Agh now this is annoying.

Talk about the website, offer suggestions, express opinions, and get help with understanding and using the forums.
Pennyroyal Tea

Agh now this is annoying.

Post by Pennyroyal Tea »

I don't know if this was a feature that was enabled by default or if the webmaster decided to add it, but you could only quote three people at the same time.
Yeah, you were right about me, but can I get myself out from underneath this guilt that will crush me? in the choir, I saw our sad Messiah he was bored and tired of my laments
He said, "I died for you one time, but never again"
Hallow
Absolute Otaku

Re: Agh now this is annoying.

Post by Hallow »

I don't think that this will bother most people, as most people only quote one person at a time.
When life gives you lemons you make lemonade, but I say "LEMONS! Screw you life I want some freaking cherries."
I AM CANADIAN
[divinephoenix is my sexy genie]
This sig is owned by [L is my only letter]... She's also my sexy cat girl.
webmaster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by webmaster »

Pennyroyal Tea wrote: I don't know if this was a feature that was enabled by default or if the webmaster decided to add it, but you could only quote three people at the same time.
You can only quote three? What happens when you try to quote more than three? I just tested it out and was able to quote ten all the posts that were on a page, which was like ten.
Amray
Uber Otaku

Post by Amray »

Could It Be Because You Have More Rights Than Us?
Hm Hm Hm Ha Ha Ha HA HA HAAA
Dretlin

Post by Dretlin »

Pennyroyal Tea wrote: I don't know if this was a feature that was enabled by default or if the webmaster decided to add it, but you could only quote three people at the same time.
I am also having this problem, it refuses to let me post with more than three. However I have not tried it for awhile.
webmaster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by webmaster »

Amray wrote:Could It Be Because You Have More Rights Than Us?
No, I test with a general user account. More likely has to do with how you're trying to multi-quote or perhaps even what skin or what browser you're using.

Are you multi-quoting by selecting the checkboxes next to the quote buttons and then using the quick reply? Or by selecting the checkboxes and using the regular reply form? Or are you going to the regular reply form first, and then selecting the quotes from the topic preview area? Are you expanding the topic preview area before you start quoting?
Dretlin

Post by Dretlin »

Just clicking on quote and replying through the NON quick reply window.
webmaster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by webmaster »

+:D.Ř.Ę.Ŧ.Ļ.Ĭ .N:+ wrote:Just clicking on quote and replying through the NON quick reply window.
Okay, that's one quote. Then what? Are you selecting the quotes from the topic preview area? Are you expanding the topic preview area before you start quoting? What browser are you using? What skin are you using? What happens when you try to quote more than three posts?
Master InuYasha
Absolute Otaku

Post by Master InuYasha »

I don't have that problem I can quote all of you.
Dretlin

Post by Dretlin »

webmaster wrote:
+:D.Ř.Ę.Ŧ.Ļ.Ĭ .N:+ wrote:Just clicking on quote and replying through the NON quick reply window.
Okay, that's one quote. Then what? Are you selecting the quotes from the topic preview area? Are you expanding the topic preview area before you start quoting? What browser are you using? What skin are you using? What happens when you try to quote more than three posts?
I am not sure what you mean by the different areas.

But - I am using Firefox
And - Skin I am using is "Subsilver2"
And - I get the following error message upabove my post once I try to post it "You may embed only 3 quotes within each other."
webmaster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by webmaster »

#-o Ohhhh, yeah that is new to phpBB3. I thought you were referring to multi-quoting, not quote-nesting. Sorry, I misunderstood. I think it was added to prevent blocks of quotes from getting too big. But I'd say they should just automatically remove the inner most quotes instead of giving you a message and making you do it.
Dretlin

Post by Dretlin »

webmaster wrote:#-o Ohhhh, yeah that is new to phpBB3. I thought you were referring to multi-quoting, not quote-nesting. Sorry, I misunderstood. I think it was added to prevent blocks of quotes from getting too big. But I'd say they should just automatically remove the inner most quotes instead of giving you a message and making you do it.
Any chance of an extension from 3 to perhaps 4?
Bovinagina
Visitor

Post by Bovinagina »

uhm? confused much? stop it. i'd like to understand you guys and i sort of do but not as much as i'd like to.
webmaster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by webmaster »

+:D.Ř.Ę.Ŧ.Ļ.Ĭ .N:+ wrote:
webmaster wrote:#-o Ohhhh, yeah that is new to phpBB3. I thought you were referring to multi-quoting, not quote-nesting. Sorry, I misunderstood. I think it was added to prevent blocks of quotes from getting too big. But I'd say they should just automatically remove the inner most quotes instead of giving you a message and making you do it.
Okay, I have increased it to 4, and also wrote a MOD that will automatically remove the inner most quotes once they exceed the maximum depth.
Dretlin

Post by Dretlin »

webmaster wrote:
+:D.Ř.Ę.Ŧ.Ļ.Ĭ .N:+ wrote:
Okay, I have increased it to 4, and also wrote a MOD that will automatically remove the inner most quotes once they exceed the maximum depth.
Problem solved! :D
Amray
Uber Otaku

Post by Amray »

And Its ALL Thanks To Me! ^_^
Hm Hm Hm Ha Ha Ha HA HA HAAA