terrible moderating, abuse of power

Talk about the website, offer suggestions, express opinions, and get help with understanding and using the forums.
Raoul Duke
Absolute Otaku
Posts: 1839
Joined: Jan 22, 2005 1:29am
Location: Down-under.

terrible moderating, abuse of power

Post by Raoul Duke »

Before I say what I have to say, keep in mind I'm expressing my opinions on the site. That is what this forum is about. I'm not by any means attacking all mods. Just illuminating some issues.

Moderator abuse of power: to me, this is defined not only by the weilding of moderator abilities not only when they aren't necessary, but where personal feelings come into play.

Take for example, Nelly's recent issuing of a warning to me, for saying this:



Raoul Duke wrote:Rofl. Fangirl. They "saved" you? LMFAO!
http://www.absoluteanime.com/forum/view ... 3#p1141233

Shouldn't moderators be a little more judicious with their use of such bans? Otherwise they become meaningless. Giving them out willy nilly for poor, personal reasons, or for no reason at all, makes them meaningless.

You can also see the whole sarcastic, "btw, congrats Locke, one bar :)" comment, obviously trying to get a reaction from me.

What do you think? terrible unfair moderating?

My opinion is 95% of the mods and their actions are good. The other 5% must be addressed.
User avatar
Dretlin
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 2898
Joined: Oct 29, 2004 8:00am
Gender: Male
Location: Scotland

Re: terrible moderating, abuse of power

Post by Dretlin »

You should not have said anything, after the action, in the topic in question. That descredits you my friend.

Mhhh when people are as passionate about your opinion as you are, other users find it hard to absorb. You can not disagree with that can you Locke?

Well if you have an issue, do not fret it shall be raised with probably all of the mods, as one action is really part of us all.

However I feel Nelly is also a very senseable mod.
Commander Sparx
Absolute Otaku
Posts: 1834
Joined: Jan 07, 2007 11:26am
Gender: Female
Location: Planet Delta

Re: terrible moderating, abuse of power

Post by Commander Sparx »

I agree there is one Moderator in particular; the every one Locke is talking about. Also the very Moderator who has been acting defectively will lock this tread because Locke has stated the truth.
Raoul Duke wrote:


What do you think? terrible unfair moderating?

My opinion is 95% of the mods and their actions are good. The other 5% must be addressed.
I agree It is as what you say terrible unfair moderating. It also sounds as if She tryed to get a reaction to warn you. witch is also very unfair.
Commander Sparx from Planet Delta First commando of the Central base, Long live the Sliver Blades!
Amray
Uber Otaku
Posts: 875
Joined: Mar 09, 2007 1:28am
Gender: Male
Location: England

Re: terrible moderating, abuse of power

Post by Amray »

I Think That Her Temper is 'Way' Too Small.

If I Swear Once it Chat, She Swears At Me For Doing it..Which Isn't Really Setting an Example.
If I Make One Little Joke About Yuri or Something She Goes Absolute Aggro, But Then When She Jokes About Me Saying That I'm Gay or Racist Then By Her Standards is Absolutely 'Fine'!

So Basically We Are Doing Exactly The Same Thing Exept She Has More Power Over Me, Which is Pretty Unfair I think.

Just Saying..
Hm Hm Hm Ha Ha Ha HA HA HAAA
Commander Sparx
Absolute Otaku
Posts: 1834
Joined: Jan 07, 2007 11:26am
Gender: Female
Location: Planet Delta

Re: terrible moderating, abuse of power

Post by Commander Sparx »

I was there Amray, it was bad, [-X.
Commander Sparx from Planet Delta First commando of the Central base, Long live the Sliver Blades!
User avatar
Hardcore
Absolute Otaku
Posts: 3604
Joined: Jun 23, 2007 7:08pm
Gender: Female
Location: Ohio

Re: terrible moderating, abuse of power

Post by Hardcore »

What is this, a petition?
Anyways, Locke. I wasn't trying to get a reaction. I didn't even know WHY I typed that, and sorry if it offended you, I doubt it did but still.
You were being way too cruel with Evelyn. And I'm not treating her specially. I'd take that action if you did that to any user. Why would you bash a user for having a different opinion than yours?

It's a little low of you.

Sparx you didn't address any names, but I'm going to "assume" that it is me. And trust me. I wont delete this thread until everything is settled.

And Amray. Jesus Christ drop it already. I didnt even yell at you for swearing, it was Bede that I yelled at. And it's because he keeps going and going and going.
One little joke? HA! That's all you talk about. And you get explicit with it.

Sign up to the adult hideaway, and go to hentai discussions. You're 17, it's legal.



-Anyways. Back to you Locke.
I believe I did not act unfairly, but I did blow it out of proportion. I apologize for the snide remark, about the bar. But you seriously need to stop offending people. It's getting rather hurtful to them. You may think that's stupid but it's the truth.

