :]
Bambi = My Pimp >:P Biki and Hikaru. = My Wives ;D
Zack Attack is my Puerto Rican brutha 8)
josh
Absolute Otaku

Post by josh »

Vash, your allegations are false. I've only been banned twice and each time I wasn't warned. If I was I would have heeded to the warning. Your one of the only moderators that have warned me properly:
Vash wrote:This is an official warning. Do not start threads that cause flamewars if intended or not or you will get banned.

This warning has been send to you because of you thread "Flamewar!!". I've moved this thread to Questionable Threads.
The thread was a joke to start with, but after the warning I have never created a thread alike. The fact you said 'if intended or not' is a bit crazy but I can't be bothered going into that lol.

Anyway! My point is, before banning or suspending users they should be warned. I'm hoping my situation is a one off. If it isn't, you guys need to get warnig before recommending bans to webmaster.
Battousai The Manslayer
Absolute Otaku

Post by Battousai The Manslayer »

I agree with josh on this. Users have the right to know what they've been banned or suspended for and why.
Does God Exist?

<>Bleach Club 101<> Squad #5 Captain
Raptor Jesus went extinct for your sins. He is the true messiah.
Vash
Uber Otaku

Post by Vash »

josh wrote:The fact you said 'if intended or not' is a bit crazy but I can't be bothered going into that lol.
Now that I think about it.. it is indeed a bit weird. XD
Anner <3
\,,/
webmaster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by webmaster »

Moderators cannot ban, only I can ban. Sometimes I give warnings, and sometimes I do not, it just depends on the situation (how bad the infraction is, how many previous warnings I have given, etc). I always try to send an email when I ban or suspend, but occasionally I forget (either completely, or forget and accidentally send a PM instead).

Thus, I've recently created a new forum which will list the users I ban and suspend. This way any user can find out why they've been banned/suspended. Of course, everyone else can see it as well, but I think that could be a good thing also.
Hardcore
Absolute Otaku

Post by Hardcore »

You rock, Ken! Excellent idea, too.
Decisions to decisions are made and not bought, but I thought this wouldn't hurt a lot. I guess not.
Hallow
Absolute Otaku

Post by Hallow »

Wait, I warned you? When did that happen? What did I say?
When life gives you lemons you make lemonade, but I say "LEMONS! Screw you life I want some freaking cherries."
I AM CANADIAN
[divinephoenix is my sexy genie]
This sig is owned by [L is my only letter]... She's also my sexy cat girl.
Pennyroyal Tea

Post by Pennyroyal Tea »

Topic locked unless the original use wants to say something else. If so he can pm one of the moderators and they'll unlock it for him.

And P.S it was me who sent you the warning Josh ><
Yeah, you were right about me, but can I get myself out from underneath this guilt that will crush me? in the choir, I saw our sad Messiah he was bored and tired of my laments
He said, "I died for you one time, but never again"
obsolete anime v.2.0
Visitor

Post by obsolete anime v.2.0 »

webmaster, the next time you go on vacation make sure you pick some better mods and not the ones who are more mentioned

thank you
webmaster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by webmaster »

So far I have not had any complaints about the mods I choose.
Dretlin

Post by Dretlin »

webmaster wrote:So far I have not had any complaints about the mods I choose.
Niether have I. Not a single person here has had the sense to even whisper the name of a mod they seem to have an issue with.

I have begging users to PM with there problems, to the extent of which I can help. My inbox is empty.
Hardcore
Absolute Otaku

Post by Hardcore »

+:D.Ř.Ę.Ŧ.Ļ.Ĭ .N:+ wrote:
webmaster wrote:So far I have not had any complaints about the mods I choose.
Niether have I. Not a single person here has had the sense to even whisper the name of a mod they seem to have an issue with.

I have begging users to PM with there problems, to the extent of which I can help. My inbox is empty.
People complain to me all the time.. But mostly it's about me.
My moderating has been insulted several times and I'm clueless why D:
Decisions to decisions are made and not bought, but I thought this wouldn't hurt a lot. I guess not.