Forum Performance Poll

Talk about the website, offer suggestions, express opinions, and get help with understanding and using the forums.

Is the board running faster since the hardware upgrade on 4/15/2008?

Poll ended at May 18, 2008 11:34am

Yes
45%
Hell Yeah
36%
No
9%
It's slower than before
No votes
There was an upgrade?
9%

Total votes: 11

Theo
Host Admin
Host Admin

Forum Performance Poll

Post by Theo »

Here's you chance to win an exciting learning experience on how to vote...
scorpionwarrior
Absolute Otaku

Re: Forum Performance Poll

Post by scorpionwarrior »

I'd like to say "There was an upgrade?" but I was trying to get on when you were changing it over XD so I noticed. But yeah I haven't ran into any lag whatsoever yet.
"The world isn't perfect. But it's there for us, doing the best it can....that's what makes it so damn beautiful." - Roy Mustang

Xbox Gamertag:ScorpionElite27
SASSZAIN

Post by SASSZAIN »

Indeed, it has increased speed.

I'm torrenting right now, and my bandwidth is like dialup now. AA is the only site that loads worth a crap xD.
"You dont have to be alive to make yourself relevant.And you dont have to be a good person to be a hero.You just have to know who you are and stay true to that.So Im going to keep fighting for people the only way I ever knew how"-Vriska Serket
The Evil Russell Crowe
Uber Otaku

Post by The Evil Russell Crowe »

Yes, yes it has.
I see a little silhouetto of a man...
josh
Absolute Otaku

Post by josh »

I think I noticed a slight increase in speed after the change, but nothing too memorable. The board has always been running smooth and fast for me (well as fast as australian internet goes anyway!).
great friends: Jesus Christ. Dragon X. Locke. Ender. Bambi. Russel.
º-Tenshi_Karasu-º

Post by º-Tenshi_Karasu-º »

i noticed an increase of speed but it also freezes and has other small flaws that i noticed
º-Tenshi_Karasu-º - 天使 烏
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r147 ... karasu.jpg -Yep this is TK

"Yes...Nothing says evil quite like womany eyeliner..." -YGO Abridged
Theo
Host Admin
Host Admin

Post by Theo »

Can you elaborate on the flaws and where it freezes (and how long it freezes for).
SASSZAIN

Post by SASSZAIN »

Now that I've been made observant to more issues..

I've noticed that the pages never seem to finish loading.. Like.. Everything will be there, just, that, my browser keeps saying its still loading stuff.
"You dont have to be alive to make yourself relevant.And you dont have to be a good person to be a hero.You just have to know who you are and stay true to that.So Im going to keep fighting for people the only way I ever knew how"-Vriska Serket
Amray
Uber Otaku

Post by Amray »

It's all good.
Hm Hm Hm Ha Ha Ha HA HA HAAA
webmaster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by webmaster »

SASSZAIN wrote:Now that I've been made observant to more issues..

I've noticed that the pages never seem to finish loading.. Like.. Everything will be there, just, that, my browser keeps saying its still loading stuff.
I've had that happen before. Try clearing the browser cache and running CCleaner.
SASSZAIN

Post by SASSZAIN »

webmaster wrote:
SASSZAIN wrote:Now that I've been made observant to more issues..

I've had that happen before. Try clearing the browser cache and running CCleaner.
Heres the thing with CCleaner, It scares me. Theres so much that it wants to kill, i dunno what is safe to get rid of. I remember a friend telling me that after he ran CClearner, it raped his syetem, and a lotta his games and special stuff didnt work. I have a VERY customized PC, and, Dun wanna have to redo everything..
Coynotreally
Full Metal Otaku

Post by Coynotreally »

Yeah, it got faster.
Don't be fooled by appearances what might look sweet on the outside could be rotten in the inside.

Education will never be as expensive as ignorance.
Yami Yugi's fan
Full Metal Otaku

Post by Yami Yugi's fan »

SASSZAIN wrote: Heres the thing with CCleaner, It scares me. Theres so much that it wants to kill, i dunno what is safe to get rid of. I remember a friend telling me that after he ran CClearner, it raped his syetem, and a lotta his games and special stuff didnt work. I have a VERY customized PC, and, Dun wanna have to redo everything..
I use CCleaner almost every day and it doesn't cause any kind of a problem ...at least to me. It's quite harmless. If you are unsure of certain things that CCleaner wants to clear then just uncheck the check box in front of certain delicate subjects.

Regarding the topic...It's a bit faster, but just a bit.
"When you put your mind in something, then believe that you can succeed in anything"
"Forget nationalism, be tolerant"
"It's better to lose a moment in life than life in a moment"
josh
Absolute Otaku

Post by josh »

The site has been running extremely slow for me for the last two days, in the time it took to load the index page I went to youtube, did a youtube search, clicked on a youtube video and fully buffered it before the index page even came up.

Only this site has been running slow for me.
great friends: Jesus Christ. Dragon X. Locke. Ender. Bambi. Russel.
Theo
Host Admin
Host Admin

Post by Theo »

Josh,

This site is still loading the entire page in under 3 seconds when under a load. There are a couple possibilities. I would recommend clearing the cache on your browser. Also, if there are any broken images (since many people are linking their images to photobucket) it's possible that it's slowing the rendering of the page.

If it's still loading slow, please PM me your IP at the time when it's slow so I can look into the log files and see if there is anything odd going on when it happens.