series order

Visitor

series order

Post by Guest »

i am kinda lost. does anyone know the order the series goes, including the movies. all i know is that Tenchi Muyo Ryo-Ohki has a completely different story line than tenchi Universe.
The Realist
Dragon Master Otaku

Re: series order

Post by The Realist »

Anonymous wrote:i am kinda lost. does anyone know the order the series goes, including the movies. all i know is that Tenchi Muyo Ryo-Ohki has a completely different story line than tenchi Universe.
Alright, there are seperated and made into different stories of what might happen if this went down or whatever.

The OAV was the Original Artist Video, meaning the real beginning, just like in the mangas (Except different as well).

The OAV breaks down to
OAV 1 & 2 is combined to make a total of 13 episodes.
OAV 3 (Ryo-Ohki series, brand new)

The TV series have their own plot and story.

The Movies, go in order after as so.

Tenchi In love: After OAV 1 and 2 series
Daughter of Darkness: After TV 1 series
Tenchi in Love 2: After TV Series
Anime is a way of life. But so is Reality and it hits harder.
BigKwell
Inactive
Inactive

Post by BigKwell »

The Realist wrote:
Anonymous wrote:i am kinda lost. does anyone know the order the series goes, including the movies. all i know is that Tenchi Muyo Ryo-Ohki has a completely different story line than tenchi Universe.
Alright, there are seperated and made into different stories of what might happen if this went down or whatever.

The OAV was the Original Artist Video, meaning the real beginning, just like in the mangas (Except different as well).

The OAV breaks down to

Here's my take:

OVA:

Episodes 1-19
Tenchi GXP

Galaxy Police Mihoshi Special in between episodes 6-7

Tenchi the Movie II is OVA based, but includes Kiyone Makibi.

Tenchi Universe:

Episodes 1-26
Tenchi the Movie (Tenchi Muyo! in Love)
Tenchi Forever (Tenchi Muyo! in Love II)

Tenchi in Tokyo (Shin Tenchi Muyo!) is separate from the first series.

"When I hear of Schrödinger's cat, I reach for my pistol."

Stephen W. Hawking
BigKwell
Inactive
Inactive

Post by BigKwell »

The Realist wrote:

The OAV breaks down to

As for Magical Pretty Sammy OVA or Magical Project S, please don't ask me anything about it. If you ask me, they're separate series altgether.

Stephen W. Hawking
Kurai
Visitor

Post by Kurai »

Tenchi Muyo! OVA 1-2
Tenchi Muyo! Ryo-ohki OVA 3
Tenchi Muyo! GXP

Tenchi Universe and Tenchi in Tokyo are separate. The 3 mentioned above follow the same plot, in the order listed.
xanfantasy
Baka Otaku

Post by xanfantasy »

I Have watched the series on toonami and have purchased Tenchi Universe! (aka No need for Tenchi!). I am looking to purchase the original OVA. I have seen Tenchi Muyo! and Tenchi Muyo! Ryo-Oki. From earlier posts Ryo-Oki comes second. What is the difference between them? is Ryo-Oki just another ova in the canon?

Also I have started to watch Tenchi in Tokyo but gave up in disgust after hearing the grandfathers voice and personality. Definitively non-cannon.
BigKwell
Inactive
Inactive

Post by BigKwell »

xanfantasy wrote:I Have watched the series on toonami and have purchased Tenchi Universe! (aka No need for Tenchi!). I am looking to purchase the original OVA. I have seen Tenchi Muyo! and Tenchi Muyo! Ryo-Oki. From earlier posts Ryo-Oki comes second. What is the difference between them? is Ryo-Oki just another ova in the canon?

Also I have started to watch Tenchi in Tokyo but gave up in disgust after hearing the grandfathers voice and personality. Definitively non-cannon.
You better hurry and do it, though. Episodes 1-20 are Geneon and might be sold-out.

Stephen W. Hawking
conchappie
Visitor

Post by conchappie »

hope it aint to late to post.

but the order is

ova 1 and 2 first

tenchi universe is after that

then the movie princess of darkness

i figure this 'cause look at the animation its got that old 90's feel to it still plus the movie has Kiyone in it who you don't meet until the universe series

the 3rd ova comes after inwhich the anime art is more modern but it continues on from the 1st & 2nd ova's and have nothing to do with the tenchi universe.

after the 3rd ova follows GXP as is said in the extra features of the 3rd ova's dvd

so thats the order of release.

but the real order is ova's 1-3

GXP

Tenchi universe is the same as the ova's only tenchi meets the main characters in a different way (Just a slightly different spin on the ova's) its more filler episodes

Then the Movies after that
conchappie
Visitor

Post by conchappie »

hope it aint to late to post.

but the order is

ova 1 and 2 first

tenchi universe is after that

then the movie princess of darkness

i figure this 'cause look at the animation its got that old 90's feel to it still plus the movie has Kiyone in it who you don't meet until the universe series

the 3rd ova comes after inwhich the anime art is more modern but it continues on from the 1st & 2nd ova's and have nothing to do with the tenchi universe.

after the 3rd ova is followed by GXP as is said in the extra features of the 3rd ova's dvd

so thats the order of release.

but the real order is ova's 1-3

GXP

Tenchi universe is the same as the ova's only tenchi meets the main characters in a different way (Just a slightly different spin on the ova's) its more filler episodes

Then the Movies after that
.:Aki-Kun:.
Absolute Mega-Insane Otaku

Post by .:Aki-Kun:. »

so are u sure u got the right order lol
I found a good site to rp, games, movies, and etc. things that u can imagine talking about please join the site and get this site active again...

http://templeshoebox.proboards19.com/in ... w=1&id=720