AA on AOL or Internet explorer

Talk about the website, offer suggestions, express opinions, and get help with understanding and using the forums.
Aoi Sakuraba
Absolute Otaku

AA on AOL or Internet explorer

Post by Aoi Sakuraba »

Now I have both AOL an Internet Explorer on my computer but I have noticed a great difference between viewing and posting on AA when using AOL when compared to Internet Explorer.

1) On AOL I get a "invalid session, please resubmit form" whenever I go to post, something that has never happened while using Internet Explorer.

2) The rate at which pages load greatly differs between the two browsers even though my AOL has the "topspeed". And in one case will not load the page at all, no matter how long I wait.

I was wondering why is it so much different?
(*Bleach 101 ARMY*) - General 陸軍大将 Rikugun Taishō (****)
Tell me Nana, why isnt forgetting about our mistakes and wounds enough to make them disappear? Even now I keep calling your name. Despite my pain, I'll keep on doing that until you answer me.
Gravy-Train‽
Full Metal Otaku

Re: AA on AOL or Internet explorer

Post by Gravy-Train‽ »

What's AOL?
josh
Absolute Otaku

Post by josh »

The site was probably made to run properly, or better on IE and Mozzila Firefox as they r more popular.
great friends: Jesus Christ. Dragon X. Locke. Ender. Bambi. Russel.
Pennyroyal Tea

Post by Pennyroyal Tea »

It also works fine on Opera. Its because AOL is a complete mess of a browser, the only reason why I ever get invalid sessions is because I was logged out for some silly reason like going somewhere in the middle of a post coming back and being logged out automatically, so that could be the case for you, now I actually suggest either sticking to IE or using Mozilla Firefox as they are much better.

O and I'm moving your topic to the Absolute Anime Website because its a question about the site.
Yeah, you were right about me, but can I get myself out from underneath this guilt that will crush me? in the choir, I saw our sad Messiah he was bored and tired of my laments
He said, "I died for you one time, but never again"
Mik3

Post by Mik3 »

Aol logs me out too, just stick to IE
I remembered my password.
Aoi Sakuraba
Absolute Otaku

Post by Aoi Sakuraba »

I mainly use AOL for e-mail, but I figured I'd bring it up anyway.
Tell me Nana, why isnt forgetting about our mistakes and wounds enough to make them disappear? Even now I keep calling your name. Despite my pain, I'll keep on doing that until you answer me.
webmaster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by webmaster »

I test the site on multiple browsers, but AOL is not one of those because I don't have it installed, and am afraid to install it because I've seen how much it can mess up a computer.
Aoi Sakuraba
Absolute Otaku

Post by Aoi Sakuraba »

AOL hasn't harmed my computer in any way, it just isn't very good for AA and streaming videos
Vash
Uber Otaku

Post by Vash »

Aoi-Chan wrote:AOL hasn't harmed my computer in any way
yet
Anner <3
\,,/
Aoi Sakuraba
Absolute Otaku

Post by Aoi Sakuraba »

Well I've had AOL for years now and everything from 4.0 to 9.0 and it hasn't harmed my computer.
Cold Knows His Shiet
Visitor

Post by Cold Knows His Shiet »

I suggest getting a different ISP... the people who have suggested to you that AOL is shiet are correct. A couple of my friends had it installed on their computers and it slowed their computers down to a crawl, AOL just has way to many corruptible files that can be accessed quite easily, not to mention it is considered by many smart individuals as a virus hiding quietly in a dormant state.

Your best bet would be FireFox.
Vash
Uber Otaku

Post by Vash »

Aoi-Chan wrote:Well I've had AOL for years now and everything from 4.0 to 9.0 and it hasn't harmed my computer.
yet ;)
Anner <3
\,,/
Aoi Sakuraba
Absolute Otaku

Post by Aoi Sakuraba »

I think after 6 or so years that it's safe to say it isn't going to harm my computer
Hallow
Absolute Otaku

Post by Hallow »

AOL is an incredibly large inconvenience.
When life gives you lemons you make lemonade, but I say "LEMONS! Screw you life I want some freaking cherries."
I AM CANADIAN
[divinephoenix is my sexy genie]
This sig is owned by [L is my only letter]... She's also my sexy cat girl.
Pennyroyal Tea

Post by Pennyroyal Tea »

Its inferior. Firefox has extra features like the built in spell checker and its fully customizable. Firefox for the win :)
Yeah, you were right about me, but can I get myself out from underneath this guilt that will crush me? in the choir, I saw our sad Messiah he was bored and tired of my laments
He said, "I died for you one time, but never again"
Hallow
Absolute Otaku

Post by Hallow »

I've never heard of firefox. Could you give me a link to a site with more information on it?
When life gives you lemons you make lemonade, but I say "LEMONS! Screw you life I want some freaking cherries."
I AM CANADIAN
[divinephoenix is my sexy genie]
This sig is owned by [L is my only letter]... She's also my sexy cat girl.