Gasaraki

Discussions about anything anime-related.
Kronik_The_Echidna
Full Metal Otaku

Gasaraki

Post by Kronik_The_Echidna »

Has anyone heard of the Anime Gasaraki? It's an Anime liscensed by A.D.V. Films.It's a pretty cool Anime. If you haven't heard of this Anime, click the link http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gasaraki
"MEAT... SANDWHICH"

scifi1980
Newbie Otaku

re: Gasaraki

Post by scifi1980 »

I bought the box set off eBay about 3 years ago. The animation was pretty good especially the Mech scenes. The story was very deep and I could see it going over some people's heads (I had to watch it through again to get a firm grip on what was going on

I liked the beginning of each episode with those interesting paragraphs. I also liked the monolouge by the characters during the previews of the next episode. The ending vocal theme was great, it would make my top 15 of anime vocals if I had to make a list.

After watching it through 3 times I still cannot remember the names of the characters. Only Yushiro Gowa. I keep seeing the girls name but can't place my finger on it, and even though Yushiro's squad is in almost every episode I can't remember there names, too complicated I guess :heh:

My review.

Story: 3 stars
Music: 7 stars
Characters: 4 Stars

If I had to rate this on a scale of 1 to 10 I would give it a 3 star rating.
Good music but was very deep and complicated at times.

Ryukon
Uber Otaku

re: Gasaraki

Post by Ryukon »

I only have the first 2 DVDs, I think. I first bought them like...almost 5 years ago now. I haven't been able to get anymore because for one, I didn't have much money to spend on a whim of almost $30 to get it and my parents didn't like me buying any DVDs (for what reasons were beyond me). But I did like it a lot, despite how I didn't quite get what everyone was talking about... :lol:

It's been a while since I've seen it and I'd break it out and watch it again had I not loaned it to a friend in the mainland. lol. But I liked Yushiro and Miharu and I always wondered when the hell they were going to meet and then what they would do should they ever do meet.

Gah...I want to watch it now. [adult swim] in a different part of the world that they were playing the series of Gasaraki. This was last year that I found out so I'm not sure where and if they are still playing it.
Blue like. Like blue.
~龍子