Ghosting: If it's allowed, then why?

Talk about the website, offer suggestions, express opinions, and get help with understanding and using the forums.
Zabo
Mobile Suit Otaku

Ghosting: If it's allowed, then why?

Post by Zabo »

I've been seeing, during my past few days on this forum, that many users here have multiple accounts. This is known as Ghosting, and in many of the places it is frowned upon and also grounds for banning.

Yet, I have a feeling that several people, possibly even moderators, partake of this practice. IF this is true, then why is it allowed when there is such a potential for false representation of other members, or friends of said members?
webmaster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Ghosting: If it's allowed, then why?

Post by webmaster »

I don't think that just having multiple accounts would necessitate banishment, as it's what you do with the accounts that really matters. I have multiple accounts for testing purposes, though that's kind of a special case, so I'd be curious to know why others create multiple accounts.
Zabo
Mobile Suit Otaku

Post by Zabo »

Ah, I see. I was wondering why it wasn't noted in the rulebook. I was just bringing it up out of curiosity, because of previous experiences on other sites. There haven't been any problems aside from some persona games and such which mean no harm. So it's kind of a moot point now. Thanks for the clarification, Webmaster. Lock please.
Dreams

Post by Dreams »

I think people like to make alts because they like to have different personas. On the case of some other forums, I know it's because people want different ranks or usernames... although that's not a problem here, with the ability to change your name.

Anyway... locked upon thread creator's request.
Пуля в сердце, мозг на дверцу...
"For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord." ~Romans 6:23
webmaster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by webmaster »

Dreams wrote:... although that's not a problem here, with the ability to change your name.
Psst... you can't change your name anymore.
Dreams

Post by Dreams »

webmaster wrote:
Dreams wrote:... although that's not a problem here, with the ability to change your name.
Psst... you can't change your name anymore.
Oh... I never use it, so I didn't know. :)
*feels sheepish*
Пуля в сердце, мозг на дверцу...
"For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord." ~Romans 6:23