Is the foe list supposed to block PMs as well?

Talk about the website, offer suggestions, express opinions, and get help with understanding and using the forums.
Symos
Absolute Otaku

Is the foe list supposed to block PMs as well?

Post by Symos »

Because truth is I still get PMs from people I don't want to talk to.
In an uncaring universe it is up to us to determine our own destinies.
josh
Absolute Otaku

Re: Is the foe list supposed to block PMs as well?

Post by josh »

i hope this isn't my doing
great friends: Jesus Christ. Dragon X. Locke. Ender. Bambi. Russel.
Hallow
Absolute Otaku

Post by Hallow »

It's not your doing.

Now, are you sure that these people are set to your ignore list?
When life gives you lemons you make lemonade, but I say "LEMONS! Screw you life I want some freaking cherries."
I AM CANADIAN
[divinephoenix is my sexy genie]
This sig is owned by [L is my only letter]... She's also my sexy cat girl.
Dretlin

Post by Dretlin »

Symos wrote:Because truth is I still get PMs from people I don't want to talk to.
Hope I'am not one of them T-T

Well the buddy list system is only just running again, I am not sure about blocked PMs at this time.
Symos
Absolute Otaku

Post by Symos »

ah, I see. Well, in the meantime I have found the pm rules thing to delete them on arrival.
In an uncaring universe it is up to us to determine our own destinies.
webmaster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by webmaster »

Symos wrote:Because truth is I still get PMs from people I don't want to talk to.
The User Control Panel says "Foes are users which will be ignored by default. Posts by these users will not be fully visible. Personal messages from foes are still permitted."
So I guess you have to set up a PM filter to auto-delete ones sent by foes.
Aoi Sakuraba
Absolute Otaku

Post by Aoi Sakuraba »

I personally don't see the point of the "foe list" all it will do is make you ignorant to what others say, Yes it alows you to not get stressed/upset/angered.....etc but at the same time others are having a conversation about something a "foe" said and your sitting there like "uhhhh whats going on, whats everyone talking about".

Another thing about it is, obviously there is a reason a person is on that list......you and him/her don't get along. Said person could write something about you in a post and the others on the forum who wont know he's on your foe list could think it's a joke or whatever and he/she gets away with insulting you.

One of my friends used to be on this forum and I remember him telling me about a thread someone made about him that was very wrong and well quite frankly disgusting but because others didn't know that they didn't get along they all thought it was a joke and no one bothered to report it. And this person wasn't even on my friends ignore list (as the foe list is the exact same just new name) imagine what would have come of that if the person was on the ignore list and my friend wouldn't have see the thread.
(*Bleach 101 ARMY*) - General 陸軍大将 Rikugun Taishō (****)
Tell me Nana, why isnt forgetting about our mistakes and wounds enough to make them disappear? Even now I keep calling your name. Despite my pain, I'll keep on doing that until you answer me.
Hallow
Absolute Otaku

Post by Hallow »

Another thing about it is, obviously there is a reason a person is on that list......you and him/her don't get along. Said person could write something about you in a post and the others on the forum who wont know he's on your foe list could think it's a joke or whatever and he/she gets away with insulting you.
I agree with this. Insults could get out of hand if everyone thinks that it's a joke and you can't see them.
When life gives you lemons you make lemonade, but I say "LEMONS! Screw you life I want some freaking cherries."
I AM CANADIAN
[divinephoenix is my sexy genie]
This sig is owned by [L is my only letter]... She's also my sexy cat girl.