Hi There, Friendly Nav Bar...

Talk about the website, offer suggestions, express opinions, and get help with understanding and using the forums.
Dreams

Hi There, Friendly Nav Bar...

Post by Dreams »

The AA navigation bar is stuck on my screen now when I use the forum. Just last week, once I'd login to the forum, it would be removed completely. But now I can't get it to go away. If I click on "hide this navigation bar", it just comes back when I move to another page on the forum. And clicking the auto-hide doesn't seem to make a difference, either.

No offense, but when I come to the forum, I just come here to use the forum. When I need to look up stuff on the AA site, I go directly to the site. The nav bar is just irritating when all I'm here for is to post on the boards.

Is there a reason it's suddenly staying there? Or is there a way to get the "hide" feature to work for more than one page?
Пуля в сердце, мозг на дверцу...
"For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord." ~Romans 6:23
webmaster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Hi There, Friendly Nav Bar...

Post by webmaster »

The site uses a cookie to remember what state you have the nav bar in, whether it be on visible, hidden, or auto. So it sounds like there might be something wrong with the way the cookie is being saved or read. Do you have cookies enabled? What browser are you using? Can you view your cookies to see what the value is? The cookie name is "sidebar", and value would be either "opened" or "closed". There is also one called "sidebar-lock" which would be "0" or "1".
Hallow
Absolute Otaku

Post by Hallow »

This might help: I've noticed that the nav bar goes away in the ClassicAA stlye.
When life gives you lemons you make lemonade, but I say "LEMONS! Screw you life I want some freaking cherries."
I AM CANADIAN
[divinephoenix is my sexy genie]
This sig is owned by [L is my only letter]... She's also my sexy cat girl.
Dreams

Post by Dreams »

webmaster wrote:Do you have cookies enabled? What browser are you using?
Yeah, I've got AA added to my "allow" list. Hehehe... if I didn't have cookies enabled, IE would log me out of the forum as soon as I refreshed the page. The bar problem isn't happening in Firefox or Opera, but IE is my default browser that I sadly adore.
Hallow Ichigo wrote:This might help: I've noticed that the nav bar goes away in the ClassicAA stlye.
AHAH! This works. Not only for the Classic AA style, but when I change it to Prosilver, the bar goes away.
Don't know why it's doing it on the default AA style, but now I know how to deal with it. Thank you. :)
"For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord." ~Romans 6:23
webmaster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by webmaster »

Dreams wrote:AHAH! This works. Not only for the Classic AA style, but when I change it to Prosilver, the bar goes away.
Don't know why it's doing it on the default AA style, but now I know how to deal with it. Thank you. :)
Default AA style is the only one that has the side navigation bar. If you're having a problem then I'm sure other people are having a problem with it too, so I'd like to find out why. Which version of IE are you using? Do you have JavaScript enabled?
Hallow
Absolute Otaku

Post by Hallow »

I think that it does have to do with the version of IE being used. You see, when I log on at school, I see the nav bar until I get logged in (It's set to the default stlye until log in). When I go on at home, there is no nav bar at all.

So I ask you this: How do I find out what version of IE is being used?
When life gives you lemons you make lemonade, but I say "LEMONS! Screw you life I want some freaking cherries."
I AM CANADIAN
x_Sakura_Haruno_x
Mobile Suit Otaku

Post by x_Sakura_Haruno_x »

Hallow Ichigo wrote:I think that it does have to do with the version of IE being used. You see, when I log on at school, I see the nav bar until I get logged in (It's set to the default stlye until log in). When I go on at home, there is no nav bar at all.

So I ask you this: How do I find out what version of IE is being used?
Well, whenever I use FireFox (Mozilla) all I click on is "About Mozilla FireFox" So I am sure IE has this same button as well, I quit using IE for along time, so I am not sure. It tells me what version I am using, etc.

Edit: It should be under the help section where you see.. File, Edit, View, History, Bookmarks, Tools, Help. Click on help and then see if IE has it where you see what version you are using. It would be called," About Internet Explorer"
Last edited by x_Sakura_Haruno_x on Jan 23, 2008 10:21am, edited 1 time in total.
Old name = Kikyou-chan <3
[**Orihime and Tatsuki Club**] - Founder.
Amray
Uber Otaku

Post by Amray »

Can't You Just Click on "Hide This Navigation Bar" On The Top of It.
Thats What I Do.
Hm Hm Hm Ha Ha Ha HA HA HAAA
Hallow
Absolute Otaku

Post by Hallow »

You're right, it does.

Ok, the version of IE my school has is 6.0.2900.2180

I'll check what version I have at home when I get home.
I AM CANADIAN
webmaster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by webmaster »

Go to the "Help" menu, then choose "About Internet Explorer". If you changed your style at home to something other than the default style, then you won't see the navbar. It only shows up on the default style.
x_Sakura_Haruno_x
Mobile Suit Otaku

Post by x_Sakura_Haruno_x »

Isn't IE7 the latest one?
Old name = Kikyou-chan <3
[**Orihime and Tatsuki Club**] - Founder.
Hallow
Absolute Otaku

Post by Hallow »

x_Sakura_Haruno_x wrote:Isn't IE7 the latest one?
I believe it is.
I AM CANADIAN
Dreams

Post by Dreams »

webmaster wrote: Default AA style is the only one that has the side navigation bar. If you're having a problem then I'm sure other people are having a problem with it too, so I'd like to find out why. Which version of IE are you using? Do you have JavaScript enabled?
It's IE 7, but I have all the Windows Update stuff constantly downloading, so whether or not patches and updates for IE have been installed, I can't remember. Probably.

And I definitely have JavaScript enabled.