Recomend me an Anime

Discussions about anything anime-related.
zeeflover
Master Otaku

Re: Recomend me an Anime

Post by zeeflover »

Trinity Blood is cool and also Death Note...and Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya.
Yep. Try One Piece too. Ranma 1/2, InuYasha and Mermaid's Forest are works of Rumiko Takahashi. It's worth a try. Hmm...What else??
Katsuyo
Absolute Otaku

Post by Katsuyo »

Try bleach thats a good one
(*Bleach 101 ARMY*)-Marshal 元帥陸軍大将 Gensui Rikugun Taishō (*****)
PROUD TO BE A CANADIAN
Best Pal: Clamato
When the going gets tough, the tough get GIANT FIGHTING ROBOTS!!!
My japanese name is 飯野 Iino (rice plains) 徹平 Koike (penetrating peace)
WaffleGod
Full Metal Otaku

Post by WaffleGod »

Looking for new stuff to watch, eh? Allow me to mention a few things.

1) Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni
The obligatory recommendation. My absolute, no-questions-asked, number 1 favorite anime of all time; I will more than likely be first in line to pick up the DVDs upon their release. Long story short, there's a village plagued by a string of bizarre (emphasis on that word! I cannot stress enough how disturbing this series gets at times) murders. Every year, on the night of the local Watanagashi festival, one seemingly random person is murdered, and one person disappears never to be seen again. This strange phenomenon has been going on for the past 5 years. The villagers believe it is a curse placed upon them by their god Oyashiro, but nobody knows what's really going on, or why.

The series is split into 6 short stories, each taking place in the same universe, with the same characters, but with different outcomes each time. Similar to those old "choose your own adventure" books. Each story provides clues to solving the mystery, while raising even more questions at the same time. A series that will constantly keep you guessing, and more often than not, completely dumbfounded and at a loss for words.

Sample Teaser (Loli Stab!):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8RpKiLNRQk

#2) Neon Genesis Evangelion
A definite classic, with an enormous fanbase, and an equally large anti-fanbase. I, personally, straddle between the two. There are a lot of things I don't like about it, to be honest.

I'm sure you've heard the story before: Teenage brat gets to pilot a giant robot knowing absolutely nothing about how it works, hits a bunch of random buttons and somehow ends up saving the world from mysterious alien invaders. Evangelion starts off as another generic mecha anime, but quickly shifts into a more character driven, psychological pseudo-thriller. And the characters, I must say, are very, very memorable. Whether you love them, or despise them and wish nothing more than to see them die horrible deaths, you'll remember these guys and girls for a long, long time.

Just be forewarned that the ending is probably the most absurd, utterly nonsensical piece of garbage ever written. Fortunately there's a movie out that fixes the ending, and makes it a little more sensible. But not by much.

...Wait, I take that back. GANTZ has the most absurd, nonsensical ending ever written. But Eva's a pretty close second.

Sample Teaser (LOL, no subs for j00):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbrXRquXa4w

#3) RahXephon
This'll be brief. 'nother mecha anime, with a lot of similarites to Evangelion. And I do mean a lot. Some people go so far as to call it an Eva clone. I call it "Eva done right".

Imagine Evangelion. Now imagine Evangelion with a plot that isn't so confusing. Throw in some interesting characters, better mech designs, and an ending that actually makes sense, and does a good job of concluding the series. And Quon. This show's worth watching just for Quon. And that's RahXephon in a nutshell.

Sample Teaser (It's hard to find a non-spoilerish clip. So just enjoy the orgasmic intro):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rR-ZwXYkqzA

#4) Hajime no Ippo: The Fighting (English title: "Fighting Spirit")
...Wow. Just...wow. Undoubtedly the greatest shounen series I've ever seen, and, dare I say, possibly the greatest shounen series ever made. THIS is how all sports anime should be done, and I wish real sports could be this awesome.

Hajime no Ippo is, unlike other generic shounen, not about some great adventure or saving the world or anything silly like that. It's the story of one man, and his rise from a no-name kid living in a small town with his mother, to becoming one of the greatest boxers in the history of the sport. TONS of lovable characters, lots of humor, some dramatic moments thrown in for flavoring, and some of the coolest fight scenes I've ever seen in anime. Period. A definite must-see.

Sample Teaser (Could YOU withstand that punch?):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eb-Ns4-ML7Q

And that's all you're getting out of me.
"The past is past, and histories care little for a-speakin' the truth of it." ~Ravel Puzzlewell
zeeflover
Master Otaku

Post by zeeflover »

^Yes. I agree with you in Fighting Spirits. It's an awesome anime.
kekiko67
Full Metal Otaku

Post by kekiko67 »

yeah my bros obsessed with naruto but you can try it in your spare time im not fully recommending it
while my heart overflows your hatred mops it up