Swearing. Censorship.

Talk about the website, offer suggestions, express opinions, and get help with understanding and using the forums.
Raoul Duke
Absolute Otaku

Swearing. Censorship.

Post by Raoul Duke »

I think the big C-bomb needs to be put on the censored list.

Personally it doesn't offend me at all, but a gag of mine came undone when the word got through undetected. What I was aiming for was a post filled to the brim with nonsensical "[censored]" 's, largely to illustrate and satirise the ridiculousness of a certain member's notion that a certain comment was "flame-bait" (which of course I largely achieved)

...just that one word slipped past the radar and landed me with another yellow card. For which, incidentally, there is cause to object, - least of all because I had already been given one in error.

PS: make an acronym of this if you don't know which word I am talking about: Cant Understand Normal Thinking.
Dretlin

Re: Swearing. Censorship.

Post by Dretlin »

Ignorance is no excuse.

If you had done say posted this thread first or deleted/edited your post in question, I would probably take you more seriously.

However your post did show that needs to be addressed - quickly.
Raoul Duke
Absolute Otaku

Post by Raoul Duke »

In case you didn't realise I'm not contesting the yellow -- I don't care at all, it means nothing.

I do find it inconsistent however, that I am punished for "pathetic language", which was accidental (in that I ignorantly assumed it would automatically be censored) whilst others actually do flame each other within that very thread -

"idiot get the [censored] out" et cetera.

Guess you didn't care about those?
Dretlin

Post by Dretlin »

Raoul Duke wrote:In case you didn't realise I'm not contesting the yellow -- I don't care at all, it means nothing.

I do find it inconsistent however, that I am punished for "pathetic language", which was accidental (in that I ignorantly assumed it would automatically be censored) whilst others actually do flame each other within that very thread -

Your first "yellow card" is not in question. Well, this is your "first" one I suppose.

You should have edtied your post, but you didnt. You left it and mentioned it a second time, again without editing it. [-X

Not on my friend [-X
Raoul Duke
Absolute Otaku

Post by Raoul Duke »

+:D.Ř.Ę.Ŧ.Ļ.Ĭ .N:+ wrote:
Raoul Duke wrote:In case you didn't realise I'm not contesting the yellow -- I don't care at all, it means nothing.

Your first "yellow card" is not in question. Well, this is your "first" one I suppose.

You should have edtied your post, but you didnt. You left it and mentioned it a second time, again without editing it. [-X

Not on my friend [-X
As I have said, this is irrelevant to this thread. Stay on topic.
Aoi Sakuraba
Absolute Otaku

Post by Aoi Sakuraba »

It is odd that it wasn't on the censored list seeing as it's one of the most offensive words in the English language
(*Bleach 101 ARMY*) - General 陸軍大将 Rikugun Taishō (****)
Tell me Nana, why isnt forgetting about our mistakes and wounds enough to make them disappear? Even now I keep calling your name. Despite my pain, I'll keep on doing that until you answer me.
Dretlin

Post by Dretlin »

Raoul Duke wrote:
+:D.Ř.Ę.Ŧ.Ļ.Ĭ .N:+ wrote:

Not on my friend [-X
As I have said, this is irrelevant to this thread. Stay on topic.
Your offence is directly related to this suggestion. [-X

I would like to few the filters and suggest new additions. Webmaster?
Commander Sparx
Absolute Otaku

Post by Commander Sparx »

Simple errors can be made with simplicity. However what I find peculiar is how Raoul Duke got a warning from swearing, I mean don’t the Moderators tell you to stop but then if you persist the yellow card is then given.

Which Mod gave the yellow card?
Commander Sparx from Planet Delta First commando of the Central base, Long live the Sliver Blades!
Dretlin

Post by Dretlin »

Commander Sparx wrote:Simple errors can be made with simplicity. However what I find peculiar is how Raoul Duke got a warning from swearing, I mean don’t the Moderators tell you to stop but then if you persist the yellow card is then given.

Which Mod gave the yellow card?
I gave out that yellow card.
webmaster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by webmaster »

Commander Sparx wrote:Simple errors can be made with simplicity. However what I find peculiar is how Raoul Duke got a warning from swearing, I mean don’t the Moderators tell you to stop but then if you persist the yellow card is then given.
Depends on the situation. In this case, the user has been around long enough to know what they were doing was not appropriate.
Commander Sparx
Absolute Otaku

Post by Commander Sparx »

True.
Commander Sparx from Planet Delta First commando of the Central base, Long live the Sliver Blades!
Why am I Here
Visitor

Post by Why am I Here »

Yeah, I understand that.
Should've been obvious to him that he would get a warning for it.
Dretlin

Post by Dretlin »

Why am I Here wrote:Yeah, I understand that.
Should've been obvious to him that he would get a warning for it.
Should I say your name and get it over with?

I can check your IP... :lol:
Me and Dretlin are an Item
Visitor

Post by Me and Dretlin are an Item »

Haha.
Try it Buddy! 8)
Dretlin

Post by Dretlin »

I think this topic has served its purpose, wotta think Amray?