Why do some people hate anime?

Discussions about anything anime-related.
User avatar
Roy Hughes
Mobile Suit Otaku
Posts: 134
Joined: Jun 03, 2006 10:28am
Gender: Male
Location: Amestris/Xing

Why do some people hate anime?

Post by Roy Hughes »

I mean, WHY?! What's wrong with anime?! Personally, I think their animation and voices (in Japanese version) and their openings are better, WAY better than our crappy ones! Sure, in the Japanese version they tend to cuss and there tends to be WAY too much blood and violence and crap but WHO CARES?!?!?!?!?! It's just the way it is!!!! Sheesh! We have some cartoons like that here in USA! Remember Simpsons, Family Guy and American Dad and South Park? Exactly! Comments, anyone?
Proud Member of Homunculus Clan and Loving Animals Clan

Hoping to be a member of Bleach Clan, InuYasha Clan, Glomp Clan, and Chibi Clan too! :D

ANIMES AND MANGAS RULE!!!!!
Cody-kins
Absolute Otaku
Posts: 2359
Joined: Feb 25, 2006 11:08pm
Gender: Male

Re: Why do some people hate anime?

Post by Cody-kins »

Simpsons, Family Guy and American Dad and South Park are comedic cartoons

anime is cartoons with adult themes
Deep into darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal has ever dared to dream before
Pink Supervisor|EL
Absolute Otaku
Posts: 5579
Joined: Jul 20, 2005 10:34pm
Gender: Male
Location: ...where am i?...
Contact:

Re: Why do some people hate anime?

Post by Pink Supervisor|EL »

mainly because it's accepted as nerdy to watch anime, as well people are ignorant, if it isn't some stupid north american cartoon (family guy, simpsons, southpark) it's weird...

mainly people dislike anime because of one thing... the first anime to broad cast over north america... DBZ and Sailor Moon turned off alot of cartoon fans which later started to believe all anime were like that

welll that's just my opinion... there could be other reasons ^_^
Assassin of the Black Knights
Naru-chan's hubby50 YEN FEE TO CALL ME PINK
PINOY PRIDE ^_^
I'm in Dispair! (insert random social problem here) has left me in dispair!
Cody-kins
Absolute Otaku
Posts: 2359
Joined: Feb 25, 2006 11:08pm
Gender: Male

Re: Why do some people hate anime?

Post by Cody-kins »

Fū-Jutsushi|EL wrote:stupid north american cartoon (family guy, simpsons, southpark
*TWITCH*
THOSE ARE DAMN GOOD SHOWS!!!
Deep into darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal has ever dared to dream before
User avatar
Roy Hughes
Mobile Suit Otaku
Posts: 134
Joined: Jun 03, 2006 10:28am
Gender: Male
Location: Amestris/Xing

Re: Why do some people hate anime?

Post by Roy Hughes »

Fū-Jutsushi|EL wrote:mainly because it's accepted as nerdy to watch anime, as well people are ignorant, if it isn't some stupid north american cartoon (family guy, simpsons, southpark) it's weird...

mainly people dislike anime because of one thing... the first anime to broad cast over north america... DBZ and Sailor Moon turned off alot of cartoon fans which later started to believe all anime were like that

welll that's just my opinion... there could be other reasons ^_^
I see...

But the thing is, not ALL anime are like that. Look at Full Metal Alchemist, Naruto, InuYasha, One Piece and Sonic X (Japanese versions only). They are pretty good!
Proud Member of Homunculus Clan and Loving Animals Clan

Hoping to be a member of Bleach Clan, InuYasha Clan, Glomp Clan, and Chibi Clan too! :D

ANIMES AND MANGAS RULE!!!!!
KoYue
Absolute Mega-Insane Otaku
Posts: 14054
Joined: Feb 23, 2005 2:23pm
Gender: Female
Location: ^^In This Happy Little Place^^
Contact:

Re: Why do some people hate anime?

Post by KoYue »

Simple. People don't give it a chance. ^_^
Aquí está la vela. Aquí está el camino. Ahora sígame al fin. . .
. . . stay together itsumo. . .
Chibis rule!
*~Find your reason to live~*
Robbie Hendrix
Dragon Master Otaku
Posts: 469
Joined: Jun 20, 2007 6:52pm
Gender: Male
Location: California

Re: Why do some people hate anime?

Post by Robbie Hendrix »

I disgree about the dbz making people hate anime, thats still the show that got me in to anime, and alot of my friends who arent even into anime watch dbz, I think the biggest reason are that people who watch anime are perceived as being nerds. Ignorant people are always going to hate what they dont understand.
Yuri Volte Hyuga
Full Metal Otaku
Posts: 307
Joined: Nov 25, 2005 10:14am
Gender: Male
Location: England

Re: Why do some people hate anime?

Post by Yuri Volte Hyuga »

Some people dislike the art style of anime. There are a number of reasons why people dislike anime. Each to his/her own I say.
PSN ID: Otogi-Matsuri
MVC3: X-23/Trish/Dante, SSF4: Viper, Juri, Cammy
*Sakura*
Uber Otaku
Posts: 894
Joined: Dec 17, 2006 12:19pm
Gender: Female
Location: sitting under a cherry tree

Re: Why do some people hate anime?

