Warning System

Talk about the website, offer suggestions, express opinions, and get help with understanding and using the forums.
Hardcore
Absolute Otaku

Warning System

Post by Hardcore »

I think we should bring back the warning system, except revamp it a little.

I'm not quite sure this is possible, but I think each warning should warrant a new type of punishment, and after each warn the duration increases. Something like this:

10%-1 day suspension, 20 day removal, no posting in "Moderator Applications"
20%-1 day suspension, 30 day removal.
30%-2 day suspension, 45 day removal
40%-3 day suspension, 60 day removal, no posting in Off-Topic Discussions.
50%-4 day suspension, 70 day removal.
60%-5 day suspension, 75 day removal
70%-5 day suspension, 85 day removal.
80%-6 day suspension, 90 day removal, no posting in light chit-chat or mindless games
90%-one week suspension, 110 day removal.
100%-Banned from the forum.

Just an idea. Feedback is appreciated.
Decisions to decisions are made and not bought, but I thought this wouldn't hurt a lot. I guess not.
The Brown-Eyed Boy
Absolute Otaku

Re: Warning System

Post by The Brown-Eyed Boy »

that is a nice idea. I support it! but then again...im good, most of the time.....but yeah, its a good idea
Name: Tucker
Zero says: Everything is FAAABULOUS!!!!!
Seras

Post by Seras »

So we give them 10% and they can't post in the Moderator Applications on top of the other stuff. What if the person didn't get in trouble in the Moderator Applications and doesn't even post there to begin with?
Now that I've settled down a bit, got knowledge of the land and have a routine set up I can finally get back to doing what I wanna do most... Can someone tell me what that is?
Shining Star

Post by Shining Star »

Sam I honestly think your idea is brillant!
God is love. Because the love that He provides us with is the greatest love of all. And it is because of Him that we are able to love others, since He loved us first.

If you want to know more just pm me. :) He loves you despite what you might think.
Hardcore
Absolute Otaku

Post by Hardcore »

Seras wrote:So we give them 10% and they can't post in the Moderator Applications on top of the other stuff. What if the person didn't get in trouble in the Moderator Applications and doesn't even post there to begin with?
Just an idea. But a person who gets warned in the first place, unless for a completely stupid reason, is a troublemaker and shouldn't be allowed to apply.
That was my thinking, and I'm not even sure if this is possible.
Decisions to decisions are made and not bought, but I thought this wouldn't hurt a lot. I guess not.
The Brown-Eyed Boy
Absolute Otaku

Post by The Brown-Eyed Boy »

not that i'm a computer whiz, but i think it is.....maybe if you make similar to how users under 18 cant access the mature section....no that wouldnt work since its like a registered group issue there.....mmmmmmm
Name: Tucker
Zero says: Everything is FAAABULOUS!!!!!
Hardcore
Absolute Otaku

Post by Hardcore »

The Brown-Eyed Boy wrote:not that i'm a computer whiz, but i think it is.....maybe if you make similar to how users under 18 cant access the mature section....no that wouldnt work since its like a registered group issue there.....mmmmmmm
I've seen it on a different forum, but I'm not sure if it's possible here.
Seras

Post by Seras »

Damn wrote:
Seras wrote:So we give them 10% and they can't post in the Moderator Applications on top of the other stuff. What if the person didn't get in trouble in the Moderator Applications and doesn't even post there to begin with?
Just an idea. But a person who gets warned in the first place, unless for a completely stupid reason, is a troublemaker and shouldn't be allowed to apply.
You said 'Post' in the topic starter and 'Apply' in your message above. Those are two different things. So why would a 10% person care about not posting in the Mod App section if they don't already. And why would a 10% person care about being able to Apply for Mod if they don't want.
The Brown-Eyed Boy wrote:not that i'm a computer whiz, but i think it is.....maybe if you make similar to how users under 18 cant access the mature section....no that wouldnt work since its like a registered group issue there.....mmmmmmm
I was allowed in the Mature Section before I was 18. But also we can't be sure that EVERY member is being truthful about their age.
Now that I've settled down a bit, got knowledge of the land and have a routine set up I can finally get back to doing what I wanna do most... Can someone tell me what that is?
Hardcore
Absolute Otaku

Post by Hardcore »

Seras wrote:
Damn wrote:
You said 'Post' in the topic starter and 'Apply' in your message above. Those are two different things. So why would a 10% person care about not posting in the Mod App section if they don't already. And why would a 10% person care about being able to Apply for Mod if they don't want.
Well technically, in order to apply, you need to post there. So why not stop the applications, and the possible spam in that section?
Seras

Post by Seras »

Damn wrote:
Seras wrote:
Damn wrote:
Well technically, in order to apply, you need to post there. So why not stop the applications, and the possible spam in that section?
Yes but what I'm getting at is, what if this person is causing an issue NOT in Mod App's but.. lets say the Off-Topic section? Wouldn't it be pointless ban them from a place they don't even bother to go to in the first place?
Hardcore
Absolute Otaku

Post by Hardcore »

Perhaps, but it could also be saving trouble.
Moderator Applications is a section that's to be taken pretty serious, in my opinion, and if the person is causing havoc in one section, then why not revoke his privleges from a section that shouldn't be taken lightly?

Regardless, it's just an idea. Because last time the warning system didn't work out, so I'm shooting ideas that could make it be taken more serious than it was.
SASSZAIN

Post by SASSZAIN »

Nelly, you need to text me, if you can.
that aside, your idea is a good idea, but so very many holes. What was the site that you saw this on before? I'd like to go and see what system they have, and that will tell me if it is possible with our current system.

No matter what, its always possible. Thats the glory of programming :)
"You dont have to be alive to make yourself relevant.And you dont have to be a good person to be a hero.You just have to know who you are and stay true to that.So Im going to keep fighting for people the only way I ever knew how"-Vriska Serket
SASSZAIN

Post by SASSZAIN »

Discussion has ceased, so i'm locking the topic to stop bot-spam.
"You dont have to be alive to make yourself relevant.And you dont have to be a good person to be a hero.You just have to know who you are and stay true to that.So Im going to keep fighting for people the only way I ever knew how"-Vriska Serket