what was your first anime that got you hooked?

Discussions about anything anime-related.
SASSZAIN

re: what was your first anime that got you hooked?

Post by SASSZAIN »

I remember my first.

`twas Card Captor Sakura ^^, then was Sailor Moon, then Digimonand DBZ, then from there on i rushed in so fast i dun remember ^^
"You dont have to be alive to make yourself relevant.And you dont have to be a good person to be a hero.You just have to know who you are and stay true to that.So Im going to keep fighting for people the only way I ever knew how"-Vriska Serket
greywolf0
Ramen Slurping Otaku

Re: what was your first anime that got you hooked?

Post by greywolf0 »

The first anime i have seen uhh i have to say Inuyasha
*Time to Die..IDIOTS!
Ramen Slurping Otaku

Re: re: what was your first anime that got you hooked?

Post by *Time to Die..IDIOTS! »

BigKwell wrote:I was only twelve years old when I saw my first anime, "Speed Racer" in 1972. Of course, I didn't even hear of the term "anime". The first anime movie I saw was "Galaxy Express 999" in 1980, but it was an edited version, I wouldn't see the full version until 1995. Since then, the series that really got me hooked was "Tenchi Muyo!" and since then, I not only wanted to see other anime, but I since then began collecting anime. My collection includes the OVA "Tenchi", not to mention "Outlaw Star", "Slayers, the Motion Picture", "Tekkaman Blade II" "Blood Reign", "Plastic Little", "Dirty Pair Flash", "Princess Mononoke", "Tokyo Babylon", and right now I'm in the process of collecting "Neon Genesis Evangelion: Platinum Series" and "Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex".

Interesting history you have there. I remember 'Speed Racer' quite well. 'Racer X'..of course...being my favorite character. I also remember 'Kimba the Lion' and 'Astro-Boy'(which seems to be coming into the New Age today).

The one Anime series that I latched onto(while in Boarding School)was 'Sailor Moon'. Looking at the constant epitome's of Androgeny(the male characters of course)I felt that perhaps my own "look" was acceptable as well.

Plus...researching 'Tenoh and Michiru' made my life a lot easier. I felt that perhaps many people would understand real life human beings that are very much like those two Anime characters.

I didn't feel so alone in my life when I watched Tenoh and Michiru on Sailor Moon.

I held onto the two of them for years.

My collection has grown...and my home is an Anime Shrine. The first thing you see once you enter my home is a massive fleece blanket(that I plastered on my entrance hallway)of 'Kakashi Hatake' reading his romance novel.

After that...my home is a Shrine to many different series of Anime. 8-[
Most breeds are not only struggling to survive...but within the struggle...we are dying in order to live..
Steve Kudo
Baka Otaku

Post by Steve Kudo »

hmm.. wel i have watched mny animeS in my childhhod and i couldn't help my self to hate them. I love all what i have watched and absoltely got hooked to all of them. Yet, i do have also my favorites. Detective Conan would be the first; then HUnter X HUnter, Flame of Recca, Slamdunk, DragonBall, Hell Teacher Nube, Inu Yasha, and many more... I dont care if it is in kapamilya or kapuso. I just do love anime... :lol: :lol: And now, another anime inpired me and has driven me crazy, it's Fushigi Yuugi.. Chichiri's the best!!! So to all FUshigi lovers there, com'on PM me.. U r not alone in this world, dude. Togther we'll go to Konan Empire and meet the Celestial Warriors there... :love:
taKe care.
c",)
Katsuyo
Absolute Otaku

Post by Katsuyo »

Inu yasha got mr hooked then FMA then gundam seed
(*Bleach 101 ARMY*)-Marshal 元帥陸軍大将 Gensui Rikugun Taishō (*****)
PROUD TO BE A CANADIAN
Best Pal: Clamato
When the going gets tough, the tough get GIANT FIGHTING ROBOTS!!!
My japanese name is 飯野 Iino (rice plains) 徹平 Koike (penetrating peace)
Rickster
Master Otaku

Post by Rickster »

EVANGELION!!!!! :shock:
Yuki~
Absolute Otaku

Post by Yuki~ »

Pokémon! XDD
I was 7 years old when I first saw it. And I started to watch it because my friends played of Pokemon on the free times at school, and before I watch it, I wanted to play with them, but they didn't let me play, because I didn't know the series! XDDD
Then it was Card Captor Sakura,Dragon Ball, Yu-Gi-Oh, InuYasha.
I remember I used to watch Dragon Ball hidden of my mom, because she thought it was too violent for a 7 year-old girl watch. But I was just crazy for Trunks and I wanted to see him, so, I watched Dragon Ball without sound. XDD But after a while, she forgot about it and I started to see it with sound.
In my oppinion, pokemon was good until the 3rd season. after that, i stopped watching it everyday and i don't know any of the newest pokemons. XD

Now I'm a 100% FMA lover!! XD And I love Fushigi Yuugi too.. *-*
olááá
L'Arc~en~Ciel forever~
o(•ω•)o o(•ω•)o o(•ω•)o
quando pousar e abrir os olhos como seria bom se te encontrasse com um sorriso...
tchau~
Pink Supervisor|EL
Absolute Otaku

Post by Pink Supervisor|EL »

it would have to be Dragon ball and Pokemon that got me into anime
Assassin of the Black Knights
Naru-chan's hubby50 YEN FEE TO CALL ME PINK
PINOY PRIDE ^_^
I'm in Dispair! (insert random social problem here) has left me in dispair!
blue crow
Uber Otaku

Post by blue crow »

i
n
u
y
a
s
h
a
I hope your smiling face
is with me until the day
I fall into eternal sleep
animedarkflame
Newbie Otaku

Post by animedarkflame »

i guess pokemon would be the first since i started watching it since i was 6 years old...but the first anime that really hooked me was kenshin...
~nina~
Battousai The Manslayer
Absolute Otaku

Post by Battousai The Manslayer »

Dragonball Z started it all for me. That's were it all began.

*sigh*

Memories! :D
Does God Exist?

<>Bleach Club 101<> Squad #5 Captain
Raptor Jesus went extinct for your sins. He is the true messiah.
Bambi
Absolute Otaku

Post by Bambi »

Sailor Moon!! We got the English version lol. I was soooo happy because a character had my name!!! It was an amazing day when I first saw Sailor Moon. Then it was Pokemon and Dragon Ball Z. I can't remember which came out first!

Dragon Ball Z or Pokemon?? :-k ](*,) [-(
Apo , Akki, Limbo, Wallaby, Rainmaker, Ender, Kiddo, Cherry, Panda*, Aoi, Sam & BikiButt =P~ <3
~ Sailor Moon Fan Girl Forever ♥ ~
I see nothing worse than to sail this universe without you ♥
hollowslayer16
Baka Otaku

Post by hollowslayer16 »

zoids chaotic century!!!!
Doctor Ren
Rookie Otaku

Post by Doctor Ren »

The first anime I ever laid my eyes upon was Sailor Moon. However, I hated the show, since its storyline was boring and all of its characters were incredibly obnoxious.

The first anime I ever liked, however, was Pocket Monsters. I stopped watching it in the middle of its second season, though, since I was beginning to grow tired of its plot.
BURUAAAAAA!!!*cough*
shadow47
Dragon Master Otaku

Post by shadow47 »

My very first anime was Yuyu Hakusho. That was about 4 or 5 years ago. and i'm still hooked on it!
Yay for Doughnuts!