Post by *Sakura* »

a lot of people don't like anime because they think that it's childish,at least that's what my classmates think
Pink Supervisor|EL
Absolute Otaku
Posts: 5579
Joined: Jul 20, 2005 10:34pm
Gender: Male
Location: ...where am i?...
Contact:

Re: Why do some people hate anime?

Post by Pink Supervisor|EL »

Cody-Kins wrote:
Fū-Jutsushi|EL wrote:stupid north american cartoon (family guy, simpsons, southpark
*TWITCH*
THOSE ARE DAMN GOOD SHOWS!!!

i'm not saying their bad i mean stupid as in funny omg that guy is stupid or pointless shows
berserk solider wrote:I disgree about the dbz making people hate anime, thats still the show that got me in to anime, and alot of my friends who arent even into anime watch dbz, I think the biggest reason are that people who watch anime are perceived as being nerds. Ignorant people are always going to hate what they dont understand.

it was dragon ball and pokemon that got me hooked i didn't like DBZ as much as the original DB show... and those were just examples
Last edited by Pink Supervisor|EL on Jul 07, 2007 4:13pm, edited 1 time in total.
Assassin of the Black Knights
Naru-chan's hubby50 YEN FEE TO CALL ME PINK
PINOY PRIDE ^_^
I'm in Dispair! (insert random social problem here) has left me in dispair!
Pink Supervisor|EL
Absolute Otaku
Posts: 5579
Joined: Jul 20, 2005 10:34pm
Gender: Male
Location: ...where am i?...
Contact:

Re: Why do some people hate anime?

Post by Pink Supervisor|EL »

double post
Assassin of the Black Knights
Naru-chan's hubby50 YEN FEE TO CALL ME PINK
PINOY PRIDE ^_^
I'm in Dispair! (insert random social problem here) has left me in dispair!
Battousai The Manslayer
Absolute Otaku
Posts: 4180
Joined: Oct 03, 2005 7:47pm
Gender: Male
Location: California/Andrews University

Re: Why do some people hate anime?

Post by Battousai The Manslayer »

I find that people hate anime/manga because they think only nerds, losers, geeks, and fat 37 year olds who live in their parents basements watch and read it. Some simply dislike the art style with the large eyes and find it weird. The fact that there's so much hentai (especially on the internet) doesn't help ease the problem either.
Does God Exist?

<>Bleach Club 101<> Squad #5 Captain
Raptor Jesus went extinct for your sins. He is the true messiah.
WAKAI_sukebe
Uber Otaku
Posts: 731
Joined: Apr 30, 2007 10:14pm
Gender: Male
Location: muggin a white man

Re: Why do some people hate anime?

Post by WAKAI_sukebe »

people hate what they dont understand,
Quick get the revolver and one bullet you were saving for xmas. say no to violence kids
Sakujou
Mobile Suit Otaku
Posts: 123
Joined: Jul 06, 2007 10:44pm
Gender: Male

Re: Why do some people hate anime?

Post by Sakujou »

Because they are one sided fools who think american cartoons are good. And in fact I have said it once and I will say it again, I have never seen even once an american cartoon have any story that was actually interesting and in depth, like something lets say death note, ergo proxy...even FMA...never o_o...all american cartoons are heres the boss, lets go kill it, k done. They try adding in twists but you know it's forced in there and isn't natural to the story
User avatar
Lestat69_99
Absolute Otaku
Posts: 2296
Joined: Aug 28, 2005 11:33pm
Gender: Male
Location: Nebraska
Contact:

Re: Why do some people hate anime?

Post by Lestat69_99 »

Sakujou wrote:Because they are one sided fools who think american cartoons are good. And in fact I have said it once and I will say it again, I have never seen even once an american cartoon have any story that was actually interesting and in depth, like something lets say death note, ergo proxy...even FMA...never o_o...all american cartoons are heres the boss, lets go kill it, k done. They try adding in twists but you know it's forced in there and isn't natural to the story
*Sighs* Children....
"Well, look who's back...Show him why we call it "SPLATTERHOUSE'."
Terror Mask
Gyro Zeppeli
Absolute Otaku
Posts: 1791
Joined: Apr 07, 2005 6:35pm
Gender: Male
Location: In ur base killing ur d00dz

Re: Why do some people hate anime?

Post by Gyro Zeppeli »

Iruka Uchiha wrote: Look at Full Metal Alchemist, Naruto, InuYasha, One Piece and Sonic X (Japanese versions only). They are pretty good!
Off topic, but why do you hate the FMA dub? I actually liked it a lot better than the Japanese version. And as for Naruto, the dub isn't that bad, there's voices from both versions that annnoy the [censored] out of me. But the rest I agree with

As for the topic at hand, they think anime is for fat, 45 year old men, who live in their Mom's basement, and go to cons dressed like Sailor Moon.
In the beginning was the Win, and the Win was with Gai, and the Win was Gai.

Raptor Jesus went extinct for your sins. He is the true messiah
Post Reply