It is about time AA gets a new chat room

Talk about the website, offer suggestions, express opinions, and get help with understanding and using the forums.
x_Sakura_Haruno_x
Mobile Suit Otaku

It is about time AA gets a new chat room

Post by x_Sakura_Haruno_x »

It's time we get a new chat room, I mean I like the chat room now, but 123FlashChat is even better. (http://www.123flashchat.com) because when people get banned they can always find a way back in when they get banned by chat or IP address. Like use proxies, etc. And if the webmaster would get this new chat software he would be able to control the bans himself. Like say, userA got banned from chatroomB So that user wouldn't be able to come back into that chatroom for a day or more depending on what they do. This would also be more user friendly to use, it is just like FlashChat. And the mods can still be mods of the chatrooms and forums of course. But thing is, I don't know if they have the phpBB3 MOD out for that yet. It would be installed just like the old chat is now.
Old name = Kikyou-chan <3
[**Orihime and Tatsuki Club**] - Founder.
webmaster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: It is about time AA gets a new chat room

Post by webmaster »

x_Sakura_Haruno_x wrote:It's time we get a new chat room, I mean I like the chat room now, but 123FlashChat is even better. (http://www.123flashchat.com) because when people get banned they can always find a way back in when they get banned by chat or IP address. Like use proxies, etc. And if the webmaster would get this new chat software he would be able to control the bans himself. Like say, userA got banned from chatroomB So that user wouldn't be able to come back into that chatroom for a day or more depending on what they do. This would also be more user friendly to use, it is just like FlashChat. And the mods can still be mods of the chatrooms and forums of course. But thing is, I don't know if they have the phpBB3 MOD out for that yet. It would be installed just like the old chat is now.
If you're willing to donate the $199 it costs, then I'm willing to set it up.
Amray
Uber Otaku

Post by Amray »

Hahahaha.

Their Really is No Point , It's Fine as it is.
Hm Hm Hm Ha Ha Ha HA HA HAAA
Jamie Madrox
Dragon Master Otaku

Post by Jamie Madrox »

yea i like the chat....besides if you banned then you shouldn't be allowed to come back

right?
most nights i lie awake in bed... gazing upon the stars.
untill i realize and wonder....?
where the hell is my roof???
Hallow
Absolute Otaku

Post by Hallow »

The chat is fine as it is.
When life gives you lemons you make lemonade, but I say "LEMONS! Screw you life I want some freaking cherries."
I AM CANADIAN
[divinephoenix is my sexy genie]
This sig is owned by [L is my only letter]... She's also my sexy cat girl.
The Evil Russell Crowe
Uber Otaku

Post by The Evil Russell Crowe »

Yeah, it's fine as it is.
I see a little silhouetto of a man...
Hardcore
Absolute Otaku

Post by Hardcore »

Amray wrote:Hahahaha.

Their Really is No Point , It's Fine as it is.
The first time I thought I'd say this
I agree with Amray :o
Decisions to decisions are made and not bought, but I thought this wouldn't hurt a lot. I guess not.
Mai

Post by Mai »

I'd donate. 'Bout time I did donate to this place. Its been years. :-k
I felt like a race horse in a world without racetracks or a champion college footballer suddenly confronted by Wall Street and a business suit, his days of glory shrunk to a little gold cup on his mantel with a date engraved on it like a tombstone.
x_Sakura_Haruno_x
Mobile Suit Otaku

Post by x_Sakura_Haruno_x »

Mai wrote:I'd donate. 'Bout time I did donate to this place. Its been years. :-k
Donating would help, but I don't think we need that type of a chatroom anymore. Maybe it is time we move onto something other than FlashChat.I don't know any other websites that are good.
Old name = Kikyou-chan <3
[**Orihime and Tatsuki Club**] - Founder.
Mai

Post by Mai »

Well not ever just donating to the Chatroom, but the forum in general. If 10 users donated 5 dollars, then that's $50. Or 20 donated 2 dollars, then that's $40. Even if it's just to the servers or whatever. It'd help. I guess. :|
I felt like a race horse in a world without racetracks or a champion college footballer suddenly confronted by Wall Street and a business suit, his days of glory shrunk to a little gold cup on his mantel with a date engraved on it like a tombstone.
Dretlin

Post by Dretlin »

Mai wrote:Well not ever just donating to the Chatroom, but the forum in general. If 10 users donated 5 dollars, then that's $50. Or 20 donated 2 dollars, then that's $40.
No its not thats maths :|

8) 8) 8) 8)

I think its best just to work with the chat we have at the mo.
Pennyroyal Tea

Post by Pennyroyal Tea »

There is honestly no point, not just because of the cost of it, because of the fact that most people don't even use the chat, the most you'll have is maybe four to ten people at a time and even then most of them just sorta lurk around.

So I don't think that it should even be up for consideration until more people start using it.
Yeah, you were right about me, but can I get myself out from underneath this guilt that will crush me? in the choir, I saw our sad Messiah he was bored and tired of my laments
He said, "I died for you one time, but never again"
Jade_Steel_Hawk

Post by Jade_Steel_Hawk »

Even so-that's a lot of money for a chat room, even if it WAS used by more people. I find nothing wrong with the one we currently have.
"The reason I have such faith in God is because He showed me there is someone I could rely on once I lost faith in humanity."
SASSZAIN

Post by SASSZAIN »

There are definately some tweeks that our current chattroom needs, But lets look back. The chat before this one, was sad, IMO. I couldn't ever even connect and talk to another person. The new chat is isntant.

Also, This forum isnt really all about the Chat, Its all about the forums, and the info in them. That's why I'm here anyways, I think the Chat is just an added bonus.. Thats all. Working to upgrade the chat, IMO shouldn't be a mojor project, ever, It should just be a side thing. thats about all i have to say..

I'm outty.
"You dont have to be alive to make yourself relevant.And you dont have to be a good person to be a hero.You just have to know who you are and stay true to that.So Im going to keep fighting for people the only way I ever knew how"-Vriska Serket