WATZ BETTER POKEMON OR YUGIOH

Discussions about anything anime-related.

WATZ BETTER POKEMON OR YUGIOH?

POKEMON
29%
YUGIOH
57%
IM NOT SURE
14%

Total votes: 14

Robbie Hendrix
Dragon Master Otaku

Re: WATZ BETTER POKEMON OR YUGIOH

Post by Robbie Hendrix »

they both suck but i had to watch one it be yu gi oh
Whats_your_angle
Master Otaku

Post by Whats_your_angle »

Pokemon creators have to be running out of names for their pokemons. They are coming up with the stupidest names. At least in Yu-gi-oh all the names aren't the same thing over and over.

Although both shows are rather simple.

Yu-Gi-Oh has more depth. Every ep in Pokemon even is the same. He has to get a badge...there's something in front of him, something about team rocket and at the end he either wins and is happy, or is defeated and learns a lesson. Every five seconds that yellow -mon is stolen, the only thing that breaks it up is the movies. His voice got stupid -deeper- and he didn't even grow an inch, really didn't in his character either.

Mostly they are both kid shows. -is guilty of watching them when bored or waiting for an actual show to come on-
p.s Cody-Kins is right about Digimon. :wink:
My eyes grow hard as a smile returns
<i>No tears to wet my face </i>
Little barbs only nick the surface
<i>As I slowly breathe in and out</i>
Doctor Ren
Rookie Otaku

Post by Doctor Ren »

Yu-Gi-Oh!, since it has a deeper plot and a more interesting cast of characters.

I gave up on Pocket Monsters in the middle of season 2. The story in all the sagas is generally the same. In each and every one, Satoshi is trying to win all the badges necessary to enter some league while Roketto-dan attempts to steal his Pikachu from him. It gets incredibly boring after awhile.

Furthermore, I find many of its characters to be obnoxious and annoying. Satoshi grates on my nerves, as do Kasumi (why do people like her, anyway? She basically went from being a character with extreme PMS to a dull character spouting good morals every five minutes), Takeshi, Kenji, and Haruka. I can only tolerate Roketto-dan, since they're the only characters on the show with any real dimension and personality (I happen to love Kojirou. He's awesome).

Yu-Gi-Oh!, while it is better than Pocket Monsters, still has its negative points. A few of its sagas are dull and there are some characters from it who are aggravating (Yami no Yuugi, Yami no Bakura, Yami no Malik, Honda, Rebecca, Mokuba, etc.).

Meh. If you want a truly good shonen anime, watch Yu Yu Hakusho. It easily owns both Yu-Gi-Oh! and Pocket Monsters.
BURUAAAAAA!!!*cough*