And thats all I have to say for now.
Decisions to decisions are made and not bought, but I thought this wouldn't hurt a lot. I guess not.
User avatar
Evelyn
Ramen Slurping Otaku
Posts: 48
Joined: Jan 23, 2008 1:03pm
Gender: Female

Re: terrible moderating, abuse of power

Post by Evelyn »

Raoul, Sam did that because you were stepping way out of line, you are randomly insulting me and my choice of music. Opinions are not a bad thing, they are very good things and they state who you are as a person but when you go as far as to start insulting people and their opinions, well, you should just stop there. I don't think Nelly is a bad mod, I am her best friend in real life and she still tells me if I am doing something wrong. I really do think you need to grow up, love. =/
HELLO! Look at me. HELLO! I am so ZEN. This is BLOOD. This is NOTHING. Hello. Everything is nothing, and it’s so cool to be ENLIGHTENED. Like me.
Commander Sparx
Absolute Otaku
Posts: 1834
Joined: Jan 07, 2007 11:26am
Gender: Female
Location: Planet Delta

Re: terrible moderating, abuse of power

Post by Commander Sparx »

I misunderstood the point, by means that I didn’t read all sides of the story. I would say what my opinion now, but I would only certainly get flamed.
Commander Sparx from Planet Delta First commando of the Central base, Long live the Sliver Blades!
The Evil Russell Crowe
Uber Otaku
Posts: 661
Joined: Sep 18, 2007 4:26pm
Gender: Male
Location: Wembley '86
Contact:

Re: terrible moderating, abuse of power

Post by The Evil Russell Crowe »

This is gold. :)
I see a little silhouetto of a man...
Mik3
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 593
Joined: Nov 08, 2006 6:12am
Gender: Male
Location: Philly
Contact:

Re: terrible moderating, abuse of power

Post by Mik3 »

This isnt kindergarten. Were not here to hold your hand while you cross the street.

At the same time, if youre going to enter a thread made for fans of ANYTHING. Realise, its not a debate thread. Don't make fun for their choice of words, or their tastes.

I wouldn't punish ya for saying that Raoul, same time, don't do it where its missapropriate.


Nelly does a fantastic job, some of us are pretty pleased with the work she does here, not speaking for everyone though, but at least me and people that have talked to me.
I remembered my password.
Amray
Uber Otaku
Posts: 875
Joined: Mar 09, 2007 1:28am
Gender: Male
Location: England

Re: terrible moderating, abuse of power

Post by Amray »

Thats Not Fair.
Hm Hm Hm Ha Ha Ha HA HA HAAA
Mik3
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 593
Joined: Nov 08, 2006 6:12am
Gender: Male
Location: Philly
Contact:

Re: terrible moderating, abuse of power

Post by Mik3 »

Nelly looks like shes just doing whaty shes supposed to do. Just because they made a lil thread complaining doesn't change the fact they went inside a fan based thread with ill intention. I don't care who you know and don't know, but its stupid to knock someones tastes.
I remembered my password.
Amray
Uber Otaku
Posts: 875
Joined: Mar 09, 2007 1:28am
Gender: Male
Location: England

Re: terrible moderating, abuse of power

Post by Amray »

No Not That.
I Ran Out of Doritos.
Hm Hm Hm Ha Ha Ha HA HA HAAA
Mik3
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 593
Joined: Nov 08, 2006 6:12am
Gender: Male
Location: Philly
Contact:

Re: terrible moderating, abuse of power

Post by Mik3 »

What the hell are you doing typing about it. Run fast and get more.
I remembered my password.
User avatar
Hardcore
Absolute Otaku
Posts: 3604
Joined: Jun 23, 2007 7:08pm
Gender: Female
Location: Ohio

Re: terrible moderating, abuse of power

Post by Hardcore »

Mik3 wrote:Nelly looks like shes just doing whaty shes supposed to do. Just because they made a lil thread complaining doesn't change the fact they went inside a fan based thread with ill intention. I don't care who you know and don't know, but its stupid to knock someones tastes.
This thread actually doesn't bother me. (: It's opinionated.

Like I said earlier. The only thing I'M sorry for is the taunt. And it'll remain that way.

Yami-Haga Ryuzaki said that Raoul Duke(Locke) only likes people who share the same opinions with him.

And I agree with that statement 100%
He bashed the user:Evelyn for liking a band. It kind of upset me.

Yes. I know her in person. But AGAIN I would've done that for any user. :)
Decisions to decisions are made and not bought, but I thought this wouldn't hurt a lot. I guess not.
Raoul Duke
Absolute Otaku
Posts: 1839
Joined: Jan 22, 2005 1:29am
Location: Down-under.

Re: terrible moderating, abuse of power

Post by Raoul Duke »

Nelly wrote:
Mik3 wrote:Nelly looks like shes just doing whaty shes supposed to do. Just because they made a lil thread complaining doesn't change the fact they went inside a fan based thread with ill intention. I don't care who you know and don't know, but its stupid to knock someones tastes.
This thread actually doesn't bother me. (: It's opinionated.

Like I said earlier. The only thing I'M sorry for is the taunt. And it'll remain that way.

Yami-Haga Ryuzaki said that Raoul Duke(Locke) only likes people who share the same opinions with him.

And I agree with that statement 100%
He bashed the user:Evelyn for liking a band. It kind of upset me.

Yes. I know her in person. But AGAIN I would've done that for any user. :)
I didn't bash HER for LIKING the band. I expressed my opinion of their lyrics.

Then I laughed in amazement, by typing, "Lmfao" at how the band had "saved her", interested as to her explanation.


What you're doing is painting a false picture as to what occurred, and then attacking that picture, instead of addressing what actually happened. Read the thread properly. You're being immature.
Post Reply