Uuuuuumm I Have a Request...

Talk about the website, offer suggestions, express opinions, and get help with understanding and using the forums.
Amray
Uber Otaku

Uuuuuumm I Have a Request...

Post by Amray »

You Don't Have To Webmaster But This Made The Last Forum Site I Was a Part of Fun.

Basically Next To Your Name You Had a Score By Which Indicated How Many People Rated You, and it Had a Number of The Amount of Praises and Negatives You Had and it Equalled Up To One Score. Like People Rated You, Or Vice-Versa, 3 Stars Out of 5 and Your Score Would Grow. A Bit Like Ebay if You Know What I Mean.

It Was a Good Way of Seeing Who Was Popular and Who Wasnt, Like Some People Had -200 or Something Beyond Those Ridiculous Lines, But it Did Add a Whole Different Fun Thing To The Site and it Really Showed What The People Were Really Like, and Also Who Was Poplular and Who Wasn't.

You Can Reject This Idea if You Want, But I Thought That It Was a Cool And Fun Idea To Add in An Active Forum Site.

Thankyou! ^__^
Hm Hm Hm Ha Ha Ha HA HA HAAA
Jade_Steel_Hawk

Re: Uuuuuumm I Have a Request...

Post by Jade_Steel_Hawk »

Lol.
That would be nifty.
"The reason I have such faith in God is because He showed me there is someone I could rely on once I lost faith in humanity."
Master InuYasha
Absolute Otaku

Post by Master InuYasha »

That would be cool
x_Sakura_Haruno_x
Mobile Suit Otaku

Post by x_Sakura_Haruno_x »

That would be a good idea, it would give us a new add-on feature. But I'm not sure phpBB has this feature out, or a MOD for it.
Old name = Kikyou-chan <3
[**Orihime and Tatsuki Club**] - Founder.
Amray
Uber Otaku

Post by Amray »

Oh..

Well I Used To Go Onto a Forum Site That Had This Feature...So it Can Be possible, Right?
Jade_Steel_Hawk

[off topic, sorry-Amray, why do you capitalize every word? I'm just wondering, lol.]

I think it is....here is a link to what I found.
http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=46456
"The reason I have such faith in God is because He showed me there is someone I could rely on once I lost faith in humanity."
Amray
Uber Otaku

Post by Amray »

[Its Just a Habit]

Well Anyway I'm Glad Everyone Likes The Idea. ^__^
webmaster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by webmaster »

I was thinking I would add this feature, but currently there are no stable MODs of this kind for phpBB3. There are one or two in progress, so when they're ready I'll look into installing them.
Jade_Steel_Hawk wrote:I think it is....here is a link to what I found.
http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=46456
That is for phpBB2.
Jade_Steel_Hawk

Oops. I Tried.
Amray
Uber Otaku

Post by Amray »

Thankyou Webmaster! ^_^
The Evil Russell Crowe
Uber Otaku

Post by The Evil Russell Crowe »

My rep is gonna be awesome.
I see a little silhouetto of a man...
Dreams

Post by Dreams »

They use it on the Anipike, and I dislike it because it gets abused for stupid reasons. People give other people negative rep just because they disagree with their opinions, etc.

So I request that if this gets installed, please make sure it comes with the option to turn it off (as you can do on the Anipike as well), because I'd like to disable it.
Пуля в сердце, мозг на дверцу...
"For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord." ~Romans 6:23
Hallow
Absolute Otaku

Post by Hallow »

I think it's a bad idea. I was on a site that had that feature before, and some other user got really mad at me because I didn't believe in god (He was one of those up-tight religious nuts). So he rated me a negative score. He then procceded to make several dozen new accounts for the sole purpose of giving me a negative vote many times (You could only vote once per user). In the end, he made about 47 accounts, all of which he used to vote a negative score on me. I know that he made other accounts because he told me so, and said that it gave him great pleasure to ruin the reputaion of a satan worshiping monster (Apparently, that's what you are if you don't believe in god).

When other users saw this negative score they instantly voted negative for me, even if they didn't know me. They even sent me hate PM's, claiming that I must of been some sort of neo-nazi to get such a score. In the end, I had the lowest score on the site, everybody hated me, and the webmaster banned me, deleted my account, and blocked my IP address. Why did the webmaster do this? Well, it turns out that the reason why people thought I was a neo-nazi was because that guy that made 47 accounts in order to vote me negative many times started telling people that I was a neo-nazi (which of course, I wasn't). People belived this due to the fact that I had a low score, so they gave me a lower score and told the webmaster about how I was an evil monster that was posting links to satanic sites and made death threats to other users. That's how I got banned.

Just so you know, that all happened in the course of 6 days.
When life gives you lemons you make lemonade, but I say "LEMONS! Screw you life I want some freaking cherries."
I AM CANADIAN
[divinephoenix is my sexy genie]
This sig is owned by [L is my only letter]... She's also my sexy cat girl.
Amray
Uber Otaku

Post by Amray »

That's Pretty Pathetic..

But It Doesn't Mean it Will Happen Here Too, Think Positive. ^_^
Anyway if The Webmaster Thinks He Has Made a Bad Decision Then He Can Always Modify it, Right?
Commander Sparx
Absolute Otaku

Post by Commander Sparx »

Hallow Ichigo wrote:I think it's a bad idea. I was on a site that had that feature before, and some other user got really mad at me because I didn't believe in god (He was one of those up-tight religious nuts). So he rated me a negative score. He then procceded to make several dozen new accounts for the sole purpose of giving me a negative vote many times (You could only vote once per user). In the end, he made about 47 accounts, all of which he used to vote a negative score on me. I know that he made other accounts because he told me so, and said that it gave him great pleasure to ruin the reputaion of a satan worshiping monster (Apparently, that's what you are if you don't believe in god).

When other users saw this negative score they instantly voted negative for me, even if they didn't know me. They even sent me hate PM's, claiming that I must of been some sort of neo-nazi to get such a score. In the end, I had the lowest score on the site, everybody hated me, and the webmaster banned me, deleted my account, and blocked my IP address. Why did the webmaster do this? Well, it turns out that the reason why people thought I was a neo-nazi was because that guy that made 47 accounts in order to vote me negative many times started telling people that I was a neo-nazi (which of course, I wasn't). People belived this due to the fact that I had a low score, so they gave me a lower score and told the webmaster about how I was an evil monster that was posting links to satanic sites and made death threats to other users. That's how I got banned.

Just so you know, that all happened in the course of 6 days.
Oh my word, that is so Feeble and Pitiable. sound like a load of assholes, :lol: .

Anyway, my thought was along these lines, I thought someone like **** might start going around rating people negative for noting. It could become a problem. But these will not happen only if under good control. becuase i know a site called Anime Online and they have it undercontrol. (Well i think they do.)
Commander Sparx from Planet Delta First commando of the Central base, Long live the Sliver Blades!
Amray
Uber Otaku

Post by Amray »

Someone Like ****. Yeah I Hear You! 